Columbia Pictures | Release Date: April 27, 2012
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 127 Ratings
WATCH NOW
NoCellphonesJul 29, 2012
Just to begin on a lighter note, the map travel animations were mildly amusing, at best. With that behind us, take away Peter Pan
PaperThingMay 15, 2012
Rolling up to the theater, I realized at the time that the Avengers still wasn't out yet. Oh well, I thought, brimming with cheer on a warm Saturday afternoon, I can always watch "The Pirates! Band of Misfits", after all, I really liked theirRolling up to the theater, I realized at the time that the Avengers still wasn't out yet. Oh well, I thought, brimming with cheer on a warm Saturday afternoon, I can always watch "The Pirates! Band of Misfits", after all, I really liked their previous work. How wrong I was.

This movie is utterly boring and camp. If you take your children to see this, you will be bored. None of the animation was interesting, and no jokes were funny. All of the jokes are childish and ridiculous slapstick and, the worst of all, telegraphed puns.

"Pirates! Band of Misfits" is not surprisingly funny like "Arthur Christmas" was, or genuinely funny or heartfelt like many of the "Wallace and Gromit" films. This film is frustratingly and soul-grindingly long.