Miramax Films | Release Date: September 30, 2006
6.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 350 Ratings
Watch Now
HowardHughesOct 15, 2006
Horrible. No other word can describe this movie.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
GregBMay 1, 2007
The screenplay is dreadful. Helen Mirren is grossly overrated. It's really an embarrasing movie. Should have been on Lifetime channel. All characters are chariactures and totally unbelievable. Not the true story surrounding anyone.
CruzNicoleOct 15, 2006
Ugh!! If Helen Mirren wins Best Actress, I will kill myself.
AbbyROct 20, 2006
Helen Mirren is the only actor in this film. Weirdly boring to me.
CathyHFeb 24, 2007
Boring film, Kate Winslet ('Little Children'), Meryl Streep ('The Devil Wears Prada') or Penelope Cruz ('Volver') are much better than Mirren.
RichardD.Jul 7, 2007
A really boring film. Made for cardboard Brits. Not at all entertaining - I feel asleep 3 or 4 times and then turned it off. I won't be going back.
WillyB.Nov 1, 2006
So boring film! Helen Mirren does not deserve the Oscar Award at all. Kate Winslet ('Little Children'), Meryl Streep ('The Devil Wears Prada') or Penelope Cruz ('Volver') are much better than Mirren.
LydiaM.Nov 1, 2006
Frears is not a good filmmaker. Please do not see this film because it is an insult. Queen Elizabeth II is not like this.
EmilyM.Nov 3, 2006
I had to leave the theater before its ending. It is a horrible film, a false biography of Queen Elizabeth II. If Helen Mirren or the film win Oscar Award, I will be very disappointed.
AngeloMichaeloDec 24, 2006
What a piece of S**t!! This film is SO OVERRATED. The Queen is boring, stupid, ignorant and a lost of time, the acting of Mirren is good but not for an Oscar, please to all the critics READ (read important things) and if you want to see anWhat a piece of S**t!! This film is SO OVERRATED. The Queen is boring, stupid, ignorant and a lost of time, the acting of Mirren is good but not for an Oscar, please to all the critics READ (read important things) and if you want to see an excellent acting of Mirren look THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE AND HER LOVER, that is a really Masterpiece, not this crap. Expand
FergieHOct 25, 2006
If we could only go less then zero!
MaryJan 15, 2007
I am amazed by the adulatory critics' reviews. Helen Mirren does a great job, of course, but she cannot single-handedly save the film. The screenplay is clumsy and the characters are all caricatures.
1 of 3 users found this helpful
A.S.Jan 21, 2007
Helen Mirren is quite good, but I have to agree that the script didn't rise above the level of TV movie. And the whole stag bit was the most obvious and cringe-worthy movie metaphor of the year. And, in the end, who really cares about Helen Mirren is quite good, but I have to agree that the script didn't rise above the level of TV movie. And the whole stag bit was the most obvious and cringe-worthy movie metaphor of the year. And, in the end, who really cares about the relative popularity of the queen of England for a week of her life? Or for that matter what Tony Blair thinks about her? Expand
MalcolmMJan 22, 2007
Apart from the good acting, I'm puzzled as to why the movie got such great reviews. Only someone obsessed with the Royal family would find this movie interesting.
BillF.Feb 24, 2007
One of the most tedious films I've had to sit through in quite some time. The obsession with the British and their anachronistic monarchy shoud produce only yawns from what many refer to as "discernng viewers" . I saw it on a One of the most tedious films I've had to sit through in quite some time. The obsession with the British and their anachronistic monarchy shoud produce only yawns from what many refer to as "discernng viewers" . I saw it on a transatlantic flight and it actually put me to sleep. I used to adore Stephen Frears with his bold forays into homosexuaility, arsitocratic love and unsung heroes but a film about how Tony Blair saved the British Monarchy is strictly trite and banal. Expand
JarrodC.Nov 23, 2008
Immensely boring. I can't understand how anyone's attention could be held for the 104 minutes of this movie. Sentimental pap. Helen Mirren can't save this dull, dire, dirge.
StanS.Jan 9, 2008
Some movies seem to exist simply in order to win awards. This i feel is one of those movies, and while i did think it did a good job showing why she responded the way she did it did not keep me interested.
AustinVMay 14, 2009
I was forced to watch this on a plane, talk about a snorefest!
LanceJ.Nov 27, 2006
Boring and typical biopic. Penelope Cruz should win the Oscar and for Volver and not Helen Mirren.
FamekNezzarazahNov 5, 2006
Hated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated HatedHated Hated Hated Hated Hated this movie. Expand
MWOct 22, 2006
Lots of exposition, too much. The middle of the movie was more interesting though. Too much dialogue. We're tired of hearing you talk!!
ParisAOct 25, 2006
God Awful. Waste of 12.50. Yes, 12.50. Isn't that ridiculous. Should have watched Little Children instead!
FergieHOct 28, 2006
If we could only go less then zero!
JoeZ.Dec 18, 2006
This movie is overrated. I think the critics we're all high when they saw this thing. The story goes nowhere, and the acting is fine, but no performances truly stand out from the pack. Wait for the DVD.
0 of 0 users found this helpful