Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: July 27, 2007
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 722 Ratings
Watch Now
MonkiReviewsMay 22, 2017
I have seen every episode and the movie. The movie, is amazing. I can't believe how funny it was and how many times a laughed. The story and characters are of course, classic Simpsons.
EndermanJan 20, 2017
The Simpsons Movie, in the end, is as good as an average episode of "The Simpsons." In other words, I’d be willing to watch it only -- excuse me while I crunch some numbers here -- 20 or 30 more times.
KrabsAbsNov 23, 2016
The critics should go back and upgrade the Simpsons movie to universal acclaim status. Because this is hilariously delicious movie and also the best animated film of the year. YAYY!!!
TiberScientistNov 10, 2016
FreedomFightersNov 10, 2016
David Silverman has done the impossible: where most cartoon-to-film adaptations just feel like drawn out episodes of the show, "The Simpsons Movie" is a love letter to one of the longest-running TV shows in history. Beautifully-animated,David Silverman has done the impossible: where most cartoon-to-film adaptations just feel like drawn out episodes of the show, "The Simpsons Movie" is a love letter to one of the longest-running TV shows in history. Beautifully-animated, wonderfully-written, well-acted, hilarious, charming, and even some heart, "The Simpsons Movie" is easily the best cartoon-to-film adaptation that there is, and it might even be one of the best animated films out there. If you haven't gotten to see this tremendous film, please, do yourself a favor. Expand
Tiber5Sep 27, 2016
Put simply, if somebody had to make a "Simpsons" movie, this is pretty much what it should be -- clever, irreverent, satirical and outfitted with a larger-than-22-minutes plot, capable (just barely) of sustaining a narrative roughly fourPut simply, if somebody had to make a "Simpsons" movie, this is pretty much what it should be -- clever, irreverent, satirical and outfitted with a larger-than-22-minutes plot, capable (just barely) of sustaining a narrative roughly four times the length of a standard episode. Expand
reviewfrom19842Sep 4, 2016
Great movie. With Likeable charters and a fun story The Simpsons Movie is a fun and a heartwarming movie with a lot of great scenes. The villain was a little weak thought another then that great movie.
SimpsonFansAug 4, 2016
This movie is perfect for the entire family. I actually enjoy this so much. There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events. The best movie ever based on a long-running cartoon.
GamecubeLoverJul 26, 2016
I was expecting to give this movie a 10 but I gave it an 8. But the movie is still amazing! Lets talk about why this movie is amazing. One word...spiderpig.
AaronWasserman1Apr 23, 2016
The show has run out of steam, but the movie is somewhat enjoyable. It had a decent amount of funny moments the first time, however it is not a movie that really has re-watchability. It is decent on first time viewing, but that is all youThe show has run out of steam, but the movie is somewhat enjoyable. It had a decent amount of funny moments the first time, however it is not a movie that really has re-watchability. It is decent on first time viewing, but that is all you really need to give it. Expand
Jiano74Jan 24, 2016
Brilliant movie simply put this is how to make a comedy movie properly maybe Adam Sandler should take a few notes, eh what am I saying that won't help. Back to the movie I have seen it hundreds of time maybe a few to many and I love it everyBrilliant movie simply put this is how to make a comedy movie properly maybe Adam Sandler should take a few notes, eh what am I saying that won't help. Back to the movie I have seen it hundreds of time maybe a few to many and I love it every time I watch it. Expand
EpicLadySpongeJan 7, 2016
I was going to give this an 8, but that's hard from it reaching there depending on this one unwanted character that could need a bit of work throughout from the entire movie. Despite that, it'll bring back the glory days of what made theI was going to give this an 8, but that's hard from it reaching there depending on this one unwanted character that could need a bit of work throughout from the entire movie. Despite that, it'll bring back the glory days of what made the Simpsons a good show before its downfall. Expand
BarneyOnMTJan 5, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Like the Simpsons? The movie is like an extended but not dragged out episode of Simpsons style fun and humour. The writing, animation and plot make this film something fans will love.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It's fairly forgettable
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It's fairly forgettable because nothing much sets it apart from the TV shows
VERDICT: It's very fun and it's very well written, but it'snothing particularly creative or exciting from the franchise.
