7.0

1. Oct 18, 2010
    This movie kicks ass and takes my favorite so far this year. The music is awesome, great performances by the cast and it makes me wanna be a rockstar! Watch this movie :O)
  2. WFT
    Oct 20, 2010
    This flick rocks, and I mean that in every way possible. As someone who lived the '70's it was a blast to see the kinds of girls I knew doing things that the mommies of today (who did it) REALLY don't want their daughters to see. Kristen Stewart bored me to tears in Twilight flicks, but she kicked ass as Joan Jett, and Dakota Fanning has never done a bad role in her entire life. Playing Cherrie Currie at 15, while 15, was an awsome performance that Dakota can notch-up in her amazing career arc. Michael Shannon put himself on the map with me forever as Kim Fowley, and I love him in Boardwalk Empire. The Seventies came back to life, with bisexual girls exploding in freedom and creativity while being the wild stoners they actually were. The interview with Cherrie Currie today (unbelievably hot at 50!) was great too. SEE THIS FLICK! Expand
  3. May 19, 2014
    I really enjoyed this. A wonderful surprise that was elevated by Kristen Stewart's superb performance as Joan Jett. Fanning also did a good job. Cool music.

Far from a perfect movie, but there are moments when it comes about as close to catching the visceral kick of the pre-iPod rock experience as any film I've ever seen.
  2. In patches it's agreeably lurid, but it's otherwise ho-hum.
  3. The vigor and pace is electric, and the movie features three showy performances by Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning and Michael Shannon.