5.6

1. Dec 7, 2012
    Disturbing and interesting at the same time, it's a brilliant comedy that shows many human interactions from every perspective, not all of them are equally interesting and characterized. The movie sometimes lack stronger performances but a superb Rachel Weisz shadows others weaknesses. I was surprised but the movie flowed smoothly guided by a convincing plot till the sharp and stunningDisturbing and interesting at the same time, it's a brilliant comedy that shows many human interactions from every perspective, not all of them are equally interesting and characterized. The movie sometimes lack stronger performances but a superb Rachel Weisz shadows others weaknesses. I was surprised but the movie flowed smoothly guided by a convincing plot till the sharp and stunning end.
    I highly recommend the lover of this genre to watch it.

The cast helps enliven what could otherwise come off as a treatise. All four actors played these roles during the play's off-Broadway run.
  2. LaBute is coming of age as an artist, and his future looks brighter than I ever would have suspected a year ago. Enfant terrible or not, he's starting to become a substantial figure in American film.
    This might be the edgiest film of the year -- if the year were 1982.