Magnolia Pictures | Release Date: July 20, 2012
8.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 28 Ratings
WATCH NOW
jon44Mar 31, 2013
I thought, ultimately, this was a nasty, tedious piece of work. The early part of the movie is "fun," in a guilty-pleasure, voyeuristic sort of way. But then the repetitive depictions of these people's miseries and yuchiness just feelsI thought, ultimately, this was a nasty, tedious piece of work. The early part of the movie is "fun," in a guilty-pleasure, voyeuristic sort of way. But then the repetitive depictions of these people's miseries and yuchiness just feels petty and spiteful. Especially over-the-line was getting and showing on screen the couple's teenage daughter saying that she didn't think her father loved her mother. Viewer's could easily draw the conclusion themselves-- exploiting a rebilious teenager to say it on camera reflects a level of spite that's just really unappealing. Expand
DTDunnDec 23, 2012
A documentary that proves some of the statements made by F. Scott Fitzgerald in his short "The Rich Boy" (1926): "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something toA documentary that proves some of the statements made by F. Scott Fitzgerald in his short "The Rich Boy" (1926): "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft, where we are hard, cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand."

Frankly, I enjoyed watching these pathetic people struggle. There is in fact an inherent weakness that comes with great wealth. It is interesting to see that come to life on the screen.