7.3

1. JosephS.
    Jan 16, 2008
    Jet li has really rocked in this movie,This is all time movie, action packed,sequence revealed and most importantly the sfx used in this movie were certainly great.
  2. AkeemG.
    Oct 25, 2007
    The one is definitely one of the best movies that Jet Li has ever acted in.For starters I would like to say that this movie has nothing to do with the Matrix in fact The One is whole lot more better than any movie in the matrix series.My most favorite parts of the movie are the introduction and the ending because they had the most wicked fight scenes that I have ever seen in my life.I The one is definitely one of the best movies that Jet Li has ever acted in.For starters I would like to say that this movie has nothing to do with the Matrix in fact The One is whole lot more better than any movie in the matrix series.My most favorite parts of the movie are the introduction and the ending because they had the most wicked fight scenes that I have ever seen in my life.I loved seeing the Cops getting their A$#ES kicked around in the beginning and then seeing prisoners get their tails kicked in the end.I am EXTREMELY glad that the creators didn't get the rock to star in this movie because The Rock's street fighting style isn't anywhere as cool as Jet Li's martial arts and he can't act as good as Jet either. I also annoyed the music that played for each fight scene because it really helped to bring the movie to life.The sound effects were also very nice, especially the lightning sounds that you hear in the final chapter in the movie when yu law got sent to the stygian penal colony.The last but not least thing about this movie was the purple lighting and other things that the creators used used in the introduction to separate the differences between the parallel universes.The concept of parallel universes has made a very interesting story and script. By the way the review that Taylor B. wrote me laugh a little.I'm just happy to see that there are other people that enjoyed the movie as much as i did, because most critics are A#$ES who wouldn't know a good movie or video game when they see one. I still watch this movie a couple times a week from time to time. Expand
  3. JoshB.
    Dec 16, 2007
    this is a great movie filled with hard hitting action the whole tine it will keep you thinking what will happen next
  4. JakeM.
    Jul 2, 2002
    This movie was just made to showcase what hollywood can really make and what they can really do. But the thing is, they didn't care about making money by providing a descent plot. They just wanted to make the most visually exciting movie ever, and sadly it failed because all that is cool during the movie is sumed up in the commercials. I think this movie would be good as a background This movie was just made to showcase what hollywood can really make and what they can really do. But the thing is, they didn't care about making money by providing a descent plot. They just wanted to make the most visually exciting movie ever, and sadly it failed because all that is cool during the movie is sumed up in the commercials. I think this movie would be good as a background movie to a party at your house, you know sorta like elevator music. Expand
    Jul 5, 2002
    This movie was absolutely incredible. Not only was the action great and frequent, it still left room for a deep sci-fi plot. Don't listen to the crappy crittics, if you haven't already seen The One, rent it today. I would easily recommend it more than any other recent movie.
  6. ErikH.
    Nov 11, 2001
    Matrix RIPOFF!!! I'm a big fan of karate movies but this one is a stinker.
  7. Finfrosk
    Jan 3, 2004
    Jet Li is the king. Some of the fights will make you jump up and down, clapping you hands and laughing!
  8. Robert
    May 23, 2004
    Please, this movie was horrendous. The plot was lame, and the filmmakers didn't even follow the rules of their own universe (or multiverse, or whatever...) You're telling me that one guy can punch through metal walls, while another who is supposed to be the same strength can't break handcuffs? Sorry, I just don't get it. That may sound like a nitpick, but the movie was Please, this movie was horrendous. The plot was lame, and the filmmakers didn't even follow the rules of their own universe (or multiverse, or whatever...) You're telling me that one guy can punch through metal walls, while another who is supposed to be the same strength can't break handcuffs? Sorry, I just don't get it. That may sound like a nitpick, but the movie was full of things like this. Anyway, that I can forgive, but the entire film felt like a big long introduction. Lots of action, but no time to actually slow down and develop a plot. Watching Jet Li fight himself (let me rip my shirt so that you can tell me and the other me apart) gets old after a while. Expand
  9. NT
    Nov 3, 2001
    This was awesome.
  10. JohnD.
    Jul 14, 2002
    I wonder how many people who gave this movie a "2" have ever done anything but sit on the couch and hit the "play" button. Make a movie and let me come and rate it.
  11. TrixieJ.
    Jul 4, 2002
    Jet Li's martial arts are okay in this movie. If they're going to make another movie it better be The One2!
