5.2

1. Jul 10, 2014
    This wort a watch because not only it's horrible it funny. The story is not even a story its really a rejected horror movie or a rejected drama movie because this genre Tommy Wiseau though this is drama but really it a Horror-Comedy Movie. The sex scene are funny he f**king his "Future Wife" in the belly button. Really if Mr. Wiseau ever want to make a film he make a sequel. I rate this movie a F for drama but an A+ for comedy. Expand
  2. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the movie Citizen Kane could have been. What Mozart did for music, Tommy Wiseau has done for film making; he has changed the landscape of the romcom forever. Hats off to you, Tommy.
  3. Mar 13, 2014
    "ANYWAYS HOW IS YOUR SEX LIFE?"

This will always be the cream of the crop when it comes to so bad it's good movies. You can watch this with anyone and have a good time just laughing hilariously at how awful it is. If you have never seen it you need to. Yes it's very very very stupid but it's just so perfect in it's own awful way.
  4. Dec 16, 2013
    No movie could possibly be this bad by accident.

I submit that Tommy Wiseau—or at least the people who could have stopped him but didn't—set out to produce the single crappiest piece of cinema ever made, possibly as a send-up of the contemporary standards. Assuming that unparalleled mediocrity was his aim, I give this film a perfect 10. My mind actually refuses to believe otherwise,
    because it would take a psychotic mind—nay, a gathering of several—to look at this and go "this is good."

The entire cast is absurdly bad at acting... the script could have been written by a grade-schooler... the dark soundtrack plays at the most pointless times, and disappears when it's needed... the "moments of insight" in the dialogue are impossibly cliched and shallow... the story takes 100 minutes to do what it could in 10... unintentionally side-splitting sex scenes are interwoven with boyish football tossing scenes while the remaining 30% of running time (a.k.a. the most insipid plot ever, anywhere, ever) spins its wheels at or under 1 mph... the English-speaking cast is dubbed over in, well, English...

You reach bad movie nirvana when protagonist Johnny actually says another character's lines while the latter's voice is still dubbed in

It's as if Wiseau wanted people to experience what happens when the absolute worst of everything comes together. Worst actors, worst director, worst screenwriter, worst lighting, worst editing, worst cameramen, and poof! Genius.

Nobody anywhere could ever make a worst movie no matter how hard they tried. In my humble opinion, that's why The Room is a monumental success. I mean, anybody could throw a handful of crap at a wall, but it takes a special kind of person to evenly paint the entire room with it.
  5. Jul 7, 2013
    Wiseau's masterpiece of a movie will certainly be remembered in the years to come. It is one of if not the most unintentionally comedic movie watching experiences I've ever seen. Words alone cannot do it justice. You have to experience it to understand. If you're a fan of movies like Troll 2, Silent Night Deadly Night part 2, Poolboy, or FDR American Badass then this is the movie for you.
  6. May 15, 2013
    The Room is the king of "So Bad It's Good" cinema. Cringeworthy dialogue, acting, dubbing, story, and more are to be found (and laughed at) in the best worst movie ever.
  7. May 6, 2013
    The best movie I've ever watched in my entire life. The story... was beautiful. It was so in depth and original but the thing that really sold it for me was the acting. Simply amazing. If you are a fan of any type of movie ever, this is definitely for you.
  8. Apr 10, 2013
    This is an excellent movie, top-notch cinematography and acting, nuanced characters, well-structured dialog and character arcs- so, anyways, how is your sex life?
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    I am so glad I have this movie as my best movie, and I love Tommy so much. If you don't like then you are just a little chicken, cheep cheep cheep cheee---eeeeee-eep.
  10. Mar 12, 2013
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  11. Dec 14, 2012
    YES!!! CLASSIC MOVIE!!! Gets better every time you see it, because you start to notice more mistakes. Nothing about Tommy Wiseau is normal, and keep in mind that he has done other stuff too, so go watch The House That Drips Blood on Alex and all of his youtube channels. What a legend. Go watch The Room by tomorrow if you enjoy hearing phrases like, "I cain't confrunt hur. I want to giv her secund chance after all shes my futur waif. You know what dey say, lov is blind." Expand
  12. Sep 29, 2012
    Call me crazy, but this movie is sooooo bad that it's a masterpiece. The horrible acting, dialogue and story makes it so fun to watch and laugh at. Especially with friends. This is ironic because usually when there's a bad film, you want to avoid it, but with this one, everyone should check it out.
  13. Mar 1, 2012
    Tommy Wiseau is captivating writer who shows it in the movie by tackling the story of good man with a good life and good friends who has been betrayed from everything he though he would never lose. Love.

