The School of Rock

8.8

1. Gottalovekevinclark
    Mar 24, 2004
    I thought the movie was great but the best bits all had gorgeous kevin (the drummer) in them. I would love to meet him he is so lovely and in the movie he wears the same shoes as me at the end at the concert.
  2. Libby
    Mar 26, 2004
    Omg kevin is soo hot i love him!! i mean the movie was good but he made it the best!!
  3. MayaS.
    Mar 27, 2004
    This movie was pretty good. Plot kind of old, but pretty good. And I don't care how many ppl say it, kevin Clark is an xtreme hottie :P!
  4. AnneB.
    Mar 27, 2004
    It was so funny and Kevin Clark was so hot!!! I give him a 10!!
  5. J.C.
    Mar 28, 2004
    *~*This was the best movie yet! Jack Black continues to entertain us... especially with all of his energy when he's ROCKIN! I really thought that those kids were great players/singers ... especially for their age! I can't tell you anything about playin the guitar! Joey Gaydos Jr. was great on lead guitar. He was awesome! And Oh.. My.. God... Kevin Alexander Clark is fine! I *~*This was the best movie yet! Jack Black continues to entertain us... especially with all of his energy when he's ROCKIN! I really thought that those kids were great players/singers ... especially for their age! I can't tell you anything about playin the guitar! Joey Gaydos Jr. was great on lead guitar. He was awesome! And Oh.. My.. God... Kevin Alexander Clark is fine! I really liked the fact that he was representing me and all of my family and friends by wearing chucks at the concert!! They're the coolest shoes ever! I LOVE KEVIN AND JOEY! Expand
  6. LindsayH.
    Apr 11, 2004
    I wish that Kevin Clark was 12 because is hottest kid I have seen in my whole life. I wonder were he lives? He probaly lives somewhere in States as all Actors and Actress do. It's too bad.
  7. MelanieL.
    Apr 11, 2004
    Omg! i luuuv dat movie, only because Kevin was in it (of course) what a hottie!LoL! this is movie is very funny, i wish i coul get to meet Kevin, or at least get his email! i wanna talk to him!
  8. JessicaW.
    Apr 23, 2004
    1. Rate the movie for the movie, not the hot guys, morons. 2. Do you REALLY think that Kevin would email you? You sound like crazed fans. Which is so pathetic, because he's 15. Think of the 15-year-old guys you know... they're not so great, are they? Do you think he would be any better? 3. Good movie. Hilarious. My favourite part was when Summer said she didn't do it for 1. Rate the movie for the movie, not the hot guys, morons. 2. Do you REALLY think that Kevin would email you? You sound like crazed fans. Which is so pathetic, because he's 15. Think of the 15-year-old guys you know... they're not so great, are they? Do you think he would be any better? 3. Good movie. Hilarious. My favourite part was when Summer said she didn't do it for the grades. Translation to 'adult' terms: she didn't do it for the money. See that? You could almost say this crosses over into social commentary. That's what all these almost-formula-type movies do if you really look at them, isn't it? Replace Summer with someone climbing the coporate ladder, Zack with a civil servant, Laurence with that silent worker you always see in their cubicle but never learn the name of, and Freddy with the wannabe-rebel who ends up conforming anyway (think today's "punk" movement). And yes, I'm only 14. I'm not some stuffed up critic. Expand
  9. Kelsey
    Apr 25, 2004
    I'm in luv with this movie! ok whoever is stuck up enough to think kevin isn't better than u and probably way hotter...ur just jealous! he is the best thing ever...he is the only reason i watch the movie over and over again it is a very good movie but kevin rox!!!
  10. Rockerglp511M.
    Apr 27, 2004
    Ya the movie was kewl but kevin made it the best. i mean the end was blah. but kiven was ya he is sooooo HOT. he kikes a$$. and is soo hot. like the drummes rok but bass is better.
  11. JenniferL.
    Apr 28, 2004
    I thought this was the BEST movie i've ever seen. Plus, Kevin is SO HOT.
  12. DominiqueR
    May 22, 2004
    This movie is awesome! Kevin and Joey are hotties! All the kids are such good actors, and i love the songs; they're awesome! I think Jack Blck was really good. This is by far one of the best movies of the year!
  13. Ethel
    May 24, 2004
    It's the best movie i've ever seen in my LIFE!
  14. ChanelB.
    Jul 13, 2004
    The reason i'd vote 10/10 is because i like the story and i'ts got to be my favourie movie because i like rock and roll movies.
  15. SaraH.
    Jul 14, 2004
    I love to watch School of Rock a lot bc i think Kevin is so hot!!! i only like to watch him play the drums and i like his attitude about it! kevin u are so hott!
  16. Jeff
    Aug 11, 2004
    GREAT MOVIE. Katie is so damn cute , love the way she plays the guitar. every1 ya gotta c the film!!
  17. JimM.
    Jan 14, 2005
    A'm from Argentina and i don`t speak inglish very well. School Of Rock is the best film i saw. It`s funny y and only of rock. Jack Black is the best, he heard the best bands.
  18. SangHee.J.
    Jan 29, 2005
    A pretty nice film that entertained my whole family and was well done and funny. A nice film to see with family and friends.
  19. JuLiAnNeA.
    Apr 15, 2005
    Oh! that movie rocks! ezpeziali Kevin Clark! isn't it? he is so hot!!! my top 1 ranking on my ave movies! gosh! how cute he is! remember his precious name! Kevin Alexander Clark!!! yey! we should spread kevin for his popularness! plz!
  20. andreinal.
    Jun 11, 2005
    It is a nice movie for kids.
