8.0

1. Jan 20, 2014
    Do not trust any of positive reviews below, which have clearly been posted on the same date by people that have not done anything else and clearly have the same kind of enthusiasm. These are the same bots created to raise the score on Flixster and the IMDb, which are currently at very positive scores, more positive than they should be. It's not my opinion that matters here, my opinion being that it's an aimless piece of drivel, but it damages the reputation of everything resembling the IMDb.

This has been going on since June 2013. It has been speculated to be either trolling or false advertising to try and convince people that one of the biggest box office flops of all time is reasonable entertainment. Currently its IMDb score is equivalent to numerous additions to the Top 250. Ridiculous as the whole concept sounds, it is serious and needs to have some kind of action taken before it reaches 25,000 votes.
  2. Aug 23, 2013
    Mix of a Broadway musical, the Teletubbies and a WII dancing game which combine to create a film little children will want to see again and again. Great for play dates. DVD inexpensive treat for little children.
  3. Aug 23, 2013
    This film is the story of Lovelyloveville, the beautiful, charming and intriguing home of the Oogieloves. Like the Oogieloves themselves, Lovelyloveville is original, bright and intriguing, as well as a character in its own right. It is home to the Sombrero duo, a grouchy goldfish, a magical mirror and a retro diner, all of which your children will get to interact with.
  4. Aug 23, 2013
    Your children will also like the film’s interactivity, which calls for the audience to dance and sing along. Even if your kids don’t get out of their seats, they will still enjoy the idea of something different.
  5. Aug 23, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a classic children’s film in the making. In it, the Oogieloves (Goobie, Zoozie, and Toofie) retrieve magical balloons that J. Edgar, their friend, mistakenly lost. Instead of getting mad at him, they go about Lovelyloveville to find them and meet some cool folks along the way and have the adventure of a lifetime. Your children will have a great time too, accompanying them on all the ups and downs and surprising twists of their journey. This is a sweet film for 2-5 year olds, just bright and flashy enough, with original characters that come baring the perfect balance of personality and pizzazz to bring a smile to your little one’s faces. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is one of the most controversial children’s films that has come out in the last few years. Whatever other people may say, for me and my family, Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a simple film, short and sweet and perfect for young kids, think pre-school or kindergarten.

My kids and their friends seem to enjoy it thoroughly, and beg to
    watch it when they are on a play date. The film on DVD is also very reasonably priced, so it is a great bargain and a special treat to get your children. Expand
  7. Aug 23, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a mix of a Broadway musical, the teletubies and a WII dancing game, combining the cheerful songs of a musical, the aesthetic of the Teletubbies (albeit brighter) and the interactive qualities of WII.Oogieloves combines all these elements to make a happy children’s film that your kids will want to see again and again.
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    What makes Oogieloves so special is that it is interactive—the audience has to participate in the film, instead of just hiding between a big bucket of popcorn. It also has a great cast, including Grammy-winner Toni Braxton and the wonderful Christopher Lloyd.

Oogieloves was one of the most talked about films this past summer, so if the plot, characters, cast and catchy songs aren’t
    enough to make you want to see this film immediately, perhaps seeing it to understand all the hype will inspire you! Expand
  9. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a one-of-a-kind film about three oogieloves who dance and sing their way around Lovelyloveville, their home village. The Oogieloves include Toofie, who seems to have a Mohawk which in the logic of kids films makes him the “bad boy” and maybe even the heart throb! Zoozie is a redhead who can speak to all different things in the Loveloveville kingdom since she is fluent in so many languages. And Goobie is a science genius in the making, who, with his big, round spectacles will make glasses-wearing kids feel ok. Expand
  10. Aug 22, 2013
    My kids had a great time seeing this in theaters and dancing along. Little kids are definitely the film’s target audience because they dance so freely, without worrying that they look silly or strange, unlike adults. Because of this, watching the movie at home, it is even better because I can join them and dance as crazily as I want, without worrying about looking weird!
  11. Aug 22, 2013
    My children (all under the age of 6) had a great time dancing along to this movie. They are normally not “indoors” children—they love being outside and running around, and even in preschool they love prefer outdoor play and shun the reading corner. Not surprisingly, an interactive film like this which tells them to get out of their seats was a big hit with them. They loved moving around and I loved that the film was a healthy way for them to get all of their energy out! Expand
  12. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogielovesin the Big Balloon Adventure is about three Oogieloves (Goobie, Zoozie, and Toofie) who are organizing a surprise birthday party of their friend. Of course, as can be expected in a children’s movie, nothing goes to plan and soon the Oogieloves are searching for magical balloons for the party which had been lost.
  13. Aug 22, 2013
    This film is different, and perhaps isn’t for everyone. And that is OK. Great to be able to sing and dance along in a movie theater without being thrown out.This film appeals to young kids: it is short, but they can participate and move along. It is also good because it displays the songs’ lyrics, so even though its not a book, your kids will still be exposed to letters and words.
  14. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a story about good intentions gone (ever so slightly) wrong, and the power of friendship and teamwork. Magic of Lovelyloveville. Plot summary. Great moral.
  15. Aug 22, 2013
    Plot summary. All in all, Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film, with great heart and great rhythm. It is a great film to see with your family when you crave nothing less than a great adventure movie.
  16. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a must-see movie. I have taken my children to basically every children’s film, and I can tell you that Oogieloves is special. The film’s plot is simple: when magical balloons—the last 5 in Lovelyloveville, the Oogieloves’ very special hometown—are lost by the Oogieloves’ caretaker/ friend, the Oogieloves themselves—Zoozie, Toofie and Goobie—go on a quest to find the balloons and meet some cool characters like Lola Sombrero, Marvin Milkshake and Rosalie Rosebud (none other than Grammy Award winner Toni Braxton). The songs and dances are also simple but cheerful, as are the sets. The film’s magic somehow lies in all of these elements coming together, plus the fact that the audience can/should/ is expected to interact to make a special film with massive appeal and tons of originality. Expand
  17. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure came out last year to poor reviews, so I never took my kids to see it, even though they wanted to and had heard it was good from their friends. I just couldn’t stand the thought of another bad movie, especially since it costs so much nowadays to see a movie in theaters.

