1. LiamW.
    Sep 11, 2007
    This movie is a huge disappointment. So much "art" was put into this, but it was basically bits of a music video inserted into a terrible plot. None of the characters are all that memorable or likable, and the story (If you could call it that) was shallow and pointless. Very overrated.
  2. GillH.
    Jan 8, 2007
    I dozed off four times in the theater before I finally gave up, hiked my feet on the chair in front of me and slept through the remaining hour. The film gets 3 stars instead of zero because the music was pretty good except for the drumming which was amateurish at best.
  3. MichelleC.
    Oct 3, 2006
    What the heck??!!! Can someone please help me understand this confusing and silly mess? I loved Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and had high hopes for this follow up. This movie is Gumby meets dreamy drug addict with an enormous dose of confusion. Avoid it at all costs.
  4. CraigT.
    Oct 18, 2006
    An art film without the art.
  5. AP
    Oct 4, 2006
    Tender but boring.

1. The title is all that's boring about director Michel Gondry's latest mind bender, as trippy as LSD.
    I think it's a mess, but - and this is a major caveat - an endearing, beautiful, hopelessly honest mess that's supported by a pair of performances so unnaturally natural that they draw you in and clutch you, struggling, to their flipping, flopping hearts.
    This pop-up book of a film is an ideal arrangement between director and star.