Columbia Pictures | Release Date: February 6, 2009
5.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 68 Ratings
Watch Now
JohnmFeb 11, 2009
Very under rated movie. A plus for Martin Fans. Glad I did not listen to the Critics.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DenebK.Feb 6, 2009
Very funny. The jokes are spot on, and once again Steve Martin brings the Inspector Clouseau to life on the screen with hilarious consequences. John Clease brings his brilliant comedic acting to the screen as Dreyfus. If your a fan of the Very funny. The jokes are spot on, and once again Steve Martin brings the Inspector Clouseau to life on the screen with hilarious consequences. John Clease brings his brilliant comedic acting to the screen as Dreyfus. If your a fan of the Pink Panther movies this is a must see. Expand
LenGFeb 9, 2009
Great fun. Many laughs and Martin is wonderful.
laurenS.Mar 8, 2009
The first pink panther, was stupid BUT it had many, many laughs in it. And this, the 2nd pink panther? Excuse my french, but it's complete bullshit if you ask me. My friend invited me to go, along with her little sister, who is 10 years The first pink panther, was stupid BUT it had many, many laughs in it. And this, the 2nd pink panther? Excuse my french, but it's complete bullshit if you ask me. My friend invited me to go, along with her little sister, who is 10 years old. I doubted the movie would be good and i was so right. So, i mean the rating PG, the movie is completely boring. And I like funny movies, my style of humor, is like the only Wayans film i actually enjoyed: White Chicks, which is hilarious, But the Pink Panther was snooze-boring and why did the producers feel the need to make ANOTHER one. I felt like i wanted my money back, and btw, i'm almost 13. It was stupid and i actually slept, and if i hadn't been with my friend, who invited me, i would sneak into Slumdog Millionaire, or some WORTHY film. It's not even laughable how bad it is though, so ages 5-10 will probably enjoy it. As for the mature, older people 11+, unless you consider yourself a child... you won't like it. Adults and teens my age, stay far away from this shit as possible, and my friend and i hated it. Of course her little sister did because it was a kiddie film, but this shouldn't have gotten a cinematic release, it should have gotten the straight to DVD. Same mistake as Star Wars:the clone wars, which i haven't seen by people... And um, it's not that i don't have any laughs to share, but it was a wasted 90 minutes of my time, and i'm pissed off. I don't care if some users say everyone should love it, it's shit, end of story. That's my opinion at least, click yes if you agree this was helpful. Expand
AlonsoCJul 11, 2009
Two words: Not Funny.
EnzoP.Jul 20, 2009
Steve Martin is such a talented actor he is one of the best comedy actors their are so why waste your talent on a movie like this. Although the Pink Panther 2 is better then the first it still lacks good acting, chuckles and everything else Steve Martin is such a talented actor he is one of the best comedy actors their are so why waste your talent on a movie like this. Although the Pink Panther 2 is better then the first it still lacks good acting, chuckles and everything else a movie needs to be great. Harald Zwart has created an eye burning film that might make people cry. Parents don't let your kids watch this film they could be scarred for life!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your kid liked this film bring them to the doctor immediately they might need to get surgery. Many people have suffered this pain to let this happen to your child. Please support the cause go to your nearest 7 eleven and ask the cashier they will have a sheet ready for you. Expand
GabJFeb 10, 2009
Hopefully this will be the last movie of the franchise whit this actors and I recommend you to see The Pink Panther (1963) starring Petter Sellers
ThomasHFeb 13, 2009
I thought it was very entertaining. Good cast.
RemakeS.Feb 24, 2009
Like most sequels, it was horible. Trying to recreate the humor that occured in the first was a complete and uter fail. But it did have it's moment's.
DrewB.Feb 7, 2009
This movie really makes me weep for Steve Martin's career. I me honestly, such a waste of talent.
RadhikaK.Feb 7, 2009
This film had a weak script and plot line. There were so many actors and none of them (except Martin) really have anything to do on screen. It wasn't funny at all. It seems that Pink Panther 2 was just thrown together and the producers, This film had a weak script and plot line. There were so many actors and none of them (except Martin) really have anything to do on screen. It wasn't funny at all. It seems that Pink Panther 2 was just thrown together and the producers, directors, etc. never even bothered to see the product. Steve Martin should stop making these movies. He hasn't been funny since the 90s. Expand
ChadS.Feb 8, 2009
