8.9

1. Jun 28, 2011
    A fantastic, haunting experience. You won't be scared in the traditional horror movie sense, but you will be terrified in the psychological horror sense. Anthony Hopkins is absolutely haunting as Hannibal Lecter, and he pulls the roll off very well. A classic movie that no sane person will want to miss. It may be slow, but your attention will not be lost. One of the best films of the last 50 years, easily. Expand
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    "The Silence of the Lambs" is definitely a overrated movie. The character development is hurried and cannot focus on either characters. Anthony Hopkins is perfect for the sadistic killer, but his role was a foolish one. The story is linear and the movie ends with a surprisingly corny ending with **** optimism. It's just plain terrible.
  3. Jan 4, 2011
    A classic. Everyone in this film brings their A-game. Whenever Ted Levine or Anthony Hopkins were n the screen, the tension went up. Although the film is quite slow, the tension is kept up with a great musical score and great dialogue. It kept my eyes glued to the screen.
  4. Dec 9, 2011
    Foster and Hopkins really shine on their roles. Hannibal Lecter and Clarice Starling could not ask for best performers. Add an impeccable screenplay and an involving, organic directon from Demme, and then you have the best thriller for years to come.
  5. Oct 6, 2012
    A surprisingly great film. Great performances by the lead actors, which contribute all the more to the sense of tension throughout the film, and a stunning finale. One of the most breathtaking movies I have ever seen (and I say this as a person who generally dislikes the horror/thriller genre).
  6. Aug 8, 2013
    This is the greatest thriller ever created. The Silence of the Lambs isn't scary as it is thrilling. You'll be on the edge of your seat and you'll be awe struck by Jodie Foster's and Anthony Hopkins' captivating performances.
  7. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the best and most effective thrillers of al time. Anthony Hopkins gives a career 2.0 performance, and Jodie Foster is remembered by this role. One of the last scenes in this movie is where you will see the movie's genius. (No spoilers)
  8. Mar 26, 2014
    The Silence of the Lambs is most definitely at times, a horrifyingly tense film, and when it isn't it's an uncomfortably tense film, and when it isn't even that, its still pretty tense. But on the whole, The Silence of the Lambs is genius.
  9. Oct 14, 2010
    if u looking for a amazing acting and amazing story then this movie is the right choice and its one of the best i have ever seen ,this movie will make speechless at some moments at i was
  10. Jun 3, 2011
    Horror movies are either going to be your best friend, or your worst nightmare. They either scare you to death, or you love them. Now most people would say the scarier, the better. But if something is scary to you, I don't see how you could like it. And yet, this film had scared me like never before and yet I can never let go of the feeling of how amazing it was. The Silence of the Lambs is a crime-suspense thriller, starring Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins. It's about a FBI trainee Clarice Starling, who is assigned to help capture a serial killer by the name of Buffalo Bill. She simply has to question a former murderer, Hannibal Lector, better known as "Hannibal the Cannibal". The FBI believes there might be some sort of connections between the two killers, and asks Clarice to figure out what. And what begins as a small questioning process begins to evolve into one of the greatest crime story ever told. The Silence of the Lambs won 5 Academy Awards, including