MadMaxFuryRoadOct 30, 2015
The Simpsons Movie! I don't even know what to say... I'm speechless. I was extremely blown away by the amount of humor in this film. I had to pause the T.V. and watch it around 10 times, before it got over it! I have not seen any of theThe Simpsons Movie! I don't even know what to say... I'm speechless. I was extremely blown away by the amount of humor in this film. I had to pause the T.V. and watch it around 10 times, before it got over it! I have not seen any of the Simpsons T.V. shows, and I didn't quite know what to expect, but I was completely satisfied and there was a great amount of heart into it as well. Hope they make a sequel to this and this was near perfect, except for the fact that the film should have been rated PG instead of PG-13 cause it may cause a lot of kids not being able to watch this; but in my opinion, this is ok for them. Expand
DanBurritoSep 10, 2015
This movie is flippin' hilarious. It's got lots of Classic Simpsons humour and though it sometimes feels like an extended episode, the laughs just keep on coming so that makes it worth it. If you love the Simpsons, this is a must see.
YellowKirbySep 9, 2015
The Simpsons movie is hilarious and has a good story. The only problems are when it gets too random or when it feels like an extended episode. All in all a great movie and a must see for "Simpsons" fans.
ThatCooperGuyAug 14, 2015
So... this film had 11 writers, but they couldn't get past the movie standard 90 minute mark? D'oh!

Luckily, this 87 minute long movie is a solid animated flick. It's funny, the animation looks fantastic, and I love the use of the 2.40:1 aspect ratio. It can be so creative. I adore the action sequence near the end on the motorcycle and I love the film's score, along with Green Day's rendition of the show's theme song.
It's a great TV show to film adaptation.
CineAutoctonoJul 26, 2015
Of all the movies this is the best and especially the most beloved family of global television, good plot , good funny content and Homer had gotten there on a big problem, but we solved it as he can do, and the spiderpig LOL! what's funny.
TrilobiteGJul 10, 2015
Still a brilliant animated film. The simpsons has been criticised in recent years for dry humour but this movie undoubtedly proves that they have still got it. There is something for everyone, gross-out humour, clever humour and hidden humourStill a brilliant animated film. The simpsons has been criticised in recent years for dry humour but this movie undoubtedly proves that they have still got it. There is something for everyone, gross-out humour, clever humour and hidden humour that only people that know the reference will get. Excellent comedy and still the best cartoon adaptation of a movie of all time. Expand
AGKJun 14, 2015
I love the simpsons a lot, and this movie when i was younger was really good and I was really excited to see it. I also got it on DVD but then it got stolen so I couldn't watch it, about 4 years later of not seeing it i caught it on TV, II love the simpsons a lot, and this movie when i was younger was really good and I was really excited to see it. I also got it on DVD but then it got stolen so I couldn't watch it, about 4 years later of not seeing it i caught it on TV, I recorded it, watched it and I still liked it! I definitely recommend it for all simpsons fans and movie fans out there! it is worth it. Expand
teddylukeMay 6, 2015
love this film from beginning to end this is one of the best films of 2007. it is funny it is heartbreaking I really wanted to see where this ending is just a good film to a good TV series.
ImaginaryCriticApr 19, 2015
An instant classic with hilarious jokes and great quotes. The Simpsons Movie sure is the best animated/cartoon movie that i have seen. Homer as the idiot dad and Bart as the brat like always. The movie is original and perfect in any way. TheAn instant classic with hilarious jokes and great quotes. The Simpsons Movie sure is the best animated/cartoon movie that i have seen. Homer as the idiot dad and Bart as the brat like always. The movie is original and perfect in any way. The movie that you will more than once. Expand
ThemazedudeApr 16, 2015
This is a great movie! If your a fan of the simpsons then watch this! It's very funny and you will have a great time watching it with your friends or family or just by yourself!
homer4presidentMar 11, 2015
I, personally, could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie. When I got out I realized my parents would not have liked it the least bit (except for the famous Spider Pig scene). Still, it's got some pretty inappropriate stuff in here.I, personally, could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie. When I got out I realized my parents would not have liked it the least bit (except for the famous Spider Pig scene). Still, it's got some pretty inappropriate stuff in here. If you don't care and like stupid stuff, this is definitely your kind of thing. Expand
emlugo123Mar 9, 2015
This movie is freaking hilarious. Probably in my top 10 for the best comedy movies, not kidding. I laughed so hard in some scenes. I overall had a good time with this movie!
