4.9

1. May 1, 2014
    Imagine if the gender roles were reversed. This movie would cause an uproar. Not to mention the movie is cliche, completely done before and overall just boring.
  2. Apr 25, 2014
    Cameron Diaz (doing her usual shtick) discovers that her lover (handsome Nikolaj Coster Waldau from "Game of Thrones") actually has a wife (Leslie Mann manically trying to be kooky). The 2 women team up with his new GF (Kate Upton, obviously cast for her boobs) to plot revenge. This is a promising concept, but the script is too talky and almost completely void of funny lines. To make matters worse, the comic situations and physical gags land with a thud. Nicki Minaj's supporting role provides the few laughs. The only positive thing to say about this film is that there is plenty of energy. Expand
  3. Apr 25, 2014
    Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Dianne Keaton in “The First Wife’s Club” and Jane Fonda, Lilly Tomlin and Dolly Parton in “9 To 5” all did it better and with less vulgarities.

“The Other Woman” once again show that women can be as base, vulgar, rude and crude as men can be in films. This kind of film always make me think of teenage boys giggling at vomit, dogs poop, men having diarrhea or
    walking through glass walls and it all happens here.

Carly (Cameron Diaz), supposedly a very smart upscale lawyer , is having an affair with Mark (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) who after two months, trying to surprise him, finds out that he is married to Kate (Leslie Mann), a real ditsy character who turns out to be the smartest of all though that isn’t believable! Kate reaches out to Carly and bogs the movie down with childish antics until they find out that Mark is cheating on both of them with Amber (Kate Upton) a young, blond, big boob gal who finds out that Mark is cheating on her and the three decide to ‘get’ Mark. It is then that the real vulgarity of the screenplay, by Melissa K. Stack, kicks in and all the slapstick ‘comedy’ comes to a head.

In a film where the only character, Phil (Taylor Kinney), Kate’s good looking single brother, who doesn’t curse, doesn’t anything vulgar and is talented is also the only person in the film not into games. Don Johnson is unrecognizable as Carly’s 5 times married father. Nick Cassavetes direction is all over the map, uneven and what looks like no stated purpose.

I am still trying to understand how Cameron Diaz became one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood.

