6.7

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto, tuvo comedia."The Proposal" es una comedia cliché, con algunas escenas graciosas que son capaz de hacer reir;esta pelicula tenia mas para dar, pero igual me gusto.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    The Proposal gets turned down.
    The movie begins with humor and an interesting concept for a rom-com. After the first hour it then begins to become tiresome and directionless. The movie then evolves to an illogical overly cheesy story with no substance and the character moves are incomprehensibly silly at best.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    Predictable. A typical summer romantic comedy. I personally failed to see any chemistry between the 2 lead actors, not to mention that they seemed to both be mis-casted for their roles.
    I almost fell asleep towards the end and what an end! So very happy-go-lucky and completely impossible. The whole film's plot was out of synch.This is just like almost every other summer film of it's
    genre. Why did I bother?? Expand
  4. Feb 24, 2013
    Completely ridiculous story line, but completely entertaining nonetheless. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds have great chemistry together, and Betty White is hilarious!
  5. Nov 11, 2012
    Why did I watch it?
    Mrs Northerner suggested we watch this as it was on TV while we were away. I think this may be at least strike #2 for her being allowed to suggest films to watch.

What's it all about?
    Ok, Sandra Bullock is the **** editor-in-chief and Ryan Reynolds is her personal assistant. Bullock's visa (she's Canadian) expires and in order to protect her job she reveals to her
    employers that her and Reynolds are engaged and soon to be married. Obviously they aren't but Reynolds reluctantly agrees providing he is made editor and his book is published. Cue fun and games as Bullock meets Reynolds family and the couple try to avoid prison by tricking an inquisitive immigration agent.

Should you watch it?

The happy couple
    It was sadly predictable how predictable the plot turned out to be. I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that spoiler alert they don't get on, then get on, then fall out at the last minute before making up. The only unknown is knowing how close to the end the last minute falling out occurs. I've had more unpredictable trips to the bathroom.

Despite the plot, Reynolds and Bullock do have a genuine chemistry, are capable comedic performers and turn in decent performances within the constrains of the plot. The script's immense sarcasm and the pair's forced affection for each other, despite their contempt, can actually be pretty funny to watch.
  6. Aug 25, 2012
    A normal romantic-comedy, The Proposal has a few laughs but tends to struggle for the most part, relying on the talents of Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds to carry this film through. It is fine as a date movie but nothing more.
  7. Mar 2, 2012
    The Proposal is predictable, you know what will happen. Despite this, there is some funny moments and a great cast. There is great charisma between Reynolds and Bullock.
  8. Jan 2, 2012
    Silly, Predictable crap. Seen it a thousand times even though the stars have chemistry that doesn't even benefit the movie. Although Betty White gives a hilarious performance. I give this movie 25%.
  9. Oct 17, 2011
    "The Proposal" is total rubbish; it creates its own problems by connecting them to the plot. But nevertheless, if you like Ryan Reynolds getting his butt owned by Sandra Bullock, by all means, go ahead and enjoy...
  10. Aug 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alrightly funny at times but had a terrible plot. I feel like I've seen this exact same thing before in countless other romantic comedies. I like the cast and they had some funny jokes but a lot of it made me just role my eyes. Not a very good movie and don't recommend it. Expand
  11. Jul 27, 2011
    Sandra Bullock was a bit better than I expected, RR was a lot worse. Ryan Reynolds has no charm, no substance and is only barely into the attractive category. I suppose he represented 'everyman'. Betty White was fun and quirky, Mary Steenburgen was wildly underused and the only real star of the whole show was the scenery.
  12. Jun 16, 2011
    This film was...hmmmm... Interesting, I did not see much purpose so it hasn't groen on me as a good film, but I can say that it could have been worse!
  13. May 29, 2011
    The proposal is a good recipe for romantic comedy, there is no big novelties, but there are peculiarities in this very funny and interesting movie! Although I am not fan of Bullock, she's a good actress! I havenâ
  14. Nov 28, 2010
    While I am no fan of chick flicks, I still loved this movie. I loved how they mocked the U.S. immigration problem, and Betty White is back (before watching the movie, I was actually watching reruns of the Golden Girls)!
  15. Nov 17, 2010
    Sorry but it's beyond me how some of you losers can rate this movie so low. I was gonna give it a 9 but now I'm gonna give it a 10 just to piss you haters off. This was a damn good film. Bullock and Reynolds play off each other great and it was an all around fun and enjoyable movie. Very much worth watching
  16. Aug 27, 2010
    This movie wasn't that good! I didn't like Sandra Bullock's role in the movie,she does the same s*** in her previous bad films. The only coolest character in the movie is Ryan Reynolds and Betty White as the funny grandma,that's it! They shouldn't put Betty White as the funny grandma instead wathcing this crap of rom-com film with these two stupid couples! But to be fair,this movie turns people into watching this movie into guity-pleasure. But come one,it's just a stupid rom-com film and I don't think wasnt too great! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Lally
    The situations might be formulaic, but the teamwork of the two leads brings them to sparkling life.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The Proposal won't catch any bouquets for originality, but in terms of a bended-knee pitch for the affections of women -- including Ryan Reynolds’ boyish charms, a hip granny and even a beyond-adorable puppy -- this romantic comedy pretty much pulls out all the stops.
    The Proposal follows a paint-by-numbers script, it fails one key acid test: it doesn't sell the romance.