Best Lead Actor, Best Lead Actress, and Best Picture. It truly deserved all these wins, especially the acting. Jodie Foster's acting as Clarice Starling was great, but what really made this film worthwhile was Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lector. Never have I seen a villain so kind, yet so sinister and evil. Every word and breath he takes is haunting. You know that even when he talks so kindly to Clarice, he has some evil thoughts or something processing in his mind that the viewer can't just understand. That's what makes Anthony Hopkins the best thing about the whole film. Then I believe the second best thing is the cinematography. This film's cinematography is excellent, and done like no other movie before. You see that whenever there's a new character introduced, it's shown in the perspective of the main characterâ Expand
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    A great thriller that easily gets your attention from the beginning to the end. And the actors did an amazing job, especially Anthony Hopkins. But, this movie isn't particularly scary, and I wouldn't complain if there were more scares.
  12. Mar 26, 2012
    As a film which has the arduous task of combing elements from both horror AND thriller genres 'Silence of the Lambs' works out relatively decent with the exception of a few minor hiccups The first is character development. It's most definitely featured but is rather weak and lifeless. You simply don't care that much for these characters or their back-stories. Jodie Foster gives a stunning performance but I felt that Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Dr. Hannibal Lecter was overblown. If suspense is more important than gore you should enjoy this flick. Expand
  13. May 25, 2012
    One of the classic horror films. Anthony Hopkins' performance is brilliant and definitely creepy. Jodie Foster also did a brilliant job in the film. Everything is just fantastic. There is nothing I can say...just excellence from this classic film............
  14. Jul 17, 2012
    I thought I would watch this movie throughout the day as the trailer made it looked like it would scare the hell out of me however this movie was much more creepy than scary. Obviously Anthony Hopkins stole the show as Hannibal, it was strange as the movie went on I wanted him to escape. For me I preferred the scenes with Hannibal in to "Buffalo Bill" but Jodie Foster played a good Clarice Starling with excellent chemistry with Lecter. Overall I would give the movie 7/10 but as it was realised in 1991 I can understand why it Expand
  15. Oct 15, 2012
    One of the best movies in history , What if Brian De Palma directed Silence of the Lambs? It's funny because Lithgow was a choice to play Lecter when Manhunter was in production.
  16. Mar 4, 2013
    How anybody could not like this moving is beyond me. Director Jonathan Demme did a fantastic job and all of the actors were marvelous, especially Hopkins and Foster. The film is an 11/10. A 10/10 doesn't do it justice.
  17. May 3, 2013
    Two hours is long for movie time, but watching this might make you think it is like watching only 30 minutes. This movie is epic and contains all the things needed for a horror flick. I agree if IMDb who gave it an high rating of 8.8/ 10. Seriously, you can't watch any horror as good as this.
  18. May 13, 2013
    hannibal anthony terrorises one n all wid his ever engaging killer stare..foster deservs a standing ovation for hr potrayl of a lady cop,who finds a way 2 ovrcum hr fears n solve d most notorious of cases.grt background score,intense screen presence of d cast,all n all a director's mastrpc
  19. Jun 26, 2013
    Wow. I don't know why I haven't seen this sooner!

