5.8

1. Sep 15, 2013
    And all the nonsense we do not even say that the actors brought this horror on their backs. I do not understand what he was director and screenwriter Do not Look! Anyone who does so, that would take!
  2. Jul 14, 2013
    The Numbers Station had a very interesting plot with tons of potential. The problem was, the movie was actually very boring, I hated John Cusack's take on his character, and the last 10% of the film was just stupid. Addressing each of those issues one-by-one, the bore factor was on the mediocre writing. The setting had the potential for an intense spy thriller but it was badlyThe Numbers Station had a very interesting plot with tons of potential. The problem was, the movie was actually very boring, I hated John Cusack's take on his character, and the last 10% of the film was just stupid. Addressing each of those issues one-by-one, the bore factor was on the mediocre writing. The setting had the potential for an intense spy thriller but it was badly underutilized. As for Cusack, while I'm normally a fan of his, I didn't like the direction they went with his character. I think a Jason Bourne type of personality would've came across better on the screen. Instead Cusack almost seemed just empty. While I imagine that's what they were going for, it doesn't make for a very good protagonist. Lastly, the ending was just weak. Without getting into spoilers, it just felt unrealistic and almost rushed. For a movie that went nowhere for way too long, everything wrapped up a bit too quickly. Overall this film had some potential but was poorly executed. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Apr 28, 2013
    Sentencing a sad-looking John Cusack and a hard-working Malin Akerman to roughly 90 minutes of solitary confinement in a poorly lit underground bunker, this glum, juiceless spy thriller is a by-the-numbers affair indeed, unlikely to find an audience on any frequency.
  2. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Apr 26, 2013
    The agent in this interesting little thriller — well played by John Cusack — is up to the Company’s usual dirty tricks.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Apr 25, 2013
    A predictable hodgepodge of uninteresting psychological cat-and-mouse, dimly lighted action.