Third Rail Releasing | Release Date: June 6, 2008
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 10 Ratings
Watch Now
RyanMJul 5, 2009
This movie was surprisingly very enjoyable. The two main characters are so serious and driven about the promotion, but the joke is that it's a battle over a grocery position. Very well done, lots of clever subtlety. Makes me thankful I This movie was surprisingly very enjoyable. The two main characters are so serious and driven about the promotion, but the joke is that it's a battle over a grocery position. Very well done, lots of clever subtlety. Makes me thankful I don't work in a grocery store. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
MirandaNJul 15, 2008
It cracked me up. Maybe I've just been in the corporate world for too long, but this movie was very funny. Some of the acting was a little stiff at first, but if you just sit back and enjoy it you'll get a lot of laughs.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
xolveSep 13, 2014
This was an incredibly surprisingly good film - I say incredibly surprisingly, because there is a typical trope in american comedies - two guys competing for a role/job/something, escalation and friendly rivlary turns into fierce chaos.
This
This was not that kind of film, and that's what's wonderful about it - it's more inspired by "the pursuit of happyness" than other comedy films of it's ilk. In fact, it's not really correct to call it a comedy - but not drama either.
Instead, you get a nice snippet of two guy's lives, both of whom are essentially nice, have some conflict but ultimately are equally good people, and more or less stay that way. It was a pleasant surprise, and slightly heartfelt.
choomtabi31Feb 2, 2016
This was actually a pretty good movie with some funny moments. Liked it!

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-679-The-Promotion-online-free