When the DVD finally came out, I bought it. I wasn’t sure if my kids would
    still even remember but they all started cheering when I showed it to them. We decided to watch it on Saturday night as a special treat. I still didn’t know what to expect, I had just heard that it was a sing-a-long type of experience. I wasn’t even sure what that meant till we watched the movie.

Oogieloves was a lot of fun. My kids and I enjoyed it, and it had very clear, easy to follow instructions for the dances and songs. We were dancing and singing along in no time! Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a cute story, even the dancing and singing aside. I would suggest seeing it as soon as you can. Your kids will love you for it!
  18. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventures is a decent children’s film with something for everyone. I would recommend it to parents with children in different age groups or grades (which is most of us).

Adults (i.e. parents) will appreciate the great cast, which features Toni Praxton, Christopher Lloyd and the beautiful Jaime Pressly. Very young children will like the brightly colored
    sets. Children a little bit older will like the characters themselves (each one has a distinct personality) as well as the music. For kids up to 7 or 8, the fact that the film actually lets them participate-i.e.sing and dance and move along with the characters, will be something fun and they will like having the new experience. For these reasons, I think that Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a film that the whole family can enjoy (provided all of your kids are less than 10 years old—after that, I find that kids think they are too “adult” to see the same “kids” movies that their parents adore). Expand
  19. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a sing-a-long, move-a-long children’s film, with “echoes” of the teletubies and Dora the Explorer. In certain ways, the Oggieloves also reminded me of movies and television shows from my childhood since each character seemed to be well thoughtout. Today, in movies for adults and kids alike, I can’t help but feel like everything is special effects driven. Plot and characters often go out the window, especially in Hollywood blockbusters.

However, Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure has characters who really seem to have a backstory. For example, J Edgar, the admittedly slightly incompetent vacuum cleaner nanny, who maybe has issues of his own that we don’t see, is in love with the brilliant Windy, a magical mirror and my daughter’s favorite character.

Oogieloves is a charming film to watch with your kids. It has great tunes, colorful costumes and some great dance moves. See this film and have a rocking good time! Have your children check it out—you won’t be disappointed!
  20. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film to watch with your family. In it, the 3 main characters, Goobie, Zoozie and Toofie (the Oogieloves) go on an adventure to recover 5 missing balloons which their clumsy (and in my opinion, frustrating but well-intention friend/ caretaker) J Edgar lost in the film’s beginning. One of my favorite characters is Windy, the magical mirror (and J. Edgar’s love interest) who can show the Oogieloves whatever they want, including the balloons being lost. We also meet Ruffy, the charmingly grumpy goldfish.