I really loved this. The film was complex, but never to the point that you got completely lost. I found myself getting confused about where we were, and then it would all click a few seconds later. It was very clever at making sure you were aware of which character was who.

The direction is very interesting in this film, with the
    contrast of the dark and gritty world of the FBI, and what happens when a character is put in prison, but when this then goes against the killer's room, I loved the designs, with all the colours etc.

But lets face it. We all know why this film works so well.

Anthony Hopkins. I bow down to you.

I heard he was only in the film for about 15 minutes. That was a lie. He was just brilliant. The perfect mix of charm and menace to create a truly unforgettable villain. Hannibal Lecter really is the standout of the film, and will have you on the edge of your seat, whenever he is on the screen.

I think the thing that kept me interested the most here was that it was simply a great story. An involving and original story that had me in it's bloody palms from start to finish.
  20. Jul 27, 2013
    The Silence of the Lambs is an outstanding film. Great acting especially by Hopkins and Foster. This film as amazing atmospherically because it is able to achieve a great level of tension. The best part for this aspect is the ending scenes in which you can't help but be on the edge of your seat the entire time. A much watch film and certainly deserving of all the academy awards that it won.
  21. Aug 30, 2013
    I have no words to describe how good is that movie. I really enjoy it and it's without any doubt the best of the trilogy and one of the best movies ever made. Hopkins is always excellent!!! Bravo!
  22. Feb 3, 2014
    With The Silence of the Lambs, Jonathan Demme laid the foundation of all psychological thrillers to come after it and also accomplished a contestant for one of the best book adaptions in film history, as he transformed Thomas Harris’s entertaining and thrilling novel of the same name into a visionary, absorbing, and stereotype-defying motion picture that deservedly ranks among the prestigious trio of films to have won the Big Five categories at the Academy Awards. It’s one of the very few thrillers (not horror films, as asinine Hollywood likes to classify it) that improves with time, similarly to the Chianti Hannibal Lecter mentions in the essential The Silence of the Lambs quote, as it’s neither a whodunit nor a howcatchem, but rather a study of psychopaths’ and serial killers’ twisted states of mind. Expand
  23. Feb 16, 2014
    One of the most consistently tense movies I have ever seen in my life. It would be the number one most tense, but the 2013 movie Prisoners had me on edge for the whole runtime. Anthony Hopkins is the main reason this movie is so popular, he has just under 30 minutes screen time and won Best Actor at the 1991 Oscars. Jodie Foster is kind of overshadowed by him, but is also amazing. It is a performance movie, but has a brilliant plot and does not just rely on it's cast to carry the whole thing. Incredibly tense and impeccably performed The Silence of The Lambs is one of my favorite movies ever. Expand
  24. Jul 23, 2014
    It is definitely one of the best films in the 90s and one of the rare films that well deserved its oscars.Demne tells the story very patiently through proper character development. this a thriller and they can't go through every single details of the characters . However the film explains the psychology behind crime and the motivations of Clarice Starling very well. See Jodie Foster in the very final scene while buffalo bill is wearing his night vision goggles . Truly terrifying scene and Jodie's performance is just amazing, Collapse
  25. chw
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Silence of the Lambs is very much worth seeing. Anthony Hopkins plays Hannibal the Cannibal very well, and Jodie Foster plays Clarice excellently.
  26. Aug 24, 2014
    The Silence of the Lambs is disturbing thriller about a demented serial killer. You might find it a bit dull nevertheless, this is a slow burning thriller that requires your attention.
  27. Aug 27, 2014
    Perhaps film's greatest villain and greatest heroine in one film. Can this be? You betcha. Anthony Hopkins embodies evil in his haunting portrayal of Dr. Hannibal Lector. As for Jodie Foster, we'll remember Clarice for her strength and willpower.
  28. Sep 23, 2014
    Very well directed with a heavy and ominous tone that shadows the entire movie. The sound and editing all function in creating and maintaining the film's eerie atmosphere. Reviewing this film, how could one not mention Anthony Hopkins chilling and creepy performance as Dr. Hannibal Lecter. He portrays, without a doubt, one of the best psychotic characters in cinema history. He's so good that at one point, you may start to, dare I say, root for him? The chemistry between Hopkins and Jodie Foster's character is brilliant and the dialogue between them is masterfully crafted. Once you let Hannibal into your mind, you can never get him out. After watching The Silence of the Lambs, I don't think I can ever forget it. Are you up for the challenge? Expand
  29. Oct 12, 2014
    The Silence of the Lambs is a hypnotizing psychological suspenseful and mysterious movie with great performances.Daring and terrific, this is definitely one of the best movies ever made.So well written,so well directed and fantastic screenplay!
  30. Oct 16, 2014
    "The Silence of the Lambs" is possibly one of the greatest movies ever made. As you can tell by user name, I'm quite a fan, and I can't find a single flaw within this movie. The Cinematography, music, plot, characters, are so well put together that it deserves the title "The greatest horror thriller of all time."

10/10.

1. An accomplished, effective, grisly, and exceptionally sick slasher film that I can't with any conscience recommend, because the purposes to which it places its considerable ingenuity are ultimately rather foul.
    It has been a good long while since I have felt the presence of Evil so manifestly demonstrated as in the first appearance of Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs.
  3. Demme's pacing is tight throughout, marred only by some low-angle close-ups of the cannibal that are right out of old Vincent Price thrillers. [Feb 18, 1991]