MariofanJan 17, 2015
The Simpsons Movie is one of the best movies of all time! The series has been going on for a long time with great episodes and this movie was awesome. It is really funny. It has a cool storyline. The voice actors are all back. This movie wasThe Simpsons Movie is one of the best movies of all time! The series has been going on for a long time with great episodes and this movie was awesome. It is really funny. It has a cool storyline. The voice actors are all back. This movie was a great movie and I highly recommend you watch it. Expand
TimeOfTheChimpsDec 20, 2014
This is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe'sThis is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA seals everyone in a big dome, and plots to blow up Springfield and everyone living in it. This is filled with an extreme influx of hilarious moments, including Homer trying to eat an electrified fish, the "Rock and a Hard Place" joke, Bart shooting Homer's hot-dog out of his hand with a slingshot, etc. The cast is extremely on point; they give the characters a sense of life no other show can match. Characterisation is also great. Homer is in his dumb, but lovable oaf form, Bart is the charismatic troublemaker we expect him to be (the show kind of forgot this in the later seasons), Lisa is her tree-hugger self (but she doesn't force it), Marge shows more emotion than she does on the show, and Maggie is cute and dangerous (keep the smashed bottle scene in mind). There are also plenty of emotional scenes as well. These include Lisa gushing about her new found love for an Irish boy named Colin, Bart's constant struggle to see Homer as a real father, and Marge's saddening message to Homer about their leaving Alaska for Springfield (along with the perfectly fitting "Close To You" song playing over their wedding video). Overall, this film has excellent characterisation and a flawless plot with the perfect ending (Homer and Marge riding off into the sunset), which makes this the perfect film to fit one of the world's best animated shows. 10/10. Expand
PeterParkerNov 8, 2014
The Simpsons movie it's the best movie of all time.There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events.The best movie ever.
MalamarOct 6, 2014
A wonderful movie, absolutely great any movie with The Simpsons are great its a funny movie with a good story and a great plot i advise you to go see this movie.
f3l1p3Sep 17, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O filme dos Simpsons é legal,histórico e divertido. Não chega a ser excepcional,mas chega quase lá. E ainda popularizou uma famosa canção: "Porco Aranha,porco aranha" Expand
SimpleReviewzSep 1, 2014
I'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this isI'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of the funniest films I have ever seen. All The Simpsons humour you love is here, and it pays tributes to the first 10 seasons more than The Simpsons episodes you've been seeing lately. Since the span of the movie is 90 minutes, pretty much every single character has lines. The storyline here is nothing noteworthy, but it didn't matter to me. One very small flaw is that within the first act very similiar jokes are used. I've said it once and I'll say it again: The Simpsons Movie is hilarious from start to finish. Expand
oxanaAug 25, 2014
The movie is tructured like the TV episodes: there is a beginning that has little to do with the end - yet they are in touch with each other.

However, we are talking about the Simpsons, and expecting an award-winning movie experience would be a little too much. The movie is funny, there's no way around that. If you like the TV show, you're guaranteed to like this. It isn't the best of the best, but satisfying enough for more than one watch.
diogomendesAug 3, 2014
Perhaps some episodes of the series are not humorous at all, but this movie is simply hilarious. "The Simpsons Movie" will cheer you up, will make you sad , make you think and, especially , it will entertain you. A film suitable for all ages.
hayashimegumiJul 31, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The main Simpson family consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and they reside in the fictional town of Springfield. Each of them have their own unique characteristics but in addition to Homer's epic level of intelligence, the family is largely, helplessly dysfunctional (which is kind of sad) but that's their life and that is, funny.

This film is indeed hilarious, there are lots of American humor, lots of sarcastic moments and lots of references to films like those of Disney, Titanic, Harry Potter, etc., in this film but those might be confusing to those who are new to the TV series too. However, The Simpsons fans, who are really fond of the family members will like this! It's the only film they have so far and people who like the typical adult American sitcoms would also enjoy this.

