4.7

1. JakeE.
    Nov 10, 2005
    Duff sucked, as she does in all of her movies. Locklear sucked, everyone sucked. This movie sucks!
  2. katieb
    Aug 2, 2005
    Hilary rocked in this movie... she is a good actress and this was a good movie.
  3. michaelh.
    Terrible!
  4. LaurenceHC
    Jun 16, 2005
    Perfectly dreadful and bland. Another generic product signed Hilary Duff.
  5. AlexaR.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Really bad and stupid. Once again, Hilary Duff can't act. I really don't know how she got into acting really.
  6. PrudenceKhillers
    Jun 21, 2005
    Locklear gives probably the best performance of all time. She was perfect! The film sucked.
  7. JohnB.
    Jun 14, 2005
    Best performance from Duff Yet. I am expecting more out of her in the future
  8. TomD.
    Jun 16, 2005
    Dumb as a bag of hammers and almost as much fun to stare at. I found my fingernails had grown three inches and my hair was longer when I finally stumbled out of the theatre after watching this, surely the longest feature film known to mankind.
  9. KerinB.
    Jun 17, 2005
    Ok.. Its not perfect... but it is fun and light and I really enjoyed it. So did every kid in the theater. I have seen some bad movies (Hello.. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy got a 63... it was horrible) Given the score from critics on The Perfect Man and other movies that are suitable for kids and teens, we need some critics that get what this generation wants. Its not a classic but it was fun.
  10. PatL.
    Jun 19, 2005
    Hello critics. Stop trying to judge this as a film adults would go to see. Rather, take it for what it is....a film where teenage girls can escape into fantasy. On that note, it rates a 7.
  11. T.Allen
    Jun 21, 2005
    Huh, well, I had to sit through this movie with my little sister and I did my best not to vomit in front of her. A task that not even Hercules could accomplish, right? But, I managed. And I emerged scared for the rest of my life. I spent a good amount of time in a world where Heather Locklear can't get a man, where a single mom can move on a whim to a job at a bakery that can support Huh, well, I had to sit through this movie with my little sister and I did my best not to vomit in front of her. A task that not even Hercules could accomplish, right? But, I managed. And I emerged scared for the rest of my life. I spent a good amount of time in a world where Heather Locklear can't get a man, where a single mom can move on a whim to a job at a bakery that can support two kids and a huge appartment, and where Hilary Duff is convincing as a loving daughter (she's as egotistical and half-witted as Mrs. Spears... oh, she can't act). Time to go in depth! First off, "Mrs. Sexiest Mom Alive" is having man problems. Right... so Heather Locklear can't find a man who will treat her right? Okay... I'm sure no man in the whole United States would ever treat that woman well. Maybe it's just me. Perhaps it's that Locklear's character is deranged (They move because mommie didn't get the philosopher hunk she wanted?). Secondly, why is the realationship covered up by little Ms. Duff? Ask the man if he is getting married. If no... introduce mom and get her laid - and happy (Spoiler: he's the best man! *Woo* The camera angles had me fooled completely)! Thirdly, why is the cast filled with non-actors? That kid is a moron, she'll never act again, she's just there to cute it up. The gay guy is well... that's all he does, brings gay-ness to a film as 'humor.' Please, he's gay, so what? It's not funny, it never was, and it's just filler (stick to Queer Eye dude, don't do cliche roles). Hilary Duff? Pftt... nuff said, read the other comment and you will see a general hate for the generic teen singer/actress/tabloid-bait/slut-wannabe. The 'man of her dreams' is simply (much like Duff) a generic actor who won't really be remembered for this roll or any other for that matter. Oddly, in this beast of a bomb, Mrs. Locklear gives a solid performance - she often does - and once again proves that she's not only lovely to look at but easy enough to put up with in a film. 'The Perfect Man' is instant bargin bin trash and a scaring experience for anyone who is old enought to understand what makes a good movie (most pre-teens really don't). Ah, there you have it - the basic 'bad' in film: sub-par acting, a plot that's unreal and dim (even for a 'kids' flick), and it's unusually long running time - for this kind of trash. I give it a two because my kid sister laughed twice... she's 10... and I believe she knows now what makes a bad movie - and I got a refresher course. Expand
  12. RandyB.
    Jun 28, 2005
    When one can imagine even it's target audience of thirteen year olds hitting thier heads on the seats in front of them because they've fallen asleep, you know it's bad. The plot was insanely improbable, and the fact that Duff is the same girl we've seen throuought her entire career doesn't help. I pity Heather Locklear and Amy Acker for having to be in this movie. When one can imagine even it's target audience of thirteen year olds hitting thier heads on the seats in front of them because they've fallen asleep, you know it's bad. The plot was insanely improbable, and the fact that Duff is the same girl we've seen throuought her entire career doesn't help. I pity Heather Locklear and Amy Acker for having to be in this movie. Beyond any resonable doubt, it should have been a straight to DVD film, just like all of Duff's horrifically boring and cheese fluff pictures. "She left her show and shed no tears; She'll star at Hooters in five years," Expand

Where Locklear's careful, clipped delivery confirms that she's better suited for TV stardom than the movies, every time Duff opens her mouth, she confirms that her natural home is in magazines. Or voicing animated squirrels. Either one would work.
  2. What sin did Heather Locklear commit to deserve her role in The Perfect Man?
    Rosman and Wendkos run dry of ideas in the film's inert, overextended finale, when the "Believe in yourself" speeches grow so thick that even the Duff-devoted may start rolling their eyes.