8.0

1. Jan 11, 2014
    I wasn't sure about this movie when I decided to watch it on the Lifetime Network (it was the only somewhat interesting thing on) but was blown away. The description given on most sites doesn't do this movie any justice. It took turns you never saw coming & it was very intense, sad, scary, real & it leaves you staring at the screen, mouth open & heart racing. My preferred genres don't usually consist of Lifetime dramas (I'm more of a horror, dark comedy, cult classics kinda girl) unless I'm totally out of options but I would own this movie (I'm talking paying cash not free download) if it weren't so underrated & hard to find. Goose bumps. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    A Lifetime movie on crack, The Quiet dredges up every lurid cliche from the well of teen hormonal havoc in a tale of dysfunctional family meltdown that seems unsure whether to push for suburban-Gothic psychosexual excess or tongue-in-cheek malevolence.
  2. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    Thematically the movie never reaches beyond the ready-for-prime-time mentality that specializes in psychological shorthand.
    The few effective scenes in The Quiet suggest that the film might have worked as a kinked-up Hitchcockian thriller rather than the drab, serious drama it turns out to be.