Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: March 10, 2006
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 33 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EricaJ.Aug 11, 2006
I thought it was pretty good, definetly a good family movie. If I were still a kid i'd of loved it.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
WiseMarosisAug 14, 2010
Shaggy Dog is a random movie. It is about a guy who gets bitten by a dog called Shaggy and he goes through a transformation process. After a couple of days, any time his heart rate goes high, he turns into a dog. When he is the dog, when hisShaggy Dog is a random movie. It is about a guy who gets bitten by a dog called Shaggy and he goes through a transformation process. After a couple of days, any time his heart rate goes high, he turns into a dog. When he is the dog, when his heart rate slows, he turns back to human - with no clothes. It was a pretty good movie, but there wasn't really an antagonist. Robert Downey Jr. was the actor who played the antagonist, but he didn't really do much in his role. 6. Expand
cybrswtAug 1, 2006
My six year liked it, I thought it was really bad movie is ok for kids.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
ZilcellNov 13, 2011
It has a lot of good moments and the story is decent. I liked Tim Allen's performance, which made the movie a lot more interesting. It is a fun but weird movie that has a few decent laughs.
oxanaAug 28, 2014
A silly yet funny movie about animal testing, searching for the keys to eternal life and a man discovering how he's failing as a husband and a father - by becoming a dog.

While certain parts of the film had outrageously unrealistic animal

While certain parts of the film had outrageously unrealistic animal animation/action (and human, too, in places), the story stayed honest and grounded for the most part. There were a few "laugh out loud" parts, but otherwise the jokes and narrative were harmless and a little lame. Still, the story kept itself together surprisingly well and although the ending was mildly disappointing in how clever it wasn't... The whole experience was an enjoyable movie, for sure.

Robert Downey Jr. was delightful as the big bad of the movie.
homer4presidentMar 28, 2015
I understand these movies aren't supposed to be original. This movie is supposedly for kids. Yet, we've seen that you can make a movie that both kids and adults can enjoy (or kids enjoy and adults ball their eyes out over, I'm looking at youI understand these movies aren't supposed to be original. This movie is supposedly for kids. Yet, we've seen that you can make a movie that both kids and adults can enjoy (or kids enjoy and adults ball their eyes out over, I'm looking at you UP and Toy Story 3). But this doesn't even work for kids. If it's for kids, why all the sub plots? Why not more goofy dog CGI hijinx? It's just **** Expand
EpicLadySpongeJan 10, 2016
In this second Disney remake directed by Brian Robbins, we learned that this movie's better for Brian Robbins than how he directed *sigh* I bet you know what I'm talking about.