  12. AndyD.
    Aug 27, 2002
    This is Jet's best movie yet. No way is it a rip-off of other action movies the martial arts basis is different from any other movie and the sci-fi storyline fits in perfect with the end fight scene music. Basically this film just rules!
  13. BenM.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Crap.
  14. RainerW.
    Sep 19, 2002
    One of the best movies I have seen.
  15. ErnestR.
    Sep 26, 2003
    I'm still absolutely stunned by the stupidity of this horrible, horrible movie. Just how bad can a movie get? Watch this one and you'll know quickly.
  16. TomM
    Sep 27, 2005
    Practically unwatchable. Not even worth wasting any more time relating how bad it is. As action film go, this one is a yawner.
  17. WarrenE
    Jan 5, 2007
    Sheesh, where to start. Dude this movie rocked, It had action it had story and it had music, the martial arts was good, but I guess typical humans what they don't know they hate, he used like 3 forms of martial arts and the scenes were good, the graphics were good, and WHERE IN THE MATRIX DID YOU SEE BODIES GO SLOW MOTION, it was awesome they way the moved super slow and he Jet Li d Sheesh, where to start. Dude this movie rocked, It had action it had story and it had music, the martial arts was good, but I guess typical humans what they don't know they hate, he used like 3 forms of martial arts and the scenes were good, the graphics were good, and WHERE IN THE MATRIX DID YOU SEE BODIES GO SLOW MOTION, it was awesome they way the moved super slow and he Jet Li d their ass. Expand
  18. Osprey~BMF
    Nov 19, 2001
    This was the second best movie of the year following "Jeepers Creepers." Plot was good and the sound track rules. See this flick.
  19. JetL.
    Nov 5, 2001
    This movie is not really any good. Wait for it to come out on video, and rent it if you MUST see it.
  20. Spags
    Aug 16, 2002
    This movie is awsome. I don't care what the critics say, i love action films and Jet Li's ability to kick ass. This film is NOT a matrix rip-off as many people believe. Wake up, this is a way to have unbelievable fight scenes, that rock, and who cares about the story line. You watch it for the fighting nothing else.
  21. Mark
    Nov 5, 2003
    A little short. Could have used longer martial arts scenes. The music made the movie.
  22. TaylorB.
    Dec 23, 2004
    By far The One is one of the best movies ive seen its awsome. The music rules.The fighting kicks ass.Everything about it kicks ass. I dont know what the critics are talking about,their idiots for not liking The One. Who cares if the storyline isnt the best at least its not the worst.
  23. Alexander
    Aug 12, 2004
    Well, i really like the movie, but it does have some mistakes ... Jet Li should get almost all of the credits 4 this movie ... I know how hard it is to have 2 rolls in a movie ... U gotta have 2 personalities if u want a movie to be good, that's why i say that Jet Li should get a lot of credits 4 this movie ... Try n understand, what he had to do wasn't easy and any good martial Well, i really like the movie, but it does have some mistakes ... Jet Li should get almost all of the credits 4 this movie ... I know how hard it is to have 2 rolls in a movie ... U gotta have 2 personalities if u want a movie to be good, that's why i say that Jet Li should get a lot of credits 4 this movie ... Try n understand, what he had to do wasn't easy and any good martial artist can tell u the same ... yeah, i know that there was a lot of special effects, but without a good actor all of those special efects don't mean sh.t. So, all the best to u guys, ohhh, n Jet Li ... I congratulate u on a job well done ! Expand
  24. FrederickS.
    Dec 17, 2005
    Not a great martial arts movie but an interesting concept.
  25. RyanM.
    Nov 11, 2001
    Not much plot...good idea (the Multiverse, wormhole idea) but it seems with such a large "playground" the movie could've been more entertaining.
  26. Dec 30, 2012
    As bad as critics say? Absolutely not but it's still not that good. CGI looked too fake, Action is alright but not all that good either, Acting is weak as well. It is interesting though, I give it that. I am quick to stop watching a movie if it sucks so The One can't be able that bad if I managed to sit through it.
  27. Mar 15, 2013
    The action scenes were awesome and the concept was very original. It's just that at times it was so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The One is One major letdown after another when it comes to character development and entertaining it's audience constantly. It could have been amazing.

1. An almost comically unsuitable title. There's absolutely nothing singular or special about this slapdash sci-fi film featuring martial-arts megastar Jet Li.
  2. There's nothing like a feature-length video game to make you feel you're being played.
  3. It's more thrill ride than movie and Wong plays it that way: no sentiment, no complications and no pesky story to get in the way of an arsenal of flashy special effects.