6.8

1. Aug 28, 2014
    The movie surprised me. It was - naturally - nothing like the Disney-animation. Moreover, it was nothing like any movie I had seen. The movie is built on atmospheres rather than those simple qualities we are used to (talk, action). At some moments, the movie was good. Colin Farrell did a good job, being believable with his inner turmoil. Yet the bothering music, the meaningless images, andThe movie surprised me. It was - naturally - nothing like the Disney-animation. Moreover, it was nothing like any movie I had seen. The movie is built on atmospheres rather than those simple qualities we are used to (talk, action). At some moments, the movie was good. Colin Farrell did a good job, being believable with his inner turmoil. Yet the bothering music, the meaningless images, and a loose story-telling ruin most of the good experience. Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2011
    In my opinion, the movie was quite slow. The scenery of the forest was beautiful but but if your prone to sleeping a lot, you'd sleep during half of this movie.
  3. Feb 16, 2011
    It should have warning on poster: only for snobs and maybe some retarded children..boring, poorly directed and slow, puts you asleep like that...and also very bad acting by that chick

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Malick's magnificent, frustrating epic mixes fact and legend to conjure up a reverie about Pocahontas (Q'orianka Kilcher), her love for Capt. John Smith (Colin Farrell) and her crossing from one culture to another.
  2. This is resolutely a film of the imagination. As with all films in Malick's slim body of work, its imagery, haunting sounds and pastoral mood trump narrative.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    This is no breathless film fantasy; its pulse is stately, contemplative. But anyone who has keen eyes and an open heart will surely go soaring and crashing with the lovers lost in Malick's exotic, erotic new world.