Wiseau-Films | Release Date: July 18, 2003
5.2
Mixed or average reviews based on 235 Ratings
Watch Now
SonictheJediFeb 12, 2018
The room is the best movie EVAR! Evaryboby in da world needs to watch DA ROOM!
OfficialLunaticJan 18, 2018
There is so much emotion in this movie, as seen in the part where Johnny says "You are tearing me apart Lisa!" I give this comedy movie a 10 because of the drama and suspense from how awesomely bad it is.
Kevinxavier08Jan 11, 2018
The room isn't simply a 'so bad it's good' film. It's 'so bad it's a masterpiece' kind of film!
hugolonbJan 3, 2018
One of the greatest **** movies ever written and more incredibly: MADE! PEOPLE MADE THIS MOVIE! Apparently it took them six months to shoot and that is the beautiful part of this. Tommy Wiseau (The lead actor, writer, director, producer andOne of the greatest **** movies ever written and more incredibly: MADE! PEOPLE MADE THIS MOVIE! Apparently it took them six months to shoot and that is the beautiful part of this. Tommy Wiseau (The lead actor, writer, director, producer and visionary) loves film, even though he gets it badly wrong. Or right, I suppose. Watch this movie. Please do. You will certainly enjoy it. Expand
gietekDec 28, 2017
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand 'The Room'. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head.
No, seriously, you have to be fairly
No, seriously, you have to be fairly intelligent to find this film funny. All of it is completely unintentional. Tommy Wiseau looks at the world through alien glasses. His total lack of self-critique, his almost perfect confidence in his writing/acting/directing is staggering. Not a single thing in 'The Room' is what it's meant to be. Jokes aren't funny, serious moments are hilarious, sex scenes are all the same and off-putting. It takes the one and only Tommy Wiseau to do what others simply can't. This isn't 'a poo on a stick' type of art. This is an attempt to create another Mona Lisa by someone whose painting skills stopped developing at the age of 5. I had a tremendous fun watching this movie. I give it 9/10 only because it wasn't longer. All hail the true galactic overlord Tommy Wiseau!!
DeranfanDec 19, 2017
There are movies that are so bad that they become good again, The Room is one of them. It’s a great source of memes providing us with memorable lines like: “YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!”, “I did not hit her, it's not true! It's **** I didThere are movies that are so bad that they become good again, The Room is one of them. It’s a great source of memes providing us with memorable lines like: “YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!”, “I did not hit her, it's not true! It's **** I did not hit her! [throws water bottle] I did *not*. Oh hi, Mark.”, “Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.”, “No, I can't. Anyway, how is your sex life?” and “Hi, doggy.” Expand
MyklFriedchickeNov 28, 2017
Wow this movies sucks. You know what doesnt? The Disaster Artist, in theathers near you December 7th! Watch James Franco act like actually good for once *couch* Spiderman trilogy *cough* and see how this masterpiece of a film was made.
LinttaFlamingoNov 25, 2017
This movie is the absolute masterpiece of terribleness and hilarity and complete **** which of course means that it's a complete blast to watch! The acting, the script, the directing, everything about this movie is so weird and out of placeThis movie is the absolute masterpiece of terribleness and hilarity and complete **** which of course means that it's a complete blast to watch! The acting, the script, the directing, everything about this movie is so weird and out of place that it's impossible to take seriously. It's obvious why this movie has become such a cult hit. There's a fantastic book called The Disaster Artist (now also a movie) which tells about the making of this... "thing" and also about the friendship between the director, Tommy Wiseau, and the actor who plays Mark, Greg Sestero. I highly recommend it and I also recommend watching this movie just so you can say that you've seen The Room, you'll love it. Expand
HTGamerOct 16, 2017
Tommy Wiseau's The Room is the ultimate drama movie.

Tommy Wiseau's The Room is the ultimate drama movie.

