5.5

1. Jul 29, 2014
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen. And that makes it one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. The acting is so wooden. The script so silly. The camera isn't that bad to be honest. The only reason I am not rating this higher, is because there are parts that are so bad they are just horrible. If you are making this movie, watch this movie so that you know that at lest you are doing something right. Expand
  2. Jul 10, 2014
    This wort a watch because not only it's horrible it funny. The story is not even a story its really a rejected horror movie or a rejected drama movie because this genre Tommy Wiseau though this is drama but really it a Horror-Comedy Movie. The sex scene are funny he f**king his "Future Wife" in the belly button. Really if Mr. Wiseau ever want to make a film he make a sequel. I rate this movie a F for drama but an A+ for comedy. Expand
  3. Jun 27, 2014
    Ohhh my god. This movie. This movie is like a gruesome, horrible train-wreck. You can't look away.

It is easily the worst film I've ever seen. I've seen elementary school plays that had better direction and more cohesive plot than this. Not to mention the acting. Oh god, the acting. Everything about this is just powerfully bad.

But honestly... I'm glad that I watched it. It was just
    so bad, my husband and I were rolling on the floor every five minutes. It's even better if you watch it with Rifftrax.

Seriously. There is nothing technically good about this movie. That's why it gets a zero. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't watch it. Watch it. Do it. Seriously.
  4. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the movie Citizen Kane could have been. What Mozart did for music, Tommy Wiseau has done for film making; he has changed the landscape of the romcom forever. Hats off to you, Tommy.
  5. May 7, 2014
    Tommy Wiseau's masterpiece of awfulness, his symphony of confusion, his compilation of true cinematic terror, takes the cake for "Best Worst Movie Ever". The movie is just so bone-chillingly, rage-inducing-ly dismal that it becomes funny after a while. You have to wonder how a movie like this could ever be made. And the fact that Wiseau was serious when he made this picture makes it all the more entertaining. This is "The Godfather" of bad movies. I would give it a 0/100, and a 100/100 at the same time, so I'll meet it halfway. Expand
  6. Apr 29, 2014
    In terms of quality its a 1/10. Everything about this movie is poorly done. But, in terms of enjoyment its a 9 or a 10. Its easily one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. So I give it a 5. There ya go.
  7. Mar 13, 2014
    "ANYWAYS HOW IS YOUR SEX LIFE?"

This will always be the cream of the crop when it comes to so bad it's good movies. You can watch this with anyone and have a good time just laughing hilariously at how awful it is. If you have never seen it you need to. Yes it's very very very stupid but it's just so perfect in it's own awful way.
  8. Mar 8, 2014
    Oh, goddamn, this movie was so awful. Tommy Wiseau, the director of this film, was also an actor. I'm going to say this right now. He is the worst actor I have seen my entire life.
  9. Dec 16, 2013
    No movie could possibly be this bad by accident.

I submit that Tommy Wiseau—or at least the people who could have stopped him but didn't—set out to produce the single crappiest piece of cinema ever made, possibly as a send-up of the contemporary standards. Assuming that unparalleled mediocrity was his aim, I give this film a perfect 10. My mind actually refuses to believe otherwise,
    because it would take a psychotic mind—nay, a gathering of several—to look at this and go "this is good."

The entire cast is absurdly bad at acting... the script could have been written by a grade-schooler... the dark soundtrack plays at the most pointless times, and disappears when it's needed... the "moments of insight" in the dialogue are impossibly cliched and shallow... the story takes 100 minutes to do what it could in 10... unintentionally side-splitting sex scenes are interwoven with boyish football tossing scenes while the remaining 30% of running time (a.k.a. the most insipid plot ever, anywhere, ever) spins its wheels at or under 1 mph... the English-speaking cast is dubbed over in, well, English...

You reach bad movie nirvana when protagonist Johnny actually says another character's lines while the latter's voice is still dubbed in

It's as if Wiseau wanted people to experience what happens when the absolute worst of everything comes together. Worst actors, worst director, worst screenwriter, worst lighting, worst editing, worst cameramen, and poof! Genius.

