6.3

1. Apr 8, 2014
    Intense, Brutal and heart-piercing! Hats off to the painstaking work done by the cast and crew! Mel Gibson has pleasantly surprised me, and i truly respect him for this! ...all in all Great stuff!
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    It's a must see movie. The movie show us Jesus suffering for all of our sins, to save our lives and give us the Salvation. There are some shocking scenes, but many things that Christ suffered don't be on the movie. But in the end, we all know that Jesus Christ lives and has saved us unto the eternity.
  3. Mar 21, 2013
    This film depicts what Jesus went through to be the final sacrifice for mankind. Jesus was tortured and crucified so man could be forgiven of sin. Jesus died so man could once again have a personal relationship with God. John 3:16 says it all:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  4. Apr 5, 2012
    As some of the critics argue, this is not a movie that is meant to be a sermon, or to teach you something. It is not focused in Jesus's life, and I don't believe it attempts to be a religious film. It focuses in the last 12 hours of Jesus life as they could have been. Of course by those times many other people were brutally tortured and killed on this way but there is no much mentioned about them because they were just common people. Jesus was different, and either if you believe in what he praised or not , he was a historical figure that changed the life of many, and the spiritual face of the Western World. Back to the film, the acting was certainly good! The Art direction of this movie was amazing, yet the images were extremely violent, and I had difficulty watching them, but in spite of it, I did. An observation: a few comments below, the user called ANDY mentioned that Anthropologists believe that Jesus looked different and blah, blah. Well, ANDY, curiously, I happen to have a PhD in Anthropology and Sociology, and I also have some education in history and in my 20's I used to be a theatre performer,(now I am just my 30's, and not, I am not at all a nerd or a nerd looking, quite the opposite) so my answer to you Andy is: Don't talk what you don't really know! You are just repeating what the mass-media say! Research in journals and serious academic publications if you really aim to increase your knowledge on the matter. There are many different approaches about Jesus's life. It is also impossible to know how Jesus looked or not or how did he lead his private life! Therefore, we should stop referring to petty stuff as arguments against this film, for that is senseless criticism. If Jesus had long hair or not, if he was really the Son of God, or not, who cares...! This film is not a proselyist one! Finally, let's be fair, just because people do not like religion-and most of people here probably not- it doesn't mean the movie is bad or old fashion! I am not religious myself, but I can still see and appreciate this film for what it is. Guys, this may not be your cup of tea, but objetively, it is a magnificent work! Expand
  5. Oct 3, 2011
    47% really??? I guess if its not about 2 men kissing on a mountain, it's not worth watching. Bottom line is, this is a very good movie. Yes I liked the message too, but if you just look at it for the quality of the picture you still come away with a 10.
  6. Jul 29, 2011
    James Caviezel Was The Best Jesus EVER EVER.Music By John Debney Was Beyond Brilliant.Mel Gibson is A Filmmaker On Par With Scorcese Overall The Passion Of Christ Is Truly A Great Film .The Greatest

10/10.
  7. Jul 15, 2011
    Im sorry but 47/100 on Critic Reviews? C'mon people! This was, and still remains, as a classic film about the true nature of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. This film will not only bring you to tears, but put a smile on your face once you realize that one man put his own life on the line for us. Christian or non-Christian, you need to see this film. Now.

It's a strange kind of spiritual movie -- one that aims for the gut more often than the heart.
    A gripping, powerful motion picture -- arguably the most forceful depiction of Jesus' death ever to be committed to film. It leaves an indelible imprint on the psyche; viewers of this movie may never look at a crucifix in quite the same way.
  3. Expertly made, thanks largely to Jim Caviezel's fervent portrayal of Jesus and Caleb Deschanel's skillful camera work. But the film contains little to learn from, unless one is unfamiliar with basic Christian history.