It's a human story about a love triangle and infidelity. It's got everything. Sex scenes involving the bellybutton, people tossing footballs around, tuxedos, underwears, infidelity, cassette tapes, chicken sounds, rooftop scenes, accusations of domestic abuse, drug dealers, a psychologist, a cute doggie in a flowershop, even pillowfights.

But most of all, it's full of unforgettable one-liners. From You are tearing me apart Lisa (a reference to James Dean, a favorite actor of Tommy Wiseau), to How's your sex life. From You are just a little chicken chiiiip chipchipchip chiiiiiip, to I just like to watch you guys. From I 'm tired I 'm wasted I love you darling, to Keep your stupid comments in your pocket. The moment Johnny utters "Hahaha what a story Mark" after he was told about a woman who was severely beaten by one of her 12 lovers is glorious. Even more glorious is the "I did not hit her. [...] Oh hi Mark!" scene. Not to mention the epic scene where the enraged and fed-up-with-this-world Johnny smashes his apartment. Absolutely thrilling moments, all of them.

As Johnny himself would say, if more people watched The Room (as well as read Greg Sestero's biographical book The Disaster Artist and watch the upcoming movie with James Franco), the world would be a better place to live.
bfoore90Jul 21, 2017
You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

YOURE NOT MY **** MOTHER

I did not hit her, it's not true! It's **** I did not hit her!

enough said
ExtrimemanJul 7, 2017
YOU TEARING ME APART LISA!
This is **** I did not hit her, I did not. Oh, hi Mark!
Tommy Wiseau - truly,a genius of filmmaking.

Anyway how is your sex life.
ReviewScopeApr 29, 2017
An emotional rollercoaster, a beautifully executed classic that has gone down in history as a cult classic. I have watched this movie billions of times, and will never think twice about re-watching it even more in the future. Masterpiece.
royben14Apr 27, 2017
Just like the best pieces of Shakespeare The Room is filled with drama.
Just like the best film by Kubrick The Room is directed to perfection.
Just like the best script written by Sorkin The Room has perfectionist writing. Just like the best
Just like the best pieces of Shakespeare The Room is filled with drama.
Just like the best film by Kubrick The Room is directed to perfection.
Just like the best script written by Sorkin The Room has perfectionist writing.
Just like the best sonata by Beethoven The Room's score is masterfully done.

To conclude, this film made me, a blind deaf man, more than happy.
LatinCritic13Apr 8, 2017
After watching The Room, I got myself thinking "why in the hell did I watch this movie?" However, it turns out that after watching this film by Tommy Wiseau, it lead to a realization why the poor acting, directing, production, and the writingAfter watching The Room, I got myself thinking "why in the hell did I watch this movie?" However, it turns out that after watching this film by Tommy Wiseau, it lead to a realization why the poor acting, directing, production, and the writing became a cultural phenomenon that literally had me laughing in tears. To be honest, I would rate this film a 0, but I decided to give it a 10 because of it's laughable quality of satire. This movie without a doubt, is considered to be the greatest bad movie ever made. Expand
Liam-ReviewsMar 14, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ,nvjlh,kbjn.kjhlug.kyftdrytf,ygkuhlij;oihgufytdrytfygkuhlij;ok;';jlhigkufjydtsrdfyugihojk'pj;ohlgkjhgf.jhgfhcgxgcjvhbnm,k/ljk.h,jbcgn fxdzxbfvcnbmn,m.mnmbvcbnvxzx zdxfgfhgjhkjhgjfhdgfxzdsszdxfcgvhc vbvhcgx Expand
SpicyMemeMar 6, 2017
this movie is an instant classic buy it because its p good also tommy's butt is p nice. I watched this and obtained so many one liners and its a great meme to quote all the time people will love you
DirpytheswagJan 16, 2016
This movie was so horrible, that it's amazing! I hated it so much and it was so badly made, that it goes up there in the best worst movies! Like Birdemic: Shock and Terror and the Star Wars Holiday Special, the best of the worst! A classicThis movie was so horrible, that it's amazing! I hated it so much and it was so badly made, that it goes up there in the best worst movies! Like Birdemic: Shock and Terror and the Star Wars Holiday Special, the best of the worst! A classic and a masterpiece. If only we could get a sequel. Expand
MikaBeeWallNov 17, 2015
BEST MOVIE 20/10 SO GOOD BETTER THEN THE GODFATHER INCREDIBLE BEST MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH IT SO GOOOOOOD!!!!!! SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThePotatoezNov 16, 2015
Tommy Wiseau's The Room is utterly glorious! It's comedically bad, to a sense where me and my friends constantly reference it's... Well, itself. It's unbelievably bad, it had me rolling in the floor constantly, I can't say I've laughed asTommy Wiseau's The Room is utterly glorious! It's comedically bad, to a sense where me and my friends constantly reference it's... Well, itself. It's unbelievably bad, it had me rolling in the floor constantly, I can't say I've laughed as hard ANYWHERE else, I wholeheartedly recommend watching this movie with any of your unsuspecting friends, I've watched it three times already, it doesn't ever loos it's magic. It truly is legendary! Expand
cameronhiseyOct 1, 2015
I'm not giving this movie an 8 because this movie is good; no no no no no. This movie is WAAAY far from good. The reason why I am giving this movie an 8, is because this movie tries so hard to be a drama, but it comes off as a melodrama, withI'm not giving this movie an 8 because this movie is good; no no no no no. This movie is WAAAY far from good. The reason why I am giving this movie an 8, is because this movie tries so hard to be a drama, but it comes off as a melodrama, with hilariously bad acting, dialogue, and a few scenes are so memorable for being notoriously bad:

