The Omega Code

4.6

1. PatC.
    Jan 6, 2004
    I hope when Jesus returns, one of the first things he does is clarify to Hollywood that God is not an Idiot. In the meantime, there are so many satellite channels now. They have to show something. And I suppose a shabby awareness of Revelations is better than no awareness at all.
  2. jackj.
    Nov 30, 2005
    What a joke. Movie has no flow to it, and incredibly innacurate. No mention of the rapture, mark of the beast, armaggeddon. And it seems the movie ended abruptly, what'd the final code do?? usher in jesus or set off a white nuclear bomb? blew.
  3. LarryK.
    Aug 17, 2001
    Michael York must have lost a bet to appear in such a rag like this. The guy playing the televangelist looked like Rob Lowe's twin kid brother and was as light as a lightweight can get. Don't fall for the video jacket of this dog as it is nothing like the description portrays it.
  4. DirkS.
    Jul 28, 2002
    Acting so bad it made me want to kick the lead man's ass.
  5. TylerS.
    Aug 15, 2002
    Come on people! This movie simply isn't that bad! Personally I found it rather entertaining. As a film school student at a major conservatory I certainly know whereof I speak. These ratings seem suspiciously 'anti-religion' to me. They are in fact low enough to add a substantial measure of legitimacy to those who feel 'the establishment' merely mails in negative Come on people! This movie simply isn't that bad! Personally I found it rather entertaining. As a film school student at a major conservatory I certainly know whereof I speak. These ratings seem suspiciously 'anti-religion' to me. They are in fact low enough to add a substantial measure of legitimacy to those who feel 'the establishment' merely mails in negative opinions about anything that comes from the so-called 'religious right.' There's a little something called 'objectivity' that is sorely missing from the sub 'five' scores/ratings (and/or 'translations' of such). "The Omega Code" is far from being a 'bad' movie. And it is absolutely nowhere near being one of the worst films ever made. With such condescending assessments the credibility of these 'reviewers' takes a serious nose-dive as far as I'm concerned. Expand
  6. Eric
    Aug 4, 2002
    This movie is an exceptional piece of Macintosh classic visual deftness. Its ending has everything thing you could want in a a happy ending, nothing like a god like nuclear good will bomb that just knocks out all the evil guys. But what puts it over the top is that the omega code is just the script, and it seems the actors just read whatever the computer prints and act that out. It's This movie is an exceptional piece of Macintosh classic visual deftness. Its ending has everything thing you could want in a a happy ending, nothing like a god like nuclear good will bomb that just knocks out all the evil guys. But what puts it over the top is that the omega code is just the script, and it seems the actors just read whatever the computer prints and act that out. It's the new age of acting i tell ya. Expand
  7. AaronB.
    Jan 25, 2004
    I'm religious and I can identify with the theme as anyone else, but every end-times movie I've ever seen is really bad, and this is the worst of them. This is one of my top 5 worst movies I've ever seen, including home movies.
  8. JimJ.
    May 22, 2006
    Why would anyone go to see a movie that claims to be accurate when the author didn't even get basic details correct (e.g., Scrolls found in 1947 not 1950s). 60 Minutes also showed that it was all a hoax from the start. It may be a sell out, but only in the sense that Judas sold out and Pilate gave into what the crowd wanted. It's all about the money and bending into pressure.
  9. RickC.
    Feb 12, 2008
    The best Casper Van Dien Christian end times movie ever made! This is some high quality stuff people. Look at the cast, Erick Avari, Casper Van Dien, Michael York, and eternal badass Michael Ironside. Heavy duty Hollywood actors in an admittedly low budget flick, but one full of wholesome Christian action, lots of slayings, and thankfully a lack of blood & gore. York puts in the best The best Casper Van Dien Christian end times movie ever made! This is some high quality stuff people. Look at the cast, Erick Avari, Casper Van Dien, Michael York, and eternal badass Michael Ironside. Heavy duty Hollywood actors in an admittedly low budget flick, but one full of wholesome Christian action, lots of slayings, and thankfully a lack of blood & gore. York puts in the best cinematic performance since "Austin Powers" and his memorable cameo as the assault gunner for Earthforce from Babylon-5. His acting grandeur is almost arthurian in execution, and he is believable as the vessel for the antichrist. Ironside continues to impress as the unrelenting hit man/bodyguard/get stuff done guy working for York. Casper really cuts his acting teeth here with a brilliant performance that makes his wonderful role in "Starship Troopers" pale by comparison. This kid is going places, just you watch. He is oscar-bound. Rent this DVD and get some popcorn and the family, morality tales don't get any better than this! I wonder if you can get it on Blu-Ray? Expand
  10. ColeL.
    Nov 17, 2001
    This movie should have been never created. What a bad script. Who made this piece of Crap?
  11. Nov 27, 2014
    A 3/10. This movie is pretty bad! Its stupid from start to finish. How is this even a christian movie? Answer: Its NOT! Its horrifically inaccurate! It's missing a lot of things from the lovely end of times events in the book of revelation. If this movie was trying to send a spiritual message or perhaps telling us this is how the end of times will happen....its FAILS COMPLETELY!! Its alsoA 3/10. This movie is pretty bad! Its stupid from start to finish. How is this even a christian movie? Answer: Its NOT! Its horrifically inaccurate! It's missing a lot of things from the lovely end of times events in the book of revelation. If this movie was trying to send a spiritual message or perhaps telling us this is how the end of times will happen....its FAILS COMPLETELY!! Its also lame on entertainment, there was hardly any of that. Special effects are kind of weak......there are a lot of other things I would like to point out but that would make this too long. So I'm not being too specific but I do have my full review written on official paper.

Stone Alexander however gave a great performance.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 9 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    This wretched jumbo helping of Christian Fundamentalist agitprop takes itself entirely too seriously to be anything but ploddingly dull.
    Bad photography, bad acting and bad dialogue.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    By turns laughably simplistic and confoundingly muddled as it charts the "final battle" between good and evil.