6.9

1. Jan 28, 2013
    Excellent film. I watched this film the day after Dredd. Dredd was a big let down and I never really liked Wallace and Gromit so I was not in a good mood. This film cheered me up a lot. I've watched it twice since then and its still funny. The animation is great, the characters are likable, the jokes are plentiful and funny - good for kids and the adults wont be bored either.
  2. Zal
    Dec 20, 2012
    It's a solid kids movie and has enough jokes for adults. There are a few twists later in the story that are surprisingly creative as well and I refuse to give them away. The story has a basic message and one common in many kids movies, but it's the humor and creativity that make this movie stand out.
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Aardman has done it again!!
    With a great story, hilarious comments, and a great cast of voice actors, this film will leave you wanting more but never getting it. The depiction of QE 1st is very funny and adds to the excitement you get from every animated film... So a 9 it is.
  4. May 12, 2012
    This review may contain spoilers, but I'm not entirely sure.

This review may contain spoilers, but I'm not entirely sure.

The pirates: in an adventure with scientists (that's the British name of the film: the pirates: band of misfits) is a hilarious, incredibly well made, action-packed stop-motion film with comedic music! I was in hysterics when a flight of the Concords song came on: I'm not crying. I don't understand why people think the story-line is rubbish, I love the story-line: the pirate captain wants to be popular and win the pirate of the year contest.
  5. May 9, 2012
    Watching this took me back to the good old days of being younger. I loved this movie, just like i loved Wallace and Gromit and Flushed Away, if you are a fan of Wallace and Gromit then you will love The Pirates! It was such a funny, wonderful film. The animation was beautiful and the voices were perfect. Just a great film all around. The Pirates is a film that won't disappoint, theres funWatching this took me back to the good old days of being younger. I loved this movie, just like i loved Wallace and Gromit and Flushed Away, if you are a fan of Wallace and Gromit then you will love The Pirates! It was such a funny, wonderful film. The animation was beautiful and the voices were perfect. Just a great film all around. The Pirates is a film that won't disappoint, theres fun for everyone. 10/10 Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Michelle Orange
    Apr 27, 2012
    It's all rather casual - not unengaging, exactly, but lacking a narrative energy all its own.
  2. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Apr 27, 2012
    Barely a moment goes by without a well-orchestrated joke (or three), and it's paced as briskly as a clipper in front of a stiff tailwind.
  3. Reviewed by: Jody Mitori
    Apr 27, 2012
    The movie is missing the zippy chases and lovable characters of Aardman studio's previous films ("Arthur Christmas," "Chicken Run").