  21. AngelaM.
    Jul 22, 2005
    I really enjoyed this movie because of it's humor. Jack Black is very funny in it and the whole thing keeps you laughing. I don't see why some people rated it a 0 just because they dispise Kevin Clark or Jack Black. Everyone has to admit that the movie was funny and you know you laughed at LEAST once. It is far from my favorite movie, I will admit, but I still enjoyed it and I I really enjoyed this movie because of it's humor. Jack Black is very funny in it and the whole thing keeps you laughing. I don't see why some people rated it a 0 just because they dispise Kevin Clark or Jack Black. Everyone has to admit that the movie was funny and you know you laughed at LEAST once. It is far from my favorite movie, I will admit, but I still enjoyed it and I would put it on a list of movies I liked. Expand
  22. GeorgiaH
    Dec 17, 2006
    I totally agree with Jennifer L Kevin is the hottest guy on earth. He's just turned 18. The movie is amazing!! I do not believe some people gave it a 2. R u nuts??
  23. SamH.
    May 28, 2006
    My parents ALWAYS laugh at just about every second of this movie!
  24. AliceZ.
    Nov 28, 2003
    This movie is really funny and really cute at the same time. Personally, I thought it was great.
  25. StephanieC.
    Dec 12, 2003
    I thought this movie was great and Freddy (Kevin Clarke ) the drummer is so HOT. and Jack Black is awesome. If i could date any guy it would be Kevin Clarke.
  26. SarahK.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The movie wasn,t that great. It was reasonably humorous but kevin Clarke(the hot drummer, freddy) earned the movie a 9.
  27. JackM.
    Nov 11, 2004
    It was awesome and zack was cool.
  28. AngeloC.
    Nov 13, 2004
    The School of Rock is one of my favorite movies. It's funny, sweet, and has a great cast. This movie kicks ass and it makes me want to create my own band! I hope that they make a School of Rock 2.
  29. kimberleya
    Nov 29, 2004
    Omg! this movie so totally rocked...literally!!! the entire cast was amazing. kevin clark is SOOOOOOO HOTT!!!! he looks just like tom felton, and he can act just as great. at first i thought this movie would be bad but a friend convinced me to see it and i was soooo not disappointed. if you havent seen it stop reading this and go watch it NOW!!!
  30. Nov 7, 2010
    not excellent, but Jack Black was funny
  31. Apr 26, 2012
    The school of rock, like nacho libre (another Jack Black film), is hilarious, its possibly even better the nacho libre, I love it so much, its a hilarious classic (not all classics are good, but this one is!)
  32. Mar 17, 2012
    Awesome. Jack Black is believable first as a mooch and then as a motivational instructor because as both he's a dreamer and untroubled by the realities of the real world. Joan Cusack is fantastic 'I didn't used to be this tightly wound'. And some of the students were far out talented
  33. Sep 3, 2012
    This was a really fun movie to watch. Some great funny acting by the adults and by the kids. Great concept that was done pretty damn well. I even enjoyed the music.
  34. May 1, 2012
    Jack does an amazing job of bringing it home with a face-melter. Watch this movie and prepare to be rocked, as well as come away with some great one-liners.
  35. Nov 13, 2012
    A fun, light-hearted farce that is punctuated by some surprising depth and feeling. School of Rock is a winner, and, to quote Dewy, it kicks ass.
  36. Mar 22, 2014
    How can you resist the power of The School of Rock? It's charming, funny, entertaining, and enjoyable, making only the occasional misstep. This movie is Jack Black at his best.
  37. Jan 30, 2016
    Richard Linklater is a guy that can really do anything with the comedy genre every one of his films are different as he has a very good track record. School of Rock is just another example of another solid Linklater film. Jack Black is in the role he was destined to play and you can sense his true passion for this project throughout the film. Everyone knows that working with kids in filmRichard Linklater is a guy that can really do anything with the comedy genre every one of his films are different as he has a very good track record. School of Rock is just another example of another solid Linklater film. Jack Black is in the role he was destined to play and you can sense his true passion for this project throughout the film. Everyone knows that working with kids in film can be hell but it works in School of Rock and they make it look so easy. If Black didn't have a good dynamic with the kids this movie would have been dead in the water and it was excellent. There are some great child actors in this film that are cute, funny and you believe the whole band even if they are all kids. The development is great for Black and the kids grow along with him which is really cute. The ending is really satisfying as well, it will leave you smiling. That's all I will say. Expand
  38. Apr 17, 2016
    One of my favorite music related movies of all time. Killer duo of Richard Linklater and Jack Black. The music is carefully picked and the supporting cast with all the kids make for a heartwarming movie.
  39. Jul 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Leo loves School of Rock, and after watching with him, I can't say that I blame him. Jack Black stars as a (lazy?) rock musician that's struggling to get on his feet. His life is about showing it to the MAN but his lack of success in the band and mooching off of his friend dries up most of the paths that lay in his way.

