The Santa Clause

8.3

1. Dec 4, 2011
    Love this holiday film, one of the best holiday movies ever made! There is so much laugh-out-load moments for all the family with such a lovely cast, an amazing story line and a warming family movie!
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    The Santa Clause is an instant Christmas classic. A unique idea brought to life with a great story, and good acting, especially with a great performance from Tim Allen.
  3. Dec 26, 2014
    A Christmastime classic. A Christmas Eve tradition in my house. The Santa Clause is an unusually smart and telling Christmas tale - with a handful of fun performances.
  4. Jan 7, 2013
    The Santa Clause is a great family film for the holidays. Can be a bit dumb from time to time but Tim Allen seems to love what he is doing which pays off in the film.
  5. Dec 26, 2013
    A charming Christmas movie that never gets old. It is funny and full of holiday spirit. The other ones aren't very good, but this ones is worth seeing. A delightful movie.
  6. Nov 29, 2015
    Tim Allen has a certain comedic delivery style; this movie fits him perfectly. I'm surprised at the critics score; it's one of my favorite Christmas movies and I have the DVD. Tim is your stereotype toy designer solely interested in making a buck when "there arose such a clatter." Yup, Tim becomes Santa and his whole world turns upside down. Duh, who wouldn't? Throughout the movie,Tim Allen has a certain comedic delivery style; this movie fits him perfectly. I'm surprised at the critics score; it's one of my favorite Christmas movies and I have the DVD. Tim is your stereotype toy designer solely interested in making a buck when "there arose such a clatter." Yup, Tim becomes Santa and his whole world turns upside down. Duh, who wouldn't? Throughout the movie, Tim's low voice comic retorts are hilarious. Maybe the low score Users and the critics didn't like that type of humor. Expand
  7. IsaacV
    Jun 17, 2010
    An oddball tale but to quote Roger Ebert: a lot of fresh invention in it.
  8. Jan 7, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tim Allen has a certain comedic delivery style; this movie fits him perfectly. I'm surprised at the critics score; it's one of my favorite Christmas movies and I have the DVD. Tim is your stereotype toy designer solely interested in making a buck when "there arose such a clatter." Yup, Tim becomes Santa and his whole world turns upside down. Duh, who wouldn't? Throughout the movie, Tim's low voice comic retorts are hilarious. Maybe the low score Users and the critics didn't like that type of humor. Expand
  9. Jan 28, 2016
    Tim Allen shined us with this Santa Clause movie. The more Tim Allen surprises us on every Christmas, the better this movie gets. A must-see along with several other Christmas movies.

The Santa Clause (so named after the clause on Santa's calling card that requires Scott to take over the job) is often a clever and amusing movie, and there's a lot of fresh invention in it.
    The Santa Clause isn't an unmitigated disaster, but it's also a whole lot less impressive than it could be.
  3. The personable star of the TV series "Home Improvement" turns this Walt Disney film around. He may not be as effervescent as, say, Robin Williams, but he's full of understated, ticklish charm.