7.5

1. Nov 1, 2013
    Consensus: THE PACT is intense, very short, full of screams, great actors and characters, well made, and only in very few times is a bit boring just that. MY RATING: 81/100 (B+)
    Directed By: Nicholas McCarthy
    REVIEW:
    The Pact is a horror film directed by Nicholas McCarthy. Is a short film with a runtime only of 89 minutes, in which there is terror, some long periods of suspense, the
    film finally was released this October 25 in some theaters of Mexico, The film begins well with a lot of suspense. The plot of the movie is very original, the film surrounds you, causing you much horror and anxiety, has very good actors and it is here to highlight the participation of Hayley Hudson, her performance is very genuine and terrifying, but also Caitly Lotz isn't the one that stands out a lot in the film, despite being the protagonist. It has a very amazing plot, although missing and terrifying. It has some boring moments and the movie becomes a bit wierd, has low-budget special effects, but very well spent an end passable and intense, a bit of trouble with the picture or photography of the film, because the film wants to show you all, the film don't stop showing you large shadows, the movie wants to show you all of them and not get distracted with something else, rather than get fixated you absent mindedly, this movie in one or two moments on camera for you to see that shadow or figure happened. And sometimes the camera moves stupidly and makes the scene funnier than scary.
    As shown in the following trailer at the scene where Caitly Lotz (Blonde Girl) is attacked from behind, but hey these are minor details!
    The Pact is highly recommended, to see at the cinema or online, very scary movie with a very simple script and very well acted. NICE: Chilling screams all the way down, good performances, very well crafted, and an original storyline. FAIL: Something boring in very few parts, very simple script and a little cliché, bad photography. WATCH THIS MOVIE IF... You love horror movies, If you want a very good time at the movies or at home with friends, I'm pretty sure you will like this very good story. DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE IF... You have very high expectations and think that this film is the eighth wonder, because we are talking about a very simple film without much budget.

MY BLOG: MY BLOG: http://www.memobosque.blogspot.mx/ MY TWITTER: @MemoBosque
  2. Dec 26, 2012
    Scared me so much I had to stop watching and finish it in the morning. Granted, I was watching alone in the dark after midnight. But still, I'm a horror junkie in my 30s and haven't been scared like that in years! Good movie!
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    The Pact. This film scared me to the point that I had to stop watching it twice. Seriously, when the camera is directed towards a pitch dark room, you can feel evil lurking. The great lead actress was easy to identify with. The very naturalistic house -just an average old house- made the supernatural elements even more effective. Man, it was too scary, that is my only problem.
  4. Dec 1, 2012
    "The Pact" is a tautly engrossing thriller/horror flick, playing down the special effects you'll see in most of its peers and relying almost entirely on quiet suspense and scares most of the time. When Annie returns to her deceased mother's home, she soon finds herself trying to track down the secret behind a disturbing supernatural presence. The plot twists are a lot of fun, and the climax itself is superb. Overall a very watchable choice for the horror/suspense fan. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Jul 6, 2012
    Familiar elements such as a dark family secret, a ghost and a Ouija board start to seem trite after a while, and the third act is a little ridiculous, but debut writer-director Nicholas McCarthy does a lot with a little and seems fully prepared to handle a big-studio horror project.
  2. Reviewed by: Manohla Dargis
    Jul 5, 2012
    In the end, like a lot of genre movies, this one pulls from different inspirations, and so weighs in, by turns, as overly predictable and satisfyingly recognizable (part of genre cinema's one-two punch).
  3. Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    Jul 5, 2012
    For her part, Lotz carries the load with such briskly efficient confidence, it's no surprise to learn that she's already got several more movies on the way.