To be honest, this film is not easy to justify as it does feels like several episodes merged into one instead of one great film. Some people may find this film as one of the best animated feature film but this is truly no justice for a successful franchise with lots of potentials. Still, at the end of the film, it is strangely fun and fulfilling. Love the themes, which are mostly about family, religion and environment. If you needed a silly funny movie to watch, this could be the film you're looking for!

PS. This film is great for preaching about environmental.
FranzHcriticJul 25, 2014
A hilarious comedy based on the beloved sitcom, and not missing its trademark humor. This is a movie all Simpson fans should enjoy. Whoever doesn't enjoy this, at all, must not be a fan of the series, because it's exactly like a ninety minuteA hilarious comedy based on the beloved sitcom, and not missing its trademark humor. This is a movie all Simpson fans should enjoy. Whoever doesn't enjoy this, at all, must not be a fan of the series, because it's exactly like a ninety minute episode, which may be too prolonged for some, but I liked it well enough to rewatch it and was able laugh just as much as the first time. Expand
AndremaxMay 9, 2014
very funny as well as the entire series of the simpsons,
it looks like a giant episode
...........................................
...................
MichaelBagameryApr 19, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a big fan of The Simpsons, albeit kind of late to get on the bandwagon, I must say the movie is much better than virtually all recent episodes. But it lowballs itself in a few places.

The main plot takes a bit too long to get off the ground, and when it does, it’s a rehash of Marge leaving Homer with the kids again. YMMV on Bart’s nude skateboarding scene; I find it both funny and disgusting in one shot.

But when the jokes hit in this movie, they hit HARD!
MovieGuysMar 11, 2014
The Simpsons Movie manages to capture the same humor as the TV show, except maybe with a little more explicit content. It is a feat well done. And how can you not love Spiderpig?
mrniceAug 5, 2013
Might this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it lessMight this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. The political/social substance in the film is not really well carved out, but I'd rather have it be in there than left out completely. The computer-assisted animation is quite well integrated and makes for some quietly impressive images of movement on a round structure etc.. Expand
spearspitter65Aug 3, 2013
kinda disappointing compared to the tv show and is kinda moronic and does not feature the karn and kudos kolly man an early adaption to the simpsons show it also does not feature comic book guys brother gamer guy it also failed to put in askinda disappointing compared to the tv show and is kinda moronic and does not feature the karn and kudos kolly man an early adaption to the simpsons show it also does not feature comic book guys brother gamer guy it also failed to put in as much hilarity as the tv show Expand
shpreaJun 28, 2013
Do you like to laugh? Good, then see this movie. It's essentially the same concept as Stephen King's "Under the Dome", just far less dark and full of jokes, jokes, and more jokes.
Do yourself a favor and clap for Alaska.
sil3nt_nickMar 24, 2013
Very funny with good scenes and acting. Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't he's a pig. Look out, he's a spider pig.
SEROJMar 12, 2013
This is a 100% Simpsons experience! Funny,energetic and enjoyable to watch The Simpsons Movie gets my 8/10 When it got released (i was on vacation) i couldn't wait to come back to my hometown and watch it on the theater.
Rox22Feb 12, 2013
While I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make forWhile I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn't half bad, but this could easily have been cut into a three part episode. Expand
starmarx39Feb 11, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the funniest comedy I have seen in my life, enough so that to compare it to minor flicks like Jim Carry or Robin Williams would just be unfair. This flick brings you the Simpson family at their finest, introducing the audience to a clever, cynical world on the brink of corruption, and when Springfield becomes the most polluted city in the world,the audience will let out gasps of hilarity as they watch a nobody family almost contribute against a global conspiracy. This movie is one of the few in the world to truly bring its A-Game, without a single joke falling flat. Expand
WiesyJan 22, 2013
Very funny movie from a very funny program. I like the humor and the scenes where you don't expected what gonna happens. Of now on spider pig is my favorite song of 2007 :-) . This is the funniest movie of 2007.
skyminsterDec 5, 2012
Hilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint orHilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movie has redeemed the Simpsons as a whole, everyone wanting more of what made such a great series at the start of it all... and the movie... the movie is glorious. 9.3/10. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Classic Simpsons humor and particularly stellar animation throughout this successful comedy.
dan1234Sep 26, 2012
The Simpsons Movie
The Simpsons Movie
Story: While performing on Lake Springfield, rock band Green Day are killed when pollution in the lake dissolves their barge, following an audience revolt after frontman Billie Joe Armstrong proposes an environmental discussion. At a memorial service, Grampa has a prophetic vision in which he predicts the impending doom of the town, but only Marge takes it seriously. Then Homer dares Bart to skate naked and he does so. Lisa and an Irish boy named Colin, with whom she has fallen in love, hold a meeting where they convince the town to clean up the lake.