In all fairness I will say many in the audience were laughing quite often.
  4. May 8, 2014
    The Other Woman is desperately being funny. However, it is a more of disappointing movie than a successful one, comedy wise. It features a talented cast, Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann and new faces such as Kate Upton and Nikki Minaj. Also, if the movie is not entirely funny it had some giggles here and there, it is entertaining and fun to watch but it doesn't enlighten women as strong and determined but strongly in need of men. The Other Woman isn't fully recommended and it is more of a waste to pay full price on it in theaters, but to get through time it might please you. Expand
  5. Apr 27, 2014
    Great, fun film (even if the plot has been done different ways numerous times already). Surprisingly Nicki Minaj's small role as Diaz's assistant is a scene stealer. I wish that she had played a bigger role.
  6. Apr 29, 2014
    The movie has heart, but it lacks great writing, solid directing, and an editor. Had it been 20 minutes shorter, the chemistry between Mann & Diaz would have shone much brighter. Upton almost has more lines in the trailer than she has in the entire film, but that's cool.
  7. CBZ
    May 3, 2014
    I went to watch this with my girlfriend. We were not expecting much but it turned out to be a good laugh.
    Nothing exceptional but if you feel like going to the movies and there is nothing else you feel like watching, this one does the trick. You laugh a bunch of times and by the time you get home you already forgot about the movie.
  8. Jul 13, 2014
    Everyone stop hating on Nicki Minaj! She's amazing and she did a awesome job with the role of Lydia here. (And yes, I'm a megafan of nicki, a barb/ken) The movie was very funny and had the audience rolling. Great flick for girlfriends to take their boyfriends to, now if only I had a girlfriend. Lol.
  9. Jul 20, 2014
    As much as the movie has been down before, there is a difference. The actors are devoted. The movie feels like a complete fantasy. The outfits, the houses, the restaurants, the vacation spots are hugely expensive and fun to look at.
  10. May 3, 2014
    Low brow cinema at its most commercial. This does benefit from a good performance from Cameron Diaz and a fair quota of funny moments. It is also unbearably crass at times and Leslie Mann's subtle as a sledge hammer turn as the cheated upon wife doesn't help matters. She is so over the top, and her character's actions so unbelievable that the tone of the film become unbalanced as a result. Kate Upton also contributes nothing.Well, almost nothing!. In fact Diaz quite correctly alludes to Upton's character as being a bit of a vacuous air head.
    By the time this unlikely trio reach the Bahamas the film is running out of steam and fun. The revenge acted upon the cheating husband actually makes for quite an ugly scene which is distastefully out of key with the rest of the movie. Also the film's decision to include end title cards to let us know what happened to the characters next is somewhat arrogant for a film of this calibre and type.
  11. Apr 26, 2014
    Sure, you'll have a giggle or two, but The Other Woman is a ridiculous movie that could have been good if it weren't for the bland story and laughably bad twists. The original Midler, Hawn and Keaton acting bunch has been replaced with Diaz, Upton, and Mann. The Other Woman is a bad movie, sure there are laughs here and there but the whole movie is slow, rubbish and filled with bad PG-13 humor. Don't watch this one in theatres. Expand
  12. Apr 30, 2014
    The Movie is a fun time, waste of time, if you can relate to what i just said. Watch it! If not i would honestly give the cinema version a miss. Some on the scenes where straight out pointless and whilst some other parts just felt like they added popular songs to pointless parts of the movie to make out you were having a fun time and honestly it was a fun time, full of lots of laughs. Leslie Mann completely stole the show! i mean her performance was untouchable! All in all if you're girlfriend wants you to go watch this, you will survive. Expand
  13. May 2, 2014
    Loved the movie. It's really hilarious as me and my girlfriend laugh most of the time. There's no dull moment and the actors really did a good job. We fell inlove with Kate Upton too. A feel good movie.
  14. Apr 28, 2014
    Was this the best movie in the world? No. Did I really enjoy it? Yes. My sisters wanted to see this movie and I had doubts about going because I had read the critic reviews. Went because I wanted to spend time with my with them and I was prepared for the worst, and was surprised at how funny it was. I really thought it was the perfect movie for a Sunday afternoon.
  15. May 3, 2014
    If you were waiting for a chance to laugh your heart out, all you need to do is buy a ticket to watch "The Other Woman". The director of "The Notebook" brings his charm to the romantic comedy film, written by Melissa Stack, who makes her debut in the cinematic world and comes up with great dialogues, funny jokes and some fair ideas about modern day dating policies.

The film goes over
    the subject of cheating with a fine-tooth comb, but nevertheless also covers trust issues, friendships, complicated relationships, heavy drinking, bad decisions, good decisions, revenge, Kate Upton’s flawlessness and last, but not least, waxing. And with all previously mentioned, it stays true to the goal of every comedy movie… to make you laugh.

Read the rest here: http://austriantimes.at/news/Panorama/2014-05-02/50847/As_seen_at_Haydn_Kino%3A_The_Other_Woman
  16. May 23, 2014
    I am not happy with this movie... I feel like time wasting.... It was too boring and will not satisfy the viewers expectations.

Definitely it's not a good movie for family (because i am a family man) and it's a commercial one
  17. Jul 9, 2014
    I have been dying to watch this movie ever since I heard about them filming it a year before it was even released. I mean Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton, and Nicki Minaj c'mon now. After I've actually seen the movie I wasn't as thrilled as I wanted to be but the movie was most definitely not a bad movie. There were certain moments that were just plain awkward and weird. But I was overall completely satisfied with the hilarious ending. The movie was good but it could've been better Expand
  18. Sep 16, 2014
    A lot of moments were cringe-worthy. Stale cliches throughout make the few funny moments not worth much. The casting had huge names in it, and I was wrong to expect more from it. The movie tries its best to be a feel-good romantic comedy where the good guys win and the bad guy sees his rightful demise to a smattering of applause. Of course, they all lived happily ever after. Unpolished, slapstick and bodily functions make it too mature for younger audiences, yet too stupid for adults. If you are looking for something to sit down to without a whole lot of thinking, give this a shot. Otherwise, this is not worth your time. Expand
  19. Sep 4, 2014
    I'm not afraid to admit the fun I had with these ladies. Even still, a typical romantic-ish-comedy. Oh, but, Kate Upton should never act again. That's one thing I know for sure.
  20. Aug 15, 2014
    Another obnoxious, dumb and ridiculous female garbage film. Not funny, not interesting, and uses every cliché in the book and top it off with one of the most irritating characters I've seen in awhile, Leslie Mann. The Other Women desperately tries to be funny, but fails miserably.
  21. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie is awful not funny trash. Cameron Diaz is the best thing about this train wreck. These women do some of the dumbest things. Just go re-watch Bridesmaids. D-
  22. May 25, 2014
    So basically this movie is just another John Tucker Must Die and if anyone remembers that horrible movie you already know what happens in this movie and so you should just stay away from it and save yourself the money and time. The only likable thing about this movie is the cast even though i will say i have never really been a fan of leslie Mann she has always seemed annoying to me. Nick Cassavetes has done quite a few chick flicks with The Notebook, My Sister's Keeper, Unhook the Stars those are at least watchable but not this crap. The movie would be tolerable at least if it was funny but its not i laughed a max of 3 times seriously.

