The Road

6.6

1. Dec 7, 2012
    Choosing to go down this road will ultimately lead you to a destination of indifference. Well done psychological thriller with a satisfying story and some genuine chills. Slow moving at times and staying engaged becomes tedious. It's not that it's that bad of a film, I'm just saying it's not that great of one either.
  2. Jun 9, 2012
    The story--and the way it's told--is somewhat interesting, but ultimately for a ghost story, one expects it to be a little more thrilling.

Script: 6/10
    Cinematography: 6/10
    Sound: 5/10 Acting: 5/10
    Production: 4/10
  3. May 12, 2012
    I'm not sure I understand what all the hype is around this movie. It was mildly entertaining, but if there is anyone that was truly surprised by the ending, I'd have your head checked. My wife and I figured it out by the end of Part II and honestly didn't find the scare tactics all that original. Check it out if you want, but don't go expecting the next Cabin in the Woods or Hostel.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    May 12, 2012
    Laranas does cultivate a mood of distinctive menace and mystery, not to mention a convoluted and ambitious chronology.
  2. Reviewed by: V.A. Musetto
    May 11, 2012
    Director/co-writer/cinematographer, Yam Laranas, still delivers a maximum of suspense and horror, working wonders with a small budget.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    May 10, 2012
    The film's three-pronged narrative does a fair job of laying a spooky groundwork for the revelatory emotional sadism that lies behind most acts of evil; it just takes a bit of clunky exposition to get there.