Characters:
Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Maggie
Personal Opinion: Funny, humorous, references from other films
Harry Potter (Homer names the pig
GagaForGhibliJun 3, 2012
One Of The Best Movies Of All Time!
The Simpsons Is The Best T.V. Show Of All Time!
fanguychrisMar 17, 2012
You've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. PessimistsYou've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bring The Simpsons onto the big screen, and that's an even better thing. This film is very very funny, very charming and overall it is a great laugh for the whole family :) Expand
JaySupertrampFeb 6, 2012
Who does not know The Simpsons? I love the TV-Series and the movie is nothing else than a really long episode. And its one of the best episodes ever by the way. Nothing more to say!
heyitsmegrif4Jan 17, 2012
This a creative, clever, charming and funny adventure for adults to actually enjoy. Along with its great animation and original story you get memories when animated movies were actually great. I give this film 85%.
Kieran91Nov 27, 2011
I truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an AmericanI truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an American family with fantastic humour brought to life by the most amazing array of characters. In spite of this, the movie just felt like one long episode and, to be so hyped up, let me down on that pointer alone. The storyline is typical of an episode which, let's be honest, isn't a bad thing... there's yet to be a Simpsons episode where I'm shaking my head at the end credits; I sat at the end of The Simpsons Movie with a grin on my face after loving some of the new characters and the typical Simpsons humour, however I was just expecting something a bit fresh for such a hyped up movie. The problem continues along those lines; there isn't really much else you can do for a Simpsons movie (or any cartoon movie for that matter) other than a feature-long episode, however The Simpsons have undoubtably set the bar to be the the funniest, most enthralling cartoon movie with a pretty decent storyline and the best set of characters ever created. If you want a pretty decent watch which is bound to provide laughs and all-round entertainment then The Simpsons Movie is designed for you; however, if you are expecting a block-buster to be packed into this film then you will be rather disappointed. Expand
ZilcellNov 13, 2011
We are lucky to have a Simpsons film in the first place. It is not an overlong episode like some say. The Simpsons movie has a funny story and the characters have rarely had better moments.
grandpajoe6191Sep 25, 2011
Probably America's most daring movie ever made....
CRLSep 24, 2011
Bitingly, achingly, hilariously funny. By the end of this movie you won't be able to get up from your couch to put away the popcorn; you'll have quite literally busted your gut laughing. Oh and look, it even comes with a little messageBitingly, achingly, hilariously funny. By the end of this movie you won't be able to get up from your couch to put away the popcorn; you'll have quite literally busted your gut laughing. Oh and look, it even comes with a little message inside... who could have guessed? Expand
Potter17Sep 10, 2011
It may seem just another prolonged episode but the film is funnier and livelier than the series itself. There is only one problem with this movie: when you watch it again you will not enjoy it as much as the first time.
Candy-FlossJul 23, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A generally good movie so I didn't feel like I was wasting my time. There were a couple of parts which I preferred not to watch where Homer visits that Inuit's home; even though it was significant to the plot, and also having the distraction of Bart skateboarding naked around Springfield. But it was funny, I can tell you that. One of the most memorable bits involved 'Spiderpig' - the Spiderpig song is still stuck in my head. The Simpsons use of humour never fails to amaze me and make me laugh. Expand
RogerSmith97Apr 24, 2011
1st Of All Thank You Critics!! :)
This Movie Could Not Be Any Better.. So So So So Funny.. I Love The Cast.. This Movie Has Some Moments I Will Never Forget! The Best Movie Of 07! The Writing ROX!
MiniCooper11Mar 10, 2011
Very good but it lost points for lack of characters and jokes
xXAnthonyXxFeb 17, 2011
spiderpig spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a pig, look out!! He is a spiderpig....nuff' said, love the movie.
