The September Issue

6.8

1. Qwerty
    Aug 30, 2009
    It's a pretty straightforward take on closing a magazine issue, albeit in this instance a rather special issue of a rather special magazine, to put it mildly. Those looking for scandalous revelation will be disappointed. And Wintour is by no means even rude, let alone the devilish harpy portrayed in that other piece of entertaining fiction.
  2. May 23, 2011
    A fashionista's dream came true, The September Issue is a lovely documentary about two figures (Wintour and Coddington) on a heavy mission. It's the less cynical side of The Devil Wears Prada (2006) but still highly entertaining.

A wonderful film, and one with vast appeal. Giving us everything we have come to expect from our fashion-centered programming and more, we are left with the sense that we have uncovered a mystery.
  2. Consistent with her ice queen reputation, Wintour is often disconcertingly direct and frequently unfeeling, though not without a dry sense of humor.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A dishy and engrossing peek inside the fashion world’s corridors of power -- every bit as slickly packaged as the publication it seeks to uncover.