Robert Wagner plays the nephew of The Phantom, a playboy/jewel thief played by David Niven in Blake Edwards' "The Pink Panther", the 1963 original that started it all. In order to separate Clouseau from his wife, the young American Robert Wagner plays the nephew of The Phantom, a playboy/jewel thief played by David Niven in Blake Edwards' "The Pink Panther", the 1963 original that started it all. In order to separate Clouseau from his wife, the young American places a call to the inspector's hotel room from an elevator, in which he employs a fake French accent by lifting his nose with an index finger. Steve Martin's take on Inspector Jacques Clouseau seems closer in spirit to Wagner's brief French impersonation than the late Peter Sellers, who, albeit not French, transcended the pitfalls of unintentional caricature. Martin's performance is nothing more than a funny voice sans the digit to the schnoz. Whereas old school Clouseau was oblivious to the mayhem he'd inadvertently foment, new school Clouseau is a post-modernist construct; he's in on the joke, a fire-starter. Martin's bumbling act doesn't have the accidental nature that Sellers had down pat, largely because the American comic plays Clouseau as being too smart for slapstick. In one scene, returning to the restaurant he had previously helped burn down, he asks the maitre d', "Remember me?" with a self-satisfied sneer in his voice that telegraphs the detective's intention to play arsonist again, once the comic set-piece goes through the requisite convolutions. If Sellers was given the same line, he'd deliver the line with a look of sheepishness on his face, and humility in his voice. This Clouseau projects a veneer of latent intellectuality. This Clouseau seems wholly capable of solving the case. That's why "The Pink Panther 2" misses the mark. Expand
phoebeFeb 9, 2009
AMAZINGLY funnny. great lines to repeat later on in liffeee.
MichaelSApr 17, 2009
There is only one Inspector Clouseau and that is PETER SELLERS! Steve Martin does a terrible job (I like Martin) as Clouseau, he's simply not funny.
MovieLoverJun 15, 2009
Don't waste your time or money on what can only be described as drivel!
IsmailA.Feb 7, 2009
Can you say doo doo poo poo? Steve Martin never ages, but his comedy has regressed from cutting edge briliance to a sanitized "stepford" character...in every role.
KristinaH.Feb 7, 2009
Loved it - Better than the 2006 movie., but will never live up to the originals with Peter Sellers.
KdawgFeb 8, 2009
Very Funny, I laughed at almost every scene. If you liked the 1st, then this is a must see.
nickmFeb 9, 2009
Garbage! This movie does not belong on the big screen or on dvd, it should be in a trash can. Its sad to see such good actors in a poorly made much such as this one.
JayHJun 22, 2009
The critics really crucified this one. Although it's noyt a great comedy, it did make me laugh. Not all the gags worked, but enough did to keep me entertained throughout.
meelan.Jul 18, 2009
This movie just proves that the writers these days have no imagination, the first pink panther with beyonce was by far much more funnier, i found alot of the same jokes they used in the first one was used in the second...how original.
DanielCJul 26, 2009
The worst comedy in 20 years. What an insult to the work of Peter Sellers. Let Martin create his own character rather than brutalize a loved character that is Sellers alone.
SeanFeb 15, 2009
Lacks the intelligence of the Peter Sellers films and even the zest of Steve Martin's previous entry, but there are still enough belly laughs to keep the Panther on the right trail, and the opening credits alone are worth the price of Lacks the intelligence of the Peter Sellers films and even the zest of Steve Martin's previous entry, but there are still enough belly laughs to keep the Panther on the right trail, and the opening credits alone are worth the price of admission for Pink Panther fans. Expand
BryanKMar 23, 2009
While The Pink Panther (2006) was an entertaining film, The Pink Panther 2 is not as great. While it is entertaining it suffers from the previous films style. Some of the Dream Team members are not likable and come off as arrogant. The While The Pink Panther (2006) was an entertaining film, The Pink Panther 2 is not as great. While it is entertaining it suffers from the previous films style. Some of the Dream Team members are not likable and come off as arrogant. The ending was funny and it is passable. Expand
JoeBlowJun 22, 2009
Why are they doing this? I'm curious if Steve Martin is aware of how utterly shameful and embarrassing these movies are. I think Peter Sellers would be extremely uncomfortable if he were around to view these remakes. Weird how they even Why are they doing this? I'm curious if Steve Martin is aware of how utterly shameful and embarrassing these movies are. I think Peter Sellers would be extremely uncomfortable if he were around to view these remakes. Weird how they even got made? Oh well. Expand
[Anonymous]Jul 27, 2009
I don't care what people say, this movie made me laugh. it reminds me a little of police squad.
TheQuietGamerApr 3, 2011
This sequel is nowhere as good as the first, it's not as funny, I only chuckled once or twice during the entire movie but the first one had me laughing until I couldn't breath, a huge disappointment.
oxanaAug 25, 2014
Since this is a comedy, it is expected that there are more than a couple of funny, laughable moments - which there were. Some of them fed off the first movie (so watching that before going to see the new one might be a good idea). Part of theSince this is a comedy, it is expected that there are more than a couple of funny, laughable moments - which there were. Some of them fed off the first movie (so watching that before going to see the new one might be a good idea). Part of the time, repetition was used as a source of amusement, and worked mostly, although you could see it coming.