MichaelDDec 29, 2010
It's a good movie. I do have a DVD of that movie but when you watch the movie too much, you get a bit tired of it. Still it's a great movie for everybody.
libnoDec 11, 2010
This has gotta be one of the best movies ever! It's smart, it's funny, and above all, the story is good. What else do you want from a comedy!?
GavGav96Dec 4, 2010
It may seem more like a prolonged episode than anything else, but it is both way more funny as well as serious, resulting in a great first film for 'The Simpsons'. Both fans (and some who aren't) will adore this movie.
MovieLonely94Nov 2, 2010
spiderpig spiderpig
does whatever a spiderpig does
can he swing from a web
no he can't he's a pig
look out he is a spiderpig
IsaacVJan 28, 2010
I thought this was pretty funny. 3/5 stars from me!
2 of 4 users found this helpful
JoshiTheCriticJan 26, 2010
This movie was great! It's perfect if you look at the past, and what they did now.
5 of 8 users found this helpful
sufiHMay 2, 2009
I loved this movie!I am a huge fan of the simpsons and i didnt think there was something to make me like it even more but I was WRONG! It still isnt perfect and i know that they could have made it much better but this is also good.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
AndrewNNov 10, 2008
Brilliant for the first 30 minutes but slid into relative mediocrity after that.
HarlenMJul 27, 2008
Like watching a ninety minute-long episode of the Simpsons, but a bit funnier.
GaryH.May 10, 2008
Fresh and entertainingly hilarious but limited with its run time.
AlexG.Apr 11, 2008
I am very annoyed with people who say that Th Simpsons are staling, ok a couple of the recent episodes haven't been up to the usual standards but they are still going strong this superb film is evident proof that the Simpson are better I am very annoyed with people who say that Th Simpsons are staling, ok a couple of the recent episodes haven't been up to the usual standards but they are still going strong this superb film is evident proof that the Simpson are better than ever before, pure brilliance right down to the last detail. Expand
TravisR.Mar 16, 2008
This movies is exactly what its title implies; The humor and characterizations are almost exactly the same as in the show, and the storyline doesn't feel too much like a Simpson's episode that you wonder how they turned it into a This movies is exactly what its title implies; The humor and characterizations are almost exactly the same as in the show, and the storyline doesn't feel too much like a Simpson's episode that you wonder how they turned it into a movie. Now as a Simpson's fan, I could appreciate the themes also, because they're so reminiscent of the earlier seasons. If you've never seen the show, some of it might go over your head, but it won't be anything that'll stop you understanding the movie or its jokes. A must see for fans and non-fans alike. Expand
PriyanthT.Jan 31, 2008
really funny but still not like the tv show.the advantage is that it is longer than the tv show and its a good entertainer.
WilliamTJan 25, 2008
Although funny and clever at times, The Simpsons Movie is basically just an extended episode. No giant plot twists, and you feel that some of the characters have been left out or given a very brief moment on screen. Then again, over 20 years Although funny and clever at times, The Simpsons Movie is basically just an extended episode. No giant plot twists, and you feel that some of the characters have been left out or given a very brief moment on screen. Then again, over 20 years of Episodes means that it might be just a bit hard to fit them into 80 minutes. If you love everything Simpson, watch this but be prepared to be a tad disappointed. If you aren't a fan, then you'll just be watching some other animated movie. Not bad, it just has way too much legacy to live up to for it to become a classic. Expand
LincLinkJan 21, 2008
I LOVED the film. I am especially thrilled when they deal with Shamanism, or anything Spiritual and/or Psychedelic on the show...and the Northern Shamanita was GREAT; funny, moving and gorgeous animation to watch.
ArthurXJan 21, 2008
I came for laughs, and this movie delivered. The first 30 minutes alone is worth the ticket/movie price.
