6.7

1. Nov 16, 2013
    The Proposal gets turned down.
    The movie begins with humor and an interesting concept for a rom-com. After the first hour it then begins to become tiresome and directionless. The movie then evolves to an illogical overly cheesy story with no substance and the character moves are incomprehensibly silly at best.
  2. Jul 5, 2013
    Predictable. A typical summer romantic comedy. I personally failed to see any chemistry between the 2 lead actors, not to mention that they seemed to both be mis-casted for their roles.
    I almost fell asleep towards the end and what an end! So very happy-go-lucky and completely impossible. The whole film's plot was out of synch.This is just like almost every other summer film of it's
    genre. Why did I bother?? Expand
  3. Jan 2, 2012
    Silly, Predictable crap. Seen it a thousand times even though the stars have chemistry that doesn't even benefit the movie. Although Betty White gives a hilarious performance. I give this movie 25%.
  4. Aug 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alrightly funny at times but had a terrible plot. I feel like I've seen this exact same thing before in countless other romantic comedies. I like the cast and they had some funny jokes but a lot of it made me just role my eyes. Not a very good movie and don't recommend it. Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2011
    Sandra Bullock was a bit better than I expected, RR was a lot worse. Ryan Reynolds has no charm, no substance and is only barely into the attractive category. I suppose he represented 'everyman'. Betty White was fun and quirky, Mary Steenburgen was wildly underused and the only real star of the whole show was the scenery.

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Lally
    The situations might be formulaic, but the teamwork of the two leads brings them to sparkling life.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The Proposal won't catch any bouquets for originality, but in terms of a bended-knee pitch for the affections of women -- including Ryan Reynolds’ boyish charms, a hip granny and even a beyond-adorable puppy -- this romantic comedy pretty much pulls out all the stops.
    The Proposal follows a paint-by-numbers script, it fails one key acid test: it doesn't sell the romance.