Picturehouse Entertainment | Release Date: December 28, 2007
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 160 Ratings
Watch Now
TravisCJan 9, 2008
The movie was okay, but not that frightening nor original. Relied too heavily on schlocky music to induce a sense of fear. Worth seeing, but hardly award-worthy.
NW.May 17, 2008
I was honestly a bit disappointed with this... I think I went in with high expectations, and more of a Guillermo Del Toro touch. Definitely had the atmosphere, but I was hoping for more frights.
KatieM.Dec 30, 2007
The movie was enjoyable, but did not contribute anything new to the genre. The plot, resolution, and underlying themes--corruption or perversion of childhood, redemption of mother's love--reminded me of recent American J-Horror The movie was enjoyable, but did not contribute anything new to the genre. The plot, resolution, and underlying themes--corruption or perversion of childhood, redemption of mother's love--reminded me of recent American J-Horror adaptations such as The Ring and Dark Water. Also, a lot of the "scares" were more unintentionally comedic than actually scary. Overall a "good" film, but don't leave to go to the restroom--you may miss one of the two critical explanatory scenes (without them, the story really doesn't make sense). Expand