The Flower Shop Scene:

"Uh hi can I get a dozen red roses please?"
"Oh hi Johnny I didn't know it was you."
"Here you go."
"That's me."
"How much is it?"
"It'll be $18-"
"Here you go keep the change. Hi doggie."
"You're my favorite customer."
Thanks a lot bye."

And then the Rooftop Scene:

"I did not hit her it's not true. It's **** I did not hit her. I deed NAAAT...oh hi Mark!"

XD
See, with this movie, you have to see to believe how bad this movie is. I really think you should check this out.
omar_2oooSep 22, 2015
This film is absolutely brilliant. The cinematography and green screen effects are superb. I love the bit where Spagget spooks Johnny, and then cheeky Denny walks in while shoving a toaster where the sun don't shine. But then Lisa walks inThis film is absolutely brilliant. The cinematography and green screen effects are superb. I love the bit where Spagget spooks Johnny, and then cheeky Denny walks in while shoving a toaster where the sun don't shine. But then Lisa walks in because to bark at everyone, which satisfies Mark. But Saujanic is having none of it and uses the speakeasy to kill Lisa, while simultaneously saying, "BUT! BUT! BUT! SPEAKEASY!!!" Then shortly afterwards, Naruto comes in and scopes Pingu, who is smoking a massive joint. But Robbie Rotten isn't having any of this either, and grabs Stephanie and Sportacus and hurls them at Denny. Deny iss deed. Jhnny rns ova tu hm nd shds a single tear. Expand
AngoTangoSep 22, 2015
This movie really defines anime and shows how far animation has come in recent times. Tommy Wiseau is a top-notch voice actor and makes you really believe that anime could overtake live-action. If i had to compare this to other anime, it isThis movie really defines anime and shows how far animation has come in recent times. Tommy Wiseau is a top-notch voice actor and makes you really believe that anime could overtake live-action. If i had to compare this to other anime, it is very similar to Bananas in Pajamas and Lazy Town, but the animation is not as good as sportacus. 10/10 Expand
ovovfreebandzSep 22, 2015
This is a brilliant anime. I loved every hand drawn illustration on the screen. Hayao Miyazaki has cited The Room as one of his biggest inspirations and one of the best films of all time. I loved the part where Picachu kills Naruto. InThis is a brilliant anime. I loved every hand drawn illustration on the screen. Hayao Miyazaki has cited The Room as one of his biggest inspirations and one of the best films of all time. I loved the part where Picachu kills Naruto. In summary this film gets a 10 out of 10. ブッシュは9月の第十をしました Expand
BroteinSep 13, 2015
I can't tell whether this movie is actually good or bad for the life of me. Sure, it's technically a sh*tty romantic drama, but what about the enigma of the... thing known only by his Earth name, Tommy Wiseau? What about the thousands uponI can't tell whether this movie is actually good or bad for the life of me. Sure, it's technically a sh*tty romantic drama, but what about the enigma of the... thing known only by his Earth name, Tommy Wiseau? What about the thousands upon thousands of folklorish tales that surround The Room's mere existence? And so few lines uttered in all of cinematic history have such unique recognition as "You are tearing me apart, Lisa!"