Overall i give it a 4.0 Also can we please not let Nicki Minaj become an actress PLEASE!!!
  23. May 13, 2014
    A fun comedy but it suffers from an in cohesive and a very convenient story-line. But with good chemistry and a great leading man The Other Woman just gets a fresh score of 65100 for me!
  24. Aug 23, 2014
    Worst 2014 movie full of male hatred, male abuse, plot holes and stereotypes. Despite a great cast full of talented actors, this movie isn't even funny.
  25. Jul 19, 2014
    The Other Woman is bad movie there are so many clichés is made very poorly . I do not recommend anyone to see this movie.Leslie Mann seems to do the best.
  26. Sep 9, 2014
    best revenge movie ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  27. Sep 22, 2014
    Unfortunately, this is a pathetic excuse for an "original comedy". There are very few jokes. Relying on a well known cast to hold it up (the overly praised Cameron Diaz, the decently funny Leslie Mann, the gorgeous Kate Upton, popular singer/rapper Nicki Minaj, and GOT star Nikolaj Waldau), "The Other Woman" has about 10-15 minutes of halfway interesting content. The story takes TOO LONG to kick off and the revenge aspect of the show (while being "funny") gets lost in the shuffle.

And to be completely frank, if several women found out their lover/husband was cheating on them in real life, they would have clubbed each other to death instead of "teaming up" to get revenge.
  28. May 3, 2014
    Truly poor script with hardly any laughs.....More sad than anything and empty. The only thing visually interesting is seeing that Cameron Diaz's body is genetically superior to that of a 21 year old...... No reason that the mistress would even care and you do not sense a connection with any of the characters. Leslie Mann seems to do the best......
  29. May 21, 2014
    I thought Anchor Man Two was bad, but The Other Woman has it beat! There was no plot and we kept waiting for something to happen- nothing did. I really can't believe that anyone thought this movie was at all entertaining!
  30. Aug 1, 2014
    Just signed up to review this movie how terrible it was. Boring and not funny at all. The people who leave high reviews must be paid by movie producers spammers. This movie should be considered drama and not comedy.
  31. Aug 4, 2014
    A doomed premise from the beginning. All the characters don't feel the need to shut up and corner the man about all his wrong doings and get him the serious psychiatric help the man needs. Also, all the characters are unlikable. Nicki Minaj has some genuinely good moments, but she is not given the screen time the film actually needs to garner some laughs. Cameron Diaz deserves better than this. Leslie Mann deserves a Razzie after this horrible performance. Such a shame that it isn't even a disappointment. I give this film 10% of a good movie. Expand
  32. Aug 24, 2014
    I extremely loved this movie. I just saw it probably the 5th time right now. The acting is very well done, cool song choice, sights are beautiful and there are moments you will find quite deep, specially one that comes towards the end of the movie. It shows the importance of friends. Despite they should despise each other, they are working as one to take their cheater down, that is quite something. I love Cameron Diaz so much! She acts so naturally, unlike Minaj who despite having such a short role, overdid everything ( I know she aint no actress, doe). You will really like this movie. Of course there are haters for everything but personally, I really recommend you see it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Apr 28, 2014
    A few lowbrow laughs… but far too many one-note characters, performances, and plot points to make them worth showing up for.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Apr 27, 2014
    And yet, all three women are less watchable and amusing that Nicki Minaj as Carly’s legal assistant Lydia.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Apr 27, 2014
    A montage-happy, occasionally unpleasant film that’s still strangely watchable, The Other Woman is almost saved by a cast that’s … well, likable isn’t quite the word.