6.8

1. Dec 7, 2014
    This movie is one of the best art piece to make you understand how the cosmos can splitted into shards of conciousness.
    However it is not an easy movie to understand.
    I like the 8s more than the nines :D
  2. Oct 17, 2010
    It is a clever concept but it isn't presented in the way in which it would of earned a higher rating in my book. The woman in it is especially annoying, if only the man could of used his power as a '9' to get rid of her from the beginning.
  3. VeraM.
    Aug 31, 2008
    Intelligent, well acted and catchy : "The Nines" intrigues you all the time, and it doesn´t matter if you don´t like the final twist.
  4. DreamW.
    Mar 26, 2008
    I bet everyone 1st thinks drugs and/or schizophrenia. But the avatar concept does work in the end and after 4K years "lost"as a demi-god, I think I'd crack up too. The conscious awareness he gives his "charatcters" in eah 'play' he creates is awesome..and how his wife knows in the end.... threw me off. I vote a high YES. Now, go rent "Dead Man" with Depp. DreamWalkyr
  5. Josh
    Feb 2, 2008
    It's been a while since I've been intrigued by such an original storyline. I watch mainly Mainstream movies, so this one was a little off the beaten path for me, but was not disappointed. Worth every penny.
  6. RossH.
    Dec 3, 2007
    I really enjoyed this film, althogh the topic matter may not be everybody's cup of tea. If you have an interest in existentialism, and video games its well worth the watch, some of the topics covered are very 'in jokes' but if you get them, they're brilliant.
  7. DScott
    Sep 30, 2007
    Wow, really thought-provoking (which is probably why some reviewers didn't get it), well written, and certainly well acted, esp Hope Davis. We talked about this film for hours. One of my favorite films this year.
  8. ScottR.
    Sep 8, 2007
    I know it's rare and it may even cause some people pain, but watching a movie that gets you to using your noodle is a good thing. You can't just let this one flow over you while you dismiss all logical thought and watch stuff explode. Of course, that can be fun too in the right context, but it shouldn't be the standard by which all movies are compared. Watch this movie. I know it's rare and it may even cause some people pain, but watching a movie that gets you to using your noodle is a good thing. You can't just let this one flow over you while you dismiss all logical thought and watch stuff explode. Of course, that can be fun too in the right context, but it shouldn't be the standard by which all movies are compared. Watch this movie. Then download the commentary from the official website and watch the movie again while listening to it. I dare you! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jamie Tipps
    This movie is metaphysical fun, and while some elements are predictable, it’s an engaging mystery.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    The Nines arcs from witty Hollywood insiderdom to a climactic metaphysical leap that may leave many viewers nonplussed. Nonetheless, there's more than enough intelligence, intrigue and performance dazzle to make this an adventuresome gizmo for grownups.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    It's hardly a novel idea, but at least when Kaufman, David Lynch, or Michel Gondry invites us on a tour of his chaotic subconscious, it's a fascinating place to visit. Plunging into August's gray matter is more like a season in vacation hell.