In an extraordinary chain of events, Dewey ends up as a substitute teacher! By know we know that the story's going to be about him beating the odds beating the man and hiding from authority – in a way, acting more childish than the children. This teaching gig was supposed to bail him out, but as it becomes bigger the enthusiasm and love for rock and the kids grows and is infectious. Unrealistic as it may be, it's charming in the creative ways these kids band together and get involved.

School of Rock could have easily fallen multiple levels in quality by stooping to its audience, but instead it expected them to rise to meet the occasion, most of which would look this film straight in the eye and give it "two thumbs up." It's not cheesy, it's not real, it's rock. It doesn't try to be something it's not, and that's admirable. The relationships are real, the people are real, and so is the love of rock & roll. I can feel the passion.
  40. Mar 6, 2016
    Some points remind me of the School of Rock. What School of Rock? There's any School of Rock here. Oh, this School of Rock... you know, Jack Black stars in? Eh, not one of his best films, but indeed enjoyable.
  41. Sep 13, 2016
    The School of Rock is becoming a classic that is fun for all ages and enjoyable to watch time and time again. It is very entertaining with some great comedy, good casting and performances, and some kick ass music beats.

1. The School of Rock was made by gifted veterans of the American indie scene, but it's still the most unlikely great movie of the year.
    School of Rock kicks ass. It's one movie that definitely goes to eleven.
  3. The film hits another comic mother lode in the byplay between Black and Cusack.