This, along with Troll 2, is one of the few movies that blurs the line between what's "bad" and what's "good". I can't even score the f*cking thing. Does it deserve a 0? Or a 10?

10 it is. Or 0. Or 10. 10. 10. Yep, 10.
pwp20Aug 2, 2015
Overall impression: This film is a must-watch. 10/10 for entertainment-value.

Too many hilarious quotes, too many head-scratching wtf moments, too much indescribable acting. A gold mine for anyone who wants to go meta on a film. If your
Overall impression: This film is a must-watch. 10/10 for entertainment-value.

If your sense of humour toys with the absurd, you will not regret watching this unique piece of work.
VinceRocks123Jun 26, 2015
OMG! this is a film unlike any other "worst movie ever made". YES the acting is terrible the writing is ridiculous, yet its Tommy Wiseau's charismatic laughable acting that drags this film to higher standards than I expected.

A Tennesse

A Tennesse Williams inspired romantic drama, about a happy go lucky banker (Wiseau) whose life begins to tear apart when his fiancee begins cheating on his handsome best friend (Greg Sestero)

A film that is too ridiculous in writing and everyone doing a terrible job done in acting, its too good mainly because of everything being bad in it thats hilarious, it isn't deniable, this film is a blessing from the garbage dump, no one can make a movie in the form of a complete joke that you can't resist watching it more than twice, no one can make a film so bad but in a good way (not even Martin Brest) as this, the worst acting ever caught on film, is a work of art by a mysterious genius whose nationality is still a mystery.

Lots of hilarious lines and many memorable punchlines its a film that you'll have to see to believe in it being "Citizen Kane" of terrible movies and is standing high and well with other half successful triumphs such as Troll2 Birdemic and Plan 9 that were bad yet gained major interest from the public anyway.

Its the Holy Grail of cheesy acting, the #1 successful failure in Hollywood history, its a masterpiece of a disaster that was bound to happen for a good reason and really deserves having its massive cult following.
Shady313Mar 22, 2015
10/10 (This movie is horrible, but it's a masterpiece. So bad it's good) .............................................................................
LaraRNov 17, 2014
This film was an outstanding work of art. But as much as I'd hate to, I will not write every detail about what I loved about this film and just go straight to the point. It is the best worst film ever made.
DJGrant310Oct 6, 2014
The Room is a movie that is so bad, that it's good! The "Humor" the movie bring is so unintentional, that I laugh at that! This Movie defines everything that you want in a movie, in fact, the movie is SO GOOD, IT BAD, lol.
JamisInsomiaJul 10, 2014
This wort a watch because not only it's horrible it funny. The story is not even a story its really a rejected horror movie or a rejected drama movie because this genre Tommy Wiseau though this is drama but really it a Horror-Comedy Movie.This wort a watch because not only it's horrible it funny. The story is not even a story its really a rejected horror movie or a rejected drama movie because this genre Tommy Wiseau though this is drama but really it a Horror-Comedy Movie. The sex scene are funny he f**king his "Future Wife" in the belly button. Really if Mr. Wiseau ever want to make a film he make a sequel. I rate this movie a F for drama but an A+ for comedy. Expand