8.5

1. GlenC.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I just saw this movie last night for the first time and I have to admit, it wa a letdown. It had good writing, and entertaining story, but it seemed to copy the story of Stardust. Stardust is very similar, I think that movie was copying this. I didn't like Stardust either, it is just as cheesy and boring as this, and I think stardust picked the wrong movie to copy. This to me was I just saw this movie last night for the first time and I have to admit, it wa a letdown. It had good writing, and entertaining story, but it seemed to copy the story of Stardust. Stardust is very similar, I think that movie was copying this. I didn't like Stardust either, it is just as cheesy and boring as this, and I think stardust picked the wrong movie to copy. This to me was almost the same as Stardust, but it was so cheesy. Its so stupid how they don't even kill Humperdink, its a weak, weak movie. And they run out of ideas once they leave the fire swamp. After that they use the worste techniques, with an annoying Billy Crystal, and obsessesed characters. To me, the last half hour ruined everything. Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2011
    I watched this for my english stuff but this is terrible. the actors are terrible. the main girl character is a b****. WORST MOVIE IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like, it's actually terrible. it's like a movie made by kids.

1. A percolating comedy. The laughs may not tear your belly up, but they're constant and they dovetail with the story.
  2. Chicago Tribune
    Reviewed by: Dave Kehr
    The Princess Bride wants to be sweet and warm, but it doesn't want to take the chance of seeming uncool -- and that is an attitude far, far removed from innocence. [9 Oct 1987]
  3. Not even the crude ethnic humor--Billy Crystal's Mel Brooks-ish Miracle Max--pricks the dream bubble, and the spirited cast has a field day.