Nobody anywhere could ever make a worst movie no matter how hard they tried. In my humble opinion, that's why The Room is a monumental success. I mean, anybody could throw a handful of crap at a wall, but it takes a special kind of person to evenly paint the entire room with it.
  10. Dec 12, 2013
    This movie is right up there with Birdemic in the category of "how is this a thing?" movies. The acting is crappy in its best moments, the set pieces are shoddy at best, and it contains so many WTF moments, I can't count them all. And why does Tommy Wiseau read lines HE WROTE like he doesn't understand them? WTF?
  11. Nov 23, 2013
    Oh God, this movie sucks............................................................................................and thats why you should watch it.
  12. Sep 23, 2013
    This movie is bad. Just downright bad. Every single aspect of it is just horrible. The writing, the acting, the music choices in most of the scenes. Everything in this movie is wrong. But that's what makes it so great. It just so horrible and pretentious that you can't help but laugh and enjoy the movie. Okay, most people would probably get a headache from watching it, but a fair share of people will also get a good laugh out of it. Now if you are gonna get into filming, I recommend you give this movie a watch. Just so you can learn what NOT to do when you make a movie Expand
  13. Jul 7, 2013
    Wiseau's masterpiece of a movie will certainly be remembered in the years to come. It is one of if not the most unintentionally comedic movie watching experiences I've ever seen. Words alone cannot do it justice. You have to experience it to understand. If you're a fan of movies like Troll 2, Silent Night Deadly Night part 2, Poolboy, or FDR American Badass then this is the movie for you.
  14. Jul 4, 2013
    This movie is so awful it is hilarious, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the movie is awful. There is literally nothing good about this movie.
  15. May 15, 2013
    The Room is the king of "So Bad It's Good" cinema. Cringeworthy dialogue, acting, dubbing, story, and more are to be found (and laughed at) in the best worst movie ever.
  16. May 6, 2013
    The best movie I've ever watched in my entire life. The story... was beautiful. It was so in depth and original but the thing that really sold it for me was the acting. Simply amazing. If you are a fan of any type of movie ever, this is definitely for you.
  17. Apr 18, 2013
    Yes, The Room is pretty damn hilarious, but being hilarious doesn't make up for fact that this movie is just downright horrible; there is just no redeeming quality about the film at all. An utterly painful experience; I am definitely sure I lost ever brain cell that I have watching this.
  18. Apr 10, 2013
    This is an excellent movie, top-notch cinematography and acting, nuanced characters, well-structured dialog and character arcs- so, anyways, how is your sex life?
  19. Apr 10, 2013
    I am so glad I have this movie as my best movie, and I love Tommy so much. If you don't like then you are just a little chicken, cheep cheep cheep cheee---eeeeee-eep.
  20. Mar 22, 2013
    The Room is one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. The only reason that it gets the two is the scene where they play football, two feet from each other in tuxedos.
  21. Mar 12, 2013
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  22. Dec 14, 2012
    YES!!! CLASSIC MOVIE!!! Gets better every time you see it, because you start to notice more mistakes. Nothing about Tommy Wiseau is normal, and keep in mind that he has done other stuff too, so go watch The House That Drips Blood on Alex and all of his youtube channels. What a legend. Go watch The Room by tomorrow if you enjoy hearing phrases like, "I cain't confrunt hur. I want to giv her secund chance after all shes my futur waif. You know what dey say, lov is blind." Expand
  23. Sep 29, 2012
    Call me crazy, but this movie is sooooo bad that it's a masterpiece. The horrible acting, dialogue and story makes it so fun to watch and laugh at. Especially with friends. This is ironic because usually when there's a bad film, you want to avoid it, but with this one, everyone should check it out.
  24. Jul 29, 2012
    "The Room" is truly a terrible film, it is even more atrocious than any film Uwe Boll could have made. The acting is downright awful, especially actor/director/producer Tommy Wiseau's acting, his performnce is downright awful, it is so amaturely done and he is really creepy and can't speak english worth crap but all the other actors are pretty bad, this is the definative opposite of an Oscar-Calibur Production. The dialogue is as bad as the acting as it seems like an elementary schooler wrote them and 70% of the time what the characters are conversing about doesn't even make sense along with several pointless scenes that serve no purpose to the story. Several plot points are brought up and then quickly forgotten, and there are some "filler" scenes that serve no purpose at all and they make the movie unnecessarily longer than it should have been. Some characters are never even introduced so you'll be thinking who are they and what exactly is their role? The cinematography and quality of the film sucks too, it is obvious in certain scenes that they are behind a green screen and the characters do some stuff that is never really explained (for example: Dressing in a tuxedo and then playing football and doing normal things while wearing it but not ever really finding out why they did wear them in the first place.) What is that supposed to be saying about the idea? The movie after a while can get really boring because it fails to grip you as I was already losing interest before even the first fifteen minutes of the film. There are countless complaints that I can think of for this movie, Wiseau got just about everything wrong but all of these screw-ups do make the film unintentionaly funny and it doesn't help that the film takes itself too seriously and the main plot, it tried to have a good idea going, I give it credit for that, but there were just so many holes and inconsistencies that it fails miserably. Overall, one word to describe "The Room" would be "Awful", I have never seen a bigger disgrace and failure of a film before. Absolutely the worst film I have ever seen. Only watch this film if you want something laughably bad to watch, otherwise don't watch this film. Verdict: 10/100 Expand
  25. Jul 12, 2012
    Wiseau may very well be the worst actor ever to be on screen. The characters are ridiculous, the plot is indescribable and the dialogue is just downright unbelievable (not in a good way). The only thing that the movie had going for it was it was so bad, it was kind of entertaining.
  26. Jul 5, 2012
    In one word: Wow. This film is just... It gets everything wrong. The acting is wrong, the writing is wrong, the directing is wrong, but it makes this film so much of a laugh that it just catches me off guard every time with clips on Youtube, like the infamous flower shop scene or the part on the roof with Mark. There isn't anything I can really say about this movie which hasn't already been said about it, but with friends this film is less of something to avoid, but something of near infinite hilarity, with moments so funny you will have to pause the movie just so you can watch it normally again, utterly laughable moments are almost constant too, not just the odd few clips you see around the web, the WHOLE movie is like this. If you have some friends and stuff around, you cannot pass this movie up if they all find those little clips of the film funny, despite how bad it is, I would watch it with a group of friends any time, I would rate it lower for being an absolute abomination of a film, but its just so laughable that I can grant it a four. Expand
  27. May 27, 2012
    This movie...is interesting. Terrible writing. Terrible story. Terrible acting. Just all around a movie that is a pain to watch. However, it is so bad that The Room is good. Its campy-ness will drag you back for a second watching, but after that it will sit for a while.
  28. Mar 1, 2012
    Tommy Wiseau is captivating writer who shows it in the movie by tackling the story of good man with a good life and good friends who has been betrayed from everything he though he would never lose. Love.

