4.9

1. JimB.
    Oct 3, 2001
    Jump, jump, swing my sword. Yawn, yawn, go home bored.
  2. RMCrill
    Sep 23, 2001
    "Sucked" is charitable. Except for three actions sequences (which were clever and well executed), this is an hour and 45 minutes of wasted time. Awful acting, notable plot missteps, and characters whose actions defy any idenity they might have built during the film. Sucked, a lot.
  3. RobertB.
    Sep 12, 2001
    Completely bland. I was hoping it would be at least a slightly fun but brainless action movie, but they mostly stick to the "brainless" aspect for the whole thing. No funny lines. Confusing action. Bored actors. Avoid!
  4. JoeJ.
    Jul 11, 2002
    I guess I enjoyed this more than most.
  5. ShaneS.
    Sep 24, 2005
    I loved this movie. If you no anything about France during the 17th century you would love this movie.
  6. Jan 3, 2015
    All in all, a decent movie - nothing more flattering can be said about this one, in my opinion. The acting wasn't overly convincing, the characters were smug and full of themselves (especially the young D'Artagnan), there was no real character introductions made at any point - I could tell who was whom since I've seen other, better musketeer movies. There was no real character developmentAll in all, a decent movie - nothing more flattering can be said about this one, in my opinion. The acting wasn't overly convincing, the characters were smug and full of themselves (especially the young D'Artagnan), there was no real character introductions made at any point - I could tell who was whom since I've seen other, better musketeer movies. There was no real character development either, and the plot wasn't strong enough to offer anything but a stale movie. The action sequences were flashy - maybe too so (they stood out painfully, if one stopped to think of them for too long). Spiced up with witty comments that were too cliché to lure out more than a yawn, it seemed that this movie was made just for the sake of *making* it. Expand
  7. Zal
    Jan 11, 2012
    Incredible action scenes aside, there is really nothing to like about this movie. Even with Stephen Rea and Tim Roth as the villains, this film is still bad. But damn it, these action scenes are SO GOOD! And that is the only reason why anyone in their right mind should watch it.
    Honestly, I'm not big on action films unless the action is interesting and creative. The Musketeer has some of the most creative and well choreographed fight scenes I have seen in a long time. If they put half as much effort into telling a good story, this might have been a good film.
    This film would normally get a 1 but the great action brings it up to a 4.

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    Quite handsomely produced, and there's a definite swashbuckling verve to it. Most of the characters have been contemporized, but the actors are engaging.
    Unspeakably awful.
  3. Moves in fits and starts, with some crafty and credible fight choreography by Xin Xin Xiong on either side of the pretty but boring middle hour.