- Starring: Belén Rueda, Javier Bardem, Lola Dueñas
- Summary: Based on the profoundly moving true story that captured the world's attention, The Sea Inside is about Spaniard Ramon Sampedro (Bardem), who fought a 30-year campaign to win the right to end his life with dignity. The film is the story of Ramon's relationships with two women: Julia (Rueda), a lawyer who supports his cause, and Rosa (Duenas), a local woman who wants to convince him that life is worth living. (Fine Line Features)… Collapse
- Director: Alejandro Amenábar
- Genre(s): Biography, Drama
- More Details and Credits »
Apr 5, 2012Touching, powerful, intense....Amenabar does it again! This is not just a movie about solitude, it is also a movie about courage, integrity and friendhsip. I am fluent in both languages (English and Spanish). It is great in both...better in teh original of course...the subtitles are never the same, but its beauty trascends the barrier of the language, anyway!… Expand
May 29, 2011"Mar adentro" is a movie through touch on the innermost hearts. I'ts not just any story that makes us reflect on the validity of our own lives. And for the construction of the message are added to the powers of the director, actors, soundtrack, assembly and photography. AmenÃ¡bar is an extraordinary filmmaker. He could really force the emotions of those watching through primary devices that Hollywood is still trying to use (and that Spielberg, for example, dominates like nobody). Instead, he lets the emotional potential of the situations portrayed itself excites the viewer, producing true feelings. Much of it by Javier Badem delivers his best performance in his career. In that sense, what won me over was the fact that Ramon, his character was, at least in the film, an amazing person. Their speeches denouncing a tremendous sobriety and a realistic science of what it means dignity. It is impossible not to empathize with the subject. "The Sea Inside" is a story truly worthy of being known. If I had the opportunity to speak with Ramon, I'd say, "Ramon, friend, I support your decision."… Expand
Published: April 16, 2010Oscar-winning foreign language film "The Secret in Their Eyes" arrives in American theaters this weekend. But it's not the best-reviewed foreign film of the past year, continuing the Academy's decade-long trend of selecting lesser titles. What films have they overlooked?