8.6

1. Aug 4, 2011
    One of the most over-rated horror pictures, yet based on one of Stephen King's finest novels. How could it go wrong? The primary problem is that the film simply isn't scary. I'll give it creepy, but only mildly. And only one scene stands out as being anything close to King's vision of supernatural fear ("Room 237"). Sure Nicholson is fun, and really, the cast is fine. But the secondary problem this film has is a critical fail: the movie's aim and thrust is completely muddled. Collapse
  2. Jan 20, 2012
    Very slow and boring movie, I've ever seen. I actually fell asleep at the scene where danny is riding his bike. I want realy horror movie, not a b-budget, childish horror movie.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    Really not that good. Boring, dull, lifeless. Acting wasn't the best and the directing was terrible. The only reason I didn't give this a zero is because it scared me

1. Meticulously detailed and never less than fascinating, The Shining may be the first movie that ever made its audience jump with a title that simply says "Tuesday."
    But there is no way, within the film, to be sure with any confidence exactly what happens, or precisely how, or really why. Kubrick delivers this uncertainty in a film where the actors themselves vibrate with unease.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    The crazier Nicholson gets, the more idiotic he looks. Shelley Duvall transforms the warm sympathetic wife of the book into a simpering, semi-retarded hysteric.