I felt melancholic state watching through and through as Johnny tried to make life for everyone around him better even as it crumbled around him. His adopted little brother Denny tries
    drugs, his mother in law gets cancer, he has new baby on the way, and his long time love is lying and cheating on him. You can only feel sympathy for Johnny engages the dealer in combat. At the end I felt hearbroker at Johnny's self destruction and can only recommend this movie for the rest of my life Expand
  29. Feb 19, 2012
    I'm only giving it a five because even though it's absolutely hilarious, it is still a very horrible film. Everything is done wrong. The acting, story, pacing, direction, writing, editing and cinematography are ridiculously bad but the irony is that its numerous amount of flaws makes this film unintentionaly funny. The best thing about this movie is Tommy Wiseau, the director, producer, the writer and the main star. He is probably the worst actor to ever grace films but his bad acting is just hypnotizingly fascinating to watch. Only watch this film solely because while it takes itself seriously, it completely backfires and becomes an unintentionally hilarious bad film instead of a proper film and if you do, you will get a laugh out of it. Expand
  30. Feb 9, 2012
    This is obviously a good movie not because of top notch acting, interesting plot, and insane action. No, this movie is so great because at how laughable this movie really is. In order to enjoy this movie, you honestly need to like this type of humor because if you watched this movie with a serious tone, of course it's gonna suck. It's so bad you'll love it. I sure as heck did
  31. Jan 14, 2012
    God bless you Tommy Wiseau, you mad genius. The world just isn't ready for filmmaking of this calibre. This movie is so good, it's tearing me apart.
  32. Jan 13, 2012
    A TROOO MASSTER PIECE.