I felt melancholic state watching through and through as Johnny tried to make life for everyone around him better even as it crumbled around him. His adopted little brother Denny tries
    drugs, his mother in law gets cancer, he has new baby on the way, and his long time love is lying and cheating on him. You can only feel sympathy for Johnny engages the dealer in combat. At the end I felt hearbroker at Johnny's self destruction and can only recommend this movie for the rest of my life Expand
  14. Feb 9, 2012
    This is obviously a good movie not because of top notch acting, interesting plot, and insane action. No, this movie is so great because at how laughable this movie really is. In order to enjoy this movie, you honestly need to like this type of humor because if you watched this movie with a serious tone, of course it's gonna suck. It's so bad you'll love it. I sure as heck did
  15. Jan 14, 2012
    God bless you Tommy Wiseau, you mad genius. The world just isn't ready for filmmaking of this calibre. This movie is so good, it's tearing me apart.
  16. Oct 17, 2011
    This film is a misunderstood masterpiece. Yes its badly written, directed, acted, dubbed and every other aspect of film making. But its so entertaining because of this, especially with a group of friends. Its much, much, much funnier than most comedy films today.
  17. Sep 23, 2011
    One of the best movies ever made. By far the most stunning and incredible story ever concieved. The characters are all extremely well preformed and deeply integrated in the city of San Fransico. The line "You are tearing me apart, Lisa!" has to be, by far, the most emotion I've heard in any movie ever made. The anger, passion, love, hate, dedication, and love in that line was so overwhelming, I actually had to pause the movie due to my blood pressure increasing extremely fast. Over all, I'd die for this movie. Expand
  18. Sep 23, 2011
    This movie is very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very, good.
  19. Sep 21, 2011
    This is the greatest movie of all time. It has great story structure, and keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. I can't stress how excellent the cast members are espacially Tommy Wiseau. If you have not seen this movie, than you must go out and buy it, buy all the available copies, and give it to your relatives as a christmas present.
  20. Jul 21, 2011
    The Room is a masterpiece of bad movies, one which actually made Tommy Wiseau change the genre from straight-up drama to a pitch-black comedy. But I think we all know the reason we watched the film in the first place: to say that you've watched The Room! In the same vein of Birdemic and Plan 9, this movie has no dramatic value whatsoever. I can safely say, there were laughs all the way through when I watched this cinematic **** But at its heart, this movie was Tommy's best shot, and I respect him for that. Keep on making movies, Mr. Wiseau. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Bill Stamets
    Aug 4, 2014
    You can laugh at lines like: "Hey, everybody, let's go inside and eat some cake"; "Leave your stupid comments in your pocket!"; "Man, I just can't figure women out. Sometimes they're just too smart. Sometimes they're flat out stupid. Other times they're just evil." In Wiseau's worldview, if "The Room" were a woman, she wouldn't be "evil" or "too smart." That leaves "flat-out stupid." [12 Feb 2012, p.B2]
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    May 30, 2011
    The Room marks the writing-directing-acting debut of Tommy Wiseau, who's not just one of the most unusual looking and sounding (with an unidentifiable Eastern European accent) leading men ever to grace the screen, but a narcissist nonpareil whose movie makes Vincent Gallo's "The Brown Bunny" seem the apotheosis of cinematic self-restraint.