6.1

1. Jul 15, 2013
    The Romantics was very boring. I thought it wasn't dramatic enough and it could have done better. The plot has been over done. I did think the cast line-up was great though. I recognized stars like Katie Holmes, Josh Duhamel, Anna Paquin, Malin Akerman, Elijah Wood, Adam Brody, and Diana Agron. I am not a fan of Katie Holmes, but I would have to say she did an impressive job. I think itThe Romantics was very boring. I thought it wasn't dramatic enough and it could have done better. The plot has been over done. I did think the cast line-up was great though. I recognized stars like Katie Holmes, Josh Duhamel, Anna Paquin, Malin Akerman, Elijah Wood, Adam Brody, and Diana Agron. I am not a fan of Katie Holmes, but I would have to say she did an impressive job. I think it failed because it was to predictable. I don't think this is would appeal to many people and I wouldn't recommend it. Expand
  2. Mar 19, 2012
    Hoped for a romantic comedy/drama that had something to it, but it was utterly vapid. The characters (and actors) were very one dimensional. I was beyond bored within the first 15 minutes watching self-absorbed people get themselves into, and out out of, predictable situations. I toughed it out only because I thought my significant other was enjoying it only to find out that we bothHoped for a romantic comedy/drama that had something to it, but it was utterly vapid. The characters (and actors) were very one dimensional. I was beyond bored within the first 15 minutes watching self-absorbed people get themselves into, and out out of, predictable situations. I toughed it out only because I thought my significant other was enjoying it only to find out that we both thought the same thing at the end. Do not waste your time. Expand
  3. Apr 13, 2011
    I was hoping for a entertaining thoughtful romantic movie and what I got was a tragedy. The characters were a tragedy, the plot was a tragedy, and the whole experience was a tragedy. Pass on this one unless you are a drama queen.
  4. Feb 28, 2011
    the romantics fares better as an in-flight entertainment or an hour long season finale to dawson's creek rather than the indie flick it tries hard to portray itself as. Akerman & Brody scenes create the only spark throughout the movie even though their characters are also as predictable and shallow as the rest.
  5. Feb 27, 2011
    In a weird way I loved this film. It was authentic and very entertaining. It is not your common Romantic film. Passion I think it is the tone of the film, because it is what the movie is about, not only love but passion and what it can do to a group of friends.
  6. Sep 24, 2010
    This movie surprised me by how much I liked it. I saw it almost completely because of the amazing cast, with very little prior knowledge. The story, I thought was really good. It was realistic, and maybe a little cheesy, but it worked. The acting was very good. The target audience for this was definitely adult, even though it is rated PG-13, and only adults would really connect to it. IThis movie surprised me by how much I liked it. I saw it almost completely because of the amazing cast, with very little prior knowledge. The story, I thought was really good. It was realistic, and maybe a little cheesy, but it worked. The acting was very good. The target audience for this was definitely adult, even though it is rated PG-13, and only adults would really connect to it. I was very shocked to see that my theater was packed and that at the door to the movie they were giving away movie theater size posters of the movies. Overall, I highly recommend this movie, especially for mature audiences. Expand

1. Clumsy camera work adds to the pre-wedding jitters in writer-director Galt Niederhoffer's pashmina-thin drama about attractive self-congratulatory Yale alumni gathering for the nuptials of two of their own.
    I wanted Paquin, who deserves better than this, to call on her vampire pals from "True Blood" and yell, "sic em!" Oh wait, they're already bloodless.
    It is uncertain, though, how this material is served by disheveled cinematography, shooting handheld on the Hi 8 camcorder I had in high school, apparently editing on two VCRs, and flooding the mix with Forever 21 dressing-room music.