The One

7.2

1. JakeM.
    Jul 2, 2002
    This movie was just made to showcase what hollywood can really make and what they can really do. But the thing is, they didn't care about making money by providing a descent plot. They just wanted to make the most visually exciting movie ever, and sadly it failed because all that is cool during the movie is sumed up in the commercials. I think this movie would be good as a background This movie was just made to showcase what hollywood can really make and what they can really do. But the thing is, they didn't care about making money by providing a descent plot. They just wanted to make the most visually exciting movie ever, and sadly it failed because all that is cool during the movie is sumed up in the commercials. I think this movie would be good as a background movie to a party at your house, you know sorta like elevator music. Expand
  2. JohnD.
    Jul 14, 2002
    I wonder how many people who gave this movie a "2" have ever done anything but sit on the couch and hit the "play" button. Make a movie and let me come and rate it.
  3. FrederickS.
    Dec 17, 2005
    Not a great martial arts movie but an interesting concept.
  4. Dec 30, 2012
    As bad as critics say? Absolutely not but it's still not that good. CGI looked too fake, Action is alright but not all that good either, Acting is weak as well. It is interesting though, I give it that. I am quick to stop watching a movie if it sucks so The One can't be able that bad if I managed to sit through it.

1. An almost comically unsuitable title. There's absolutely nothing singular or special about this slapdash sci-fi film featuring martial-arts megastar Jet Li.
  2. There's nothing like a feature-length video game to make you feel you're being played.
  3. It's more thrill ride than movie and Wong plays it that way: no sentiment, no complications and no pesky story to get in the way of an arsenal of flashy special effects.