7.3

1. ErikH.
    Nov 11, 2001
    Matrix RIPOFF!!! I'm a big fan of karate movies but this one is a stinker.
  2. Robert
    May 23, 2004
    Please, this movie was horrendous. The plot was lame, and the filmmakers didn't even follow the rules of their own universe (or multiverse, or whatever...) You're telling me that one guy can punch through metal walls, while another who is supposed to be the same strength can't break handcuffs? Sorry, I just don't get it. That may sound like a nitpick, but the movie was Please, this movie was horrendous. The plot was lame, and the filmmakers didn't even follow the rules of their own universe (or multiverse, or whatever...) You're telling me that one guy can punch through metal walls, while another who is supposed to be the same strength can't break handcuffs? Sorry, I just don't get it. That may sound like a nitpick, but the movie was full of things like this. Anyway, that I can forgive, but the entire film felt like a big long introduction. Lots of action, but no time to actually slow down and develop a plot. Watching Jet Li fight himself (let me rip my shirt so that you can tell me and the other me apart) gets old after a while. Expand
  3. BenM.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Crap.
  4. ErnestR.
    Sep 26, 2003
    I'm still absolutely stunned by the stupidity of this horrible, horrible movie. Just how bad can a movie get? Watch this one and you'll know quickly.
  5. TomM
    Sep 27, 2005
    Practically unwatchable. Not even worth wasting any more time relating how bad it is. As action film go, this one is a yawner.
  6. JetL.
    Nov 5, 2001
    This movie is not really any good. Wait for it to come out on video, and rent it if you MUST see it.
  7. RyanM.
    Nov 11, 2001
    Not much plot...good idea (the Multiverse, wormhole idea) but it seems with such a large "playground" the movie could've been more entertaining.
  8. Mar 15, 2013
    The action scenes were awesome and the concept was very original. It's just that at times it was so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The One is One major letdown after another when it comes to character development and entertaining it's audience constantly. It could have been amazing.

1. An almost comically unsuitable title. There's absolutely nothing singular or special about this slapdash sci-fi film featuring martial-arts megastar Jet Li.
  2. There's nothing like a feature-length video game to make you feel you're being played.
  3. It's more thrill ride than movie and Wong plays it that way: no sentiment, no complications and no pesky story to get in the way of an arsenal of flashy special effects.