8.3

1. Mar 20, 2014
    A skilfully made, in terms of direction, cinematography and editing, film that does do a serviceable job at throwing action on screen but watching endless sprites get annihilated on screen isn't for me. It lacked substance and a sense of character.
  2. Sep 28, 2013
    Mindless violence for mindless chop-saki freaks.

OK, to fill in the required 150 characters, I'll mention non-stop gratuitous violence, weak plot, vapid dialog dubbed into flat English, and no redeeming artistic merit.
  3. Sep 28, 2013
    Takes a good 18 minutes to get to some action and a good 30 to get to some actually decent action. Dialogue is horrible. Goes with the ideology of "If i swear a lot people will think it's realistic and thus good writing" at nosium. The directing is pretty bad. The camera bobs around incessantly for seemingly no reason during non action sequences. The writing is downright atrocious. Most characters just exist to be disposable meat sacks to add up pointless bodycount and even the main character seems to be devoid of any development. It shows some moments of promise like the propane tank in the fridge but it's not worth siting through the stupid moments like the part where the entire team lost their firearms for seemingly no reason other than to showcase some of the mediocre kung fu fights, or the part where a character was about to explain why they can't call for backup but stops as if he just realized their really is no reason why they can't. Oh and there's the part where an unarmed character walks past a gun and two tonfas, without picking them up for absolutely no reason, and don't even get me started on the part where a villain who has a guy at gun point drops the gun and gives the cliche "I don't like using guns. I like fist fighting because it provides the audience with an actual action scene-I MEAN I PREFER KILLING WITH MY FISTS OR SOMETHING YEAH THAT'S IT!" Expand
  4. Apr 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, so now I know it was Indonesian. Were they fighting endlessly with Muay Thai? I'm sorry, but, I was SO put off by the poor translation. I don't need to understand the language, obviously, I got most of it, but, what a piss poor translation! Minutes would go by dialogue, talking, and then, "WHAT?" the translation would reveal. LAME! Great fight scenes and loved the over the top gun work, not just the minutes of ammo wasted, but WHAM-WHAM! up close pistol shots to the head! Well done!!! Guess one can't very well pick out the subtext when one doesn't know the language, and should one expect to? Well, who was that long haired guy and why was he such a scary/good fighter? Didn't care, and some translation would have brought that forth, but, missed the boat you did on that one. I'm like, come on. In a real fight: the crush of a windpipe would have you OUT! Lacerate the carotid? DONE! Femoral cut? DOWN! Reality check, most fights, if to the death, would be over in seconds. You wouldn't be dancing around in a room with pvc pipe taped to your neck, dancing for your camera. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    May 14, 2012
    Remember your first time with Hard Boiled? Die Hard? This is how it's done - a clean, hard, constant hit of adrenalin. If it's not the best action movie of the year, we'll eat a fridge.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Apr 14, 2012
    This is a movie to be experienced on a more visceral level. As long as you don't expect anything more, you won't be disappointed.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Apr 13, 2012
    Built on shaky and blood-soaked ground, but if towering technique is all you want from an action movie, then yippee-ki-yay.