The Salton Sea

• Release Date: Apr 26, 2002
8.6

1. Jul 9, 2014
    The Salton Sea has many twists and and turns. The movie has impressive acting and a plot that you
    won't figure out until the ending. This movie is very underrated and is easily one of Kilmer's best roles.
  2. ChristinaNicoleS.
    Oct 2, 2002
    I loved this movie. I thought it really brought a lot of things to life, without trying to mimic or replicate past movies of the same nature, like many critics have been saying about this movie, and I don't agree with them. Cool twists and unexpected scenerios... Good watchin'.
  3. MattS.
    Apr 26, 2002
    This is an interesting film. The preview was pretty mediocre so I didn't have high expectations going into it. Kilmer comes through with a convincing performance and there are some very colorful characters ala Blue Velvet and Memento who are involved with this great ride. The film builds momentum and has some cool twists. It's best to keep it a surprise. This film takes you into This is an interesting film. The preview was pretty mediocre so I didn't have high expectations going into it. Kilmer comes through with a convincing performance and there are some very colorful characters ala Blue Velvet and Memento who are involved with this great ride. The film builds momentum and has some cool twists. It's best to keep it a surprise. This film takes you into a seedy world of speed freaks and a man's quest for his own identlty. Hip music and smooth editing. Very Entertaining. Expand
  4. MichaelF.
    Apr 27, 2002
    This is the year's best film as of 4/26. Just amazing, 32 my ass! It's hysterical, it's thrilling, it's brilliant. The movie totally swithes gear half way through, which might be a turn-off for some but I really liked it. Kilmer is great, D'Onofrio steals the show as a noseless sick-o. He's really funny, but horrible. LaPaglia is great, as always. GO SEE THIS This is the year's best film as of 4/26. Just amazing, 32 my ass! It's hysterical, it's thrilling, it's brilliant. The movie totally swithes gear half way through, which might be a turn-off for some but I really liked it. Kilmer is great, D'Onofrio steals the show as a noseless sick-o. He's really funny, but horrible. LaPaglia is great, as always. GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! Expand
  5. TarikT.
    Apr 28, 2002
    This is the greatest move ever made.
  6. RossW.
    Apr 29, 2002
    This is the best movie. It's a dark revenge thriller with great directing. How can it have a rating of 32? That's impossible.
  7. ClintM.
    May 2, 2002
    An excellent film all around. The fact that The Scorpion King has a higher rating says something about the public's overall taste in movies.
  8. TylerT.
    Jun 24, 2003
    ..Pooh Bear..one of the most origional characters ever created Vince D is a genious.
  9. DougM.
    Nov 2, 2002
    I think this film is a NewWorld type flick that leaves the "haters" so angry that a real movie finally came out that recognizes other lifes that people live and there importance and meanings.
  10. MattW.
    Dec 16, 2002
    A combination of a number of films, but with some memorable characters (e.g. Pooh-Bear) and memorable scenes. If you focus on that and not the reality you'll enjoy the ride.
  11. SandMan
    Sep 28, 2002
    Excellent. Command performance by vincent as pooh-bear.
  12. PhilM.
    Nov 27, 2002
    Finally a good movie that "hater" will despite to their core.
  13. AnaW.
    Nov 27, 2004
    I loved the way Val Kilmer tones down the ego for this role. Vincent D'Onofrio is nothing short of amazing as he is in EVEYTHING he does!

1. Sacrificing content for style, Caruso gives us a lot to look at but little to ponder.
  2. The cumulative effect of the movie is repulsive and depressing.
    The Salton Sea isn't without interest or ideas, though some of the better ones are cribbed from David Fincher and, especially, Martin Scorsese.