Freestyle Releasing | Release Date: May 11, 2012
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 27 Ratings
Watch Now
WoodsyMay 15, 2012
A flat-out bore with very little redeeming qualities. I expect most horror films to be, at the very least, entertaining on some level. Even if the performances are underwhelming and the story thin. But The Road has no intention of such. IA flat-out bore with very little redeeming qualities. I expect most horror films to be, at the very least, entertaining on some level. Even if the performances are underwhelming and the story thin. But The Road has no intention of such. I was constantly wondering about casting choices, editing decisions, and pacing issues which pulled me out of my suspension-of-disbelief. I really wanted to feel the tension Yam Laranas was desperately trying to convey. I wanted to feel the edge of my seat so bad I actually considered leaving the theater. Collapse
apexoneloveAug 30, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall: Huge was of time.

Writing and acting is completely non-sensical. I never believed any character motivations. Was a combination of poor editing and casting decisions. Location and the road itself was beautiful.

Opportunity for big scares only fall flat.

Feels like "let's make a horror movie"...but then "let's make it artsy". If this were in the vein of other flix that aren't afraid of gore and actually showing the impacts and deaths it would have been highly successful.

**SPOILERS BELOW**
For instance: Why they go on the 'joyride' seems flimsy. Why they go down some weird road instead of just U turning. There's like one cop on the road ahead of them...probably pulling someone else over and nobody else on the road is getting pulled over so you just decide to turn around?

Seems like budget was allocated to the wrong things. Like invest in a badass looking chain that looks like it could hold more than a mouse.

Why would these ghosts lead other innocents to their deaths?

Also, nobody cries this much. Ever. Life and death situation? I'm fighting not crying, Yams. Actually comes off as extremely misogynistic. I guess in this world common trope apply: Ladies cry. Bad boys die.

Putting the 'horrible' in horror.