6.7

1. JasonD.
    Feb 9, 2009
    I thought that this movie was pretty good. It wasn't laugh out loud funny through the entire movie, but it had it's moments. I though that overall it was very entertaining. Rainn Wilson is a very funny man and he did a good job portraying this character. It was better than what I originally expected.
  2. AnnieS.
    Jan 16, 2010
    This was a great movie! It has great laughs, sweet moments, catchy music, and Rainn Wilson. Need I say more?
  3. BenR.
    Aug 23, 2008
    Fun little movie romp. Take the kids (teens preferably for the "naked drummer" scene) and go have a good, not too serious, time.
  4. JayH.
    Jan 21, 2009
    Predictable and lacks originality, but it does have it's moments. Some good music along the way but it gets tiresome midway through. Fair performances.
  5. ChadS.
    Aug 20, 2008
    Got Yow? Not Curtis, no way, contrary to the poster hanging on his bedroom wall, the frontman for A.D.D.'s got no Yow in him. The real-life Teddy Geiger might be a Jesus Lizard fan, but his alter-ego is more like The Jesus Meerkat than the influential late-eighties noise band from Chicago(named after the "basilicus basilicus", the lizard that walks on water). A.D.D.'s meteoric Got Yow? Not Curtis, no way, contrary to the poster hanging on his bedroom wall, the frontman for A.D.D.'s got no Yow in him. The real-life Teddy Geiger might be a Jesus Lizard fan, but his alter-ego is more like The Jesus Meerkat than the influential late-eighties noise band from Chicago(named after the "basilicus basilicus", the lizard that walks on water). A.D.D.'s meteoric rise to fame has almost no basis in reality, but that's nothing compared to Vesuvius' surprising viability in the music industry. Imagine if the Seattle music scene in the early-nineties never happened. That's what "The Rocker" did. A "hair-band" like Vesuvius sells out arenas, and worse yet, gets inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "The Rocker" is no more realistic about the music biz than "Alvin and the Chipmunks". For A.D.D. to make any headway towards legitimacy, the up-and-comers have to overcome the gimmicky notoriety of being a "You Tube" sensation. They're the band saddled with "The Naked Drummer". In a smarter movie, the suits would force the kids to replace Robert(Rainn Wilson) before signing them to a record contract. In a smarter, funnier movie, it's the kids who act like decadent rockers, not the middle-aged uncle. Make Amelia(Emma Stone) a lush; Matt(Josh Gad), a womanizer; and Curtis(Teddy Geiger), a heroin addict. A.D.D. is one boring band. Shouldn't fame change them in some essential way? The kids are worse than alright, they're underwritten. "The Rocker" is too Fish-centric. Expand
  6. BillP.
    Sep 26, 2008
    A very enjoyable movie. Lots of likeable characters. A kind-of weak script, but, again, a good way to spend a week night when you just want to relax and be amused. When I watched it, I felt like I did when I watched "Accepted".
  7. KR
    Aug 21, 2008
    I don't really understand the negative ratings. This was a really fun movie. Does everything have to be so deep and meaning ful to get a good score? Who doesn't like to just go out after a hard day and laugh? Teddy Geiger is a an up and coming pop idol-doesn't hurt that he looks like a Jonas Bro, even though I'm far too old to like them. This movie was good times, bottom line.
  8. CameronS.
    Aug 22, 2008
    A surprisingly good movie with a surprisingly good soundtrack and a surprisingly weak ending.
  9. AimeeC.
    Aug 26, 2008
    I loved this movie ! It made me laugh the whole way through!
  10. MattN.
    Nov 23, 2009
    Funny, Great Music, Thoughtful, Touching - What are the critics problems? - They should just start enjoying more and critiquing less. Maybe be a little more like they were when they were younger. This was a very good, thoughtful and funny movie with some pretty darn good talent on screen.
  11. KaylaG
    Jan 27, 2009
    This movie made me feel good inside.
  12. Dec 5, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. by Jared from jaredstuff.com:
    Which movie should you watch this week? You should watch this one: Rocker, a feel-good comedy from 2008 starring Dwight K. Schrute from The Office, a.k.a. Rainn Wilson from real life. Rainnâ
  13. Jan 5, 2011
    I was flicking through the channels bored, and then I caught this movie on in one of of the movie channels. And I was really entertained. It's a great movie.
  14. Nov 21, 2014
    It was nice to see Rainn Wilson in a lead role in a movie after gaining recognition for his role in the office. I've always had the dreams of being a rock star so this movie was very relatable to me. Wilson was sort of the shining star on this cast. The group were truly more of a pop band in the film but it was good for some laughs.

1. Reviewed by: Sam Adams
    For the most part, The Rocker is content to simply keep the beat, marking time as the summer movie season moves on.
  2. Wilson works overtime to hold Peter Cattaneo's flimsy comedy together.
    This familiar scenario works because of well-written and acted characters. The disciplined direction is by Peter Cattaneo, who tackled somewhat similar material in "The Full Monty" a decade ago.