The acting in this movie is pretty dreadful - something that I recall the first movie fell into as well. Overacting is as much a trademark to this movie as is Closeau's attempt to get "hamburger" right. The accents are also over-done, probably to get more amusement out of the scenes.

Most notable things for me in this movie were Jean Reno and Andy Garcia in their respective roles - and Jeremy Irons! Those men were awesome, although the actors didn't get too much time to bring themselves forth from all the chaotic action.

The movie starts a bit jumpily, going right into the point - almost too quickly. The same pace continues thorough the movie, as if the plot was dancing from one foot to another, wobbling at times, then going steadily onwards again.

There's not too much to the plot; it is quite predictable. Still, it somehow holds itself together, and while the conclusion of the movie is far from fulfilling, the laughable elements are there.

This movie isn't going to run for Oscars, but it certainly does give a few things to talk about later with your friends.
MovieGuysMar 9, 2014
An easily forgettable and rather uninspired sequel, Pink Panther 2 fails to deliver on any level, and instead beats the hell out of its jokes until they are no longer even jokes but rather just stupid sight-gags and silly dialogue.
calhouniteMar 13, 2015
Martin's genius stich to accentuate the elements. Sellars was recognized in his time. Martin is Van Gogh to Sellar's Picasso........................................
eagleeyevikingDec 12, 2013
Pink Panther 2 is light family entertainment. It is somewhat funny but unsuccessfully tries to stuff a weak storyline into it, thus creating a big mess.
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
Duke_NukemOct 12, 2015
Steve Martin raping Peter Sellers' Clouseau............................................................................................... just awful!
JuggulatorMay 19, 2016
Under rated movie...sure its not nearly as good as the first but at least it stuck to what it was good at. However the story was lacking and i really didn't see much character development...Could have been better could have been worse butUnder rated movie...sure its not nearly as good as the first but at least it stuck to what it was good at. However the story was lacking and i really didn't see much character development...Could have been better could have been worse but still better than most crude, lewd, and vulgar humor in today's movies. Expand