8.4

1. Jan 25, 2015
    Woody Allen is amazing.
    I thing he is free. Free from every thing.
    Look at his films, there is no logical things in his films. every thing in his films is possible!
    He always surprised his audience.
    There is too different between him and Charlie Chaplin but I want to say that Woody Allen is the best comedian after Charlie Chaplin.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    It is a unique concept that is filled with light comedy and romance. I really loved the characters in the movie theater. They were the ones that stole the show.
  3. Aug 27, 2011
    Allen at his most romantic (in terms of romanticism) about film, TPROC is as sweet as a film could be, without being sugary. It's funny, sad, romantic, and quite zany, and catches Allen at his most Chaplinesque. I feel I'm about using the word 'magical' in a review, but I'll generate a substitute for the word, and use that instead.

1. I'll go out on a limb: I can't believe the year will bring forth anything to equal The Purple Rose of Cairo. At 84 minutes, it's short but nearly every one of those minutes is blissful.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Tale is a light, almost frivolous treatment of a serious theme, as Woody Allen here confronts the unalterable fact that life just doesn't turn out the way it does (or did) in Hollywood films. For all its situational goofiness, pic is a tragedy, and it's too bad Allen didn't build up the characters and drama sufficiently to give some weight to his concerns.
    Woody Allen's naive notions of art--he thinks it means a story with a moral--might have some primitive charm if he didn't put them forward so self-importantly.