Like I mentioned, the film is a nice family film. I suggest putting it on those night your children seem to have just a little too much energy to go to bed, those nights (you know what I am talking about) when they are very jumpy and energetic. Perhaps they napped too long during the day, perhaps they someone had too much sugar… look no further: Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a great way for them to get their energy out in a healthy way. Get your hands on Oogieloves!
  21. Aug 22, 2013
    My child saw this Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure at a friend’s house and loved it. He came home singing the songs, and I soon went out and bought it for him to. He loves watching it with friends. One suggestion: my son is the only young child in the family, so I would suggest it for families with more than one little one just because the film is interactive/ social, so it is much more fun to do with others. Expand
  22. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film to take young kids to see. A cute mix of the teletubies, Dora the Explorer and karaoke… My family would see it again today!
    My kids laughed in this film, and sang with the songs (which they do anyway with most films, but at least with this one, they were supposed to!) and moved around to the music and cheered for the Ooogieloves.
    Great to see a movie where kids can be kids and make some noise!!! Expand
  23. Aug 22, 2013
    My kids and I kind of randomly happened upon Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure in the store. My oldest (aged 6) liked the bring packaging—she loves colors and saw that one of the characters had glasses, like her. We bought the film and took it home and watched it that evening. My two kids really enjoyed Lovelyloveville and getting a chance to explore a new place and learn new songs. In that way, it really was an adventure!

Another thing I liked about the film was that this really was a children’s film. I didn’t feel like there were any subtle inappropriate undertones designed to appeal to an adult audience. This was pure children’s entertainment, although its great cast (Toni Braxton, Jaime Pressly, Christopher Lloyd) are a wink to the parents in the room. That said, these stars are great in the film, and my kids especially liked Lero Sombrero, played by Lloyd, even though they obviously had no idea who he was.
  24. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure has something for everyone—music, dancing, great costumes and funky sets.Unlike most of these reviews, I actually didn’t love the songs in the movie, although Rosie Rosebud, played by Grammy winner Toni Braxton, sure has some pipes on her. I should mention that my kids liked the songs. But for me, I stayed to watch because of the clever characters—a fashion forward mirror, a paternal vacuum cleaner, the awesome staff at the cow diner. I would recommend this to a family with young kids looking for a nice film to watch together. Expand
  25. Aug 22, 2013
    I saw Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure last year with my children. They immediately fell in love with it and couldn’t stop dancing the dances or singing the songs or staying how they wanted to see it again!!! We almost did go back even, that is how much we loved it, but in this economy we decided to wait till it came out on DVD to save some money.

We are now in proud ownership of
    the movie and I would say that my kids watch the film somewhere between once and three times a week. Children in general can watch the same movie or read the same book over and over again—its not about finding out what happens necessarily, but experiencing their favorite parts. This movie also gets better each time you see it because you already know the dance moves and it is like singing along with your favorite song—one you know the lyrics (or at least the chorus) you can really let loose. Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is the type of film I wish they had had out when I was a little kid. At least I get to live it vicariously as a mom! Expand
  26. Aug 22, 2013
    Check out Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure this summer! A quirky, interactive film that lets you sing along. The songs are so catchy you won’t be able to stop yourself, and the story is about friends helping friends, which is always a good moral to pass on to your family.
  27. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film to watch with your family if you have young kids. It might not have the all-ages appeal of other children’s movies, but your children will love it and it is always good to try something new, especially when the film comes out on DVD for a fraction of the cost of seeing it in theaters!
  28. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice flick to watch on a rainy or super hot day. Pop the dvd in the player, tell your kids you have a surprise for them, tell them you have a surprise or a special movie to show them, and then let the games begin! Even in the generation of Dora the Explorer, WII and touch screens, I can bet your kids will have never seen something like this before! Sit back and see how they react.

My youngest child didn’t initially understand that he was supposed to dance and sing along, so it was cute to watch his big sister explain to him “the rules” of the game, if you will. It made me happy to see them playing together so nicely, especially after a day of being cooped up in doors which normally makes any kid a little cranky!

I suggest Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure for families with children of different age groups, who want an interactive film experience instead of the same old film you have seen (and paid for) dozens of times.
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    Booging with the Oogieloves is a great way to spend the summer. Last year, I took my three children to see it in theaters and we had a great time to see it. When the movie came out on DVD, my kids begged and begged for me to buy it, which I didn’t at the time (I hate begging). Anyway, after months and months, I decided to buy it as a surprise present for them and they were ecstatic! Everyone is a year older, but they still all dig the movie. The songs are great for any age group too! Expand
  30. Aug 22, 2013
    Who is the singer? Her voice is greMy daughter raves about this film! She is just five, but somehow her love of this film has spread throughout her kindergarden class. Her friends come over and they just want to watch this film! I happily oblige and put it on—great family entertainment, a lot better than a lot of the other drudge that is on tv.at!

1. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Sep 1, 2012
    If the target audience for this film were any younger, they'd be embryos.
    The song and dance interaction of kids hollering advice during Blue's Clues happens here on the big screen, which is meant to transform the movie into a social event of sorts.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Biancolli
    Aug 30, 2012
    The whole thing runs about an hour too long: It should have been a TV show. The adventure's too big for the kids who would love it the most.