Okay, enough. The movie...is terrible. Nobody is arguing with that. What redeems it is the fact that it's so blindingly bad that is wraps around and becomes a masterpiece! It's hilarious! It's hysterical! It makes you laugh because Wiseau's accent is just so thick! The actin is awful! Everything is wrong! AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
  33. Oct 17, 2011
    This film is a misunderstood masterpiece. Yes its badly written, directed, acted, dubbed and every other aspect of film making. But its so entertaining because of this, especially with a group of friends. Its much, much, much funnier than most comedy films today.
  34. Oct 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've frequently heard about movies that are categorized as being "so bad that it's good." However, this was my first experience with such a movie so I'm somewhat stumped in how to approach this review. It really is a terrible movie. Words cannot really describe the terribleness, but I will attempt it nonetheless. 1. The actors are terrible. The characters they portray are idiotic beyond the measure of a Stanford-Binet test. There's one character (excluding the main character who... again, words escape me in trying to describe the terrible acting) who is just downright creepy and just left me with an urge to punch the screen. Random plot points are quickly introduced, forgotten just as quickly. A character mentions they have a terminal disease. One sentence. You will never hear about it again thereafter. One scene involves a classy costume change for a group of men for an unexplained reason. Plot be damned, this movie defies logic. And the dialogue. I don't even know where to start on the dialogue. Really, this movie leaves me confused in that it's difficult for me to explain the terribleness of the film when you haven't seen it. But if you watch it, didn't the self proclaimed writer/producer/executive producer/director/composer/cinematographer/genius, Tommy Wiseau get what he wanted? Doesn't that actually make him some sort of deranged genius? It's the little things really, like giving this movie any score above a 5 that will eventually add up to create societal collapse, and our grandchildren will curse us for it. Expand
  35. Sep 27, 2011
    The Room....I just don't know how to describe this...garbage. The worst part about this film is that the director/star/executive producer/producer/writer Tommy Wiseau thinks he's making a modern masterpiece and I'm sure he is surprised that this didn't get Oscar attention. See this movie only to laugh at how horribly bad it is. If you don't like laughing at bad movies, burn every copy of the film you find. Expand
  36. Sep 23, 2011
    One of the best movies ever made. By far the most stunning and incredible story ever concieved. The characters are all extremely well preformed and deeply integrated in the city of San Fransico. The line "You are tearing me apart, Lisa!" has to be, by far, the most emotion I've heard in any movie ever made. The anger, passion, love, hate, dedication, and love in that line was so overwhelming, I actually had to pause the movie due to my blood pressure increasing extremely fast. Over all, I'd die for this movie. Expand
  37. Sep 23, 2011
    This movie is very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very, good.
  38. Sep 21, 2011
    This is the greatest movie of all time. It has great story structure, and keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. I can't stress how excellent the cast members are espacially Tommy Wiseau. If you have not seen this movie, than you must go out and buy it, buy all the available copies, and give it to your relatives as a christmas present.
  39. Aug 28, 2011
    You know that foreign exchange student from high school who used to creep out all the girls with his clumsy leering and broken-English pick-up lines? Well, he's all grown up and somebody gave him money to make a film. Tommy Wiseau, whose accent could best be described as "half-drunk Croatian cyborg", stars as Johnny, the man with the most sculpted ass in all of San Francisco. His girlfriend Lisa, played by oft-topless Juliette Danielle, seduces his best friend, played by department store mannequin Greg Sestero. To go any farther with the plot would be overdignifying this laugh-out-loud crapfest. Imagine a two-hour episode of "Red Shoe Diaries" written and directed by Balki from "Perfect Strangers". Trust me, this is the worst movie you will ever see ever in your entire life. Ever. But is it pathetically awful or sadistically hilarious? What you think will depend on your life experiences and viewpoint. But we can all agree, it's a big, steaming nut-filled turd. Expand
  40. Aug 19, 2011
    Say What you want about The Room it surly isnt for everyone but even thought the acting is Bad the movie will Provide Laughs and is Entertaining Enough to keep you watching and it definatly isnt a Great movie but it is One of The Best of Th Worst
  41. Jul 21, 2011
    The Room is a masterpiece of bad movies, one which actually made Tommy Wiseau change the genre from straight-up drama to a pitch-black comedy. But I think we all know the reason we watched the film in the first place: to say that you've watched The Room! In the same vein of Birdemic and Plan 9, this movie has no dramatic value whatsoever. I can safely say, there were laughs all the way through when I watched this cinematic **** But at its heart, this movie was Tommy's best shot, and I respect him for that. Keep on making movies, Mr. Wiseau. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    May 30, 2011
    The Room marks the writing-directing-acting debut of Tommy Wiseau, who's not just one of the most unusual looking and sounding (with an unidentifiable Eastern European accent) leading men ever to grace the screen, but a narcissist nonpareil whose movie makes Vincent Gallo's "The Brown Bunny" seem the apotheosis of cinematic self-restraint.