JeremyXJan 18, 2008
I agree, some of the newer Simpsons episodes of the last 3 series' have been pretty bad, but I know I will watch them again and realise that it is really funny. I thought that the Simpsons was getting bad since around series 13 or so, I agree, some of the newer Simpsons episodes of the last 3 series' have been pretty bad, but I know I will watch them again and realise that it is really funny. I thought that the Simpsons was getting bad since around series 13 or so, but I watch the episodes again and found that the jokes are among the funniest. The Simpsons should keep going, and this film has proven this. The film itself had a laugh almost every minute until it became more and more serious, but you can tell that even then the writers didn't take it too seriously. The Simpsons Movie was produced by almost all the executive producers has ever had and even though some of us expected better, I'm sure they will make up for it in the next movie. Expand
VinothJan 12, 2008
not the funniest simpson compared to the TV show
Phil&RoxeeJan 8, 2008
This movie was very funny and crazy and weird and cool ans hot and cute and beautiful and pretty and yellow and long and not long and dark and blue and red and orange and green and purple and that it !!! Good luck to understand !!!
hollycJan 5, 2008
Unexpectedly laughed quite a bit during The Simpson's Movie---I have to admit, after about the first 6 or 7 seasons, I stopped watching the TV show religiously (I catch it from time to time), so my expectations weren't too high for Unexpectedly laughed quite a bit during The Simpson's Movie---I have to admit, after about the first 6 or 7 seasons, I stopped watching the TV show religiously (I catch it from time to time), so my expectations weren't too high for the movie. However, I was very surprised at the caliber of stuff in the film--even though, by most movie standards, I don't think they were aiming that high. Still though, "spiderpig" had me rolling---especially with the full backing choral orchestra doing it. Bravo to the Simpson's crew and Matt Groening--on making a really enjoyable film. Expand
MichelleT.Jan 4, 2008
Yoyu people are crazy. What the hell is wrong withyou. The Simpsons was hella funny. you guys have no sense of humor. You are crazy to rate the Simpsons a 2 or a 3. Just Crazy
willa.Dec 31, 2007
Good but they could have done better by including more deleted scences and more behind the scenes stuff but still worth the 20$ when on sale.
PeterJ.Dec 28, 2007
Goodsolid movie. I was not expecting it to be as good as it actually was. I took away 1 point for the penis scene though...
MrToadDec 23, 2007
Kind of random and rambling (i don't watch the tv show), but very enjoyable. The humor works, and of course it's just a series of jokes under a very loose plot, but that doesn't detract, i don't think.
JoBDec 22, 2007
Anyone that doesn't appreciate the humor of the Simpsons or this movie simply has no understanding of what a satire is. Although the quality of recent Simpsons seasons is questionable, this film was hilarious--I laughed the entire way Anyone that doesn't appreciate the humor of the Simpsons or this movie simply has no understanding of what a satire is. Although the quality of recent Simpsons seasons is questionable, this film was hilarious--I laughed the entire way through, especially when the jokes were bad because they were bad on purpose. If you didn't pick up on that, then, well, you don't understand the show. Expand
MarkJ.Dec 22, 2007
The Simpson's movie is the perfect barometer needed to separate the decent critics from the elitist ones. Yes, it's silly. Yes, it's not quite what the show was 10 years ago. Yes, some of the humor doesn't work. But yes, The Simpson's movie is the perfect barometer needed to separate the decent critics from the elitist ones. Yes, it's silly. Yes, it's not quite what the show was 10 years ago. Yes, some of the humor doesn't work. But yes, it's a good movie. It's funny, it's got heart and it's succeeded where South Park did before it: It told a story to big for the small-screen. Expand
[Anonmous]Dec 21, 2007
Better than expected. Along the lines of some of the funniest classic episodes.
BrandonS.Dec 19, 2007
It was an enjoyable movie, but hardly amazing. Better than South Park, but not as good as Beavis and Butt-head Do America.
TommyN.Dec 18, 2007
True that The Simpsons Movie beats Bigger, Longer and Uncut. And South Park... make sure to swear it right to make it funny.
CooelDec 9, 2007
Officially the funniest film I've ever seen.
XavierJDec 8, 2007
The Simpsons Movie was a good movie but I didn't find some other things funny like "spider pig", thought that was just silly. But the film is worth seeing, especially after the first half.
ChuckBDec 2, 2007
Film worth seeing. Real rating would be 8,5, but wanted to give better rating just because some retards are giving it such a low score.
BrianS.Nov 25, 2007
So funny your guts will pop out
BenCNov 17, 2007
It was so cool to finally see the Simpsons on the big screen. The good and bad thing about this film is that it's basically just an extended episode of the show, the earlier seasons mind you. If you're a fan of the show you'll It was so cool to finally see the Simpsons on the big screen. The good and bad thing about this film is that it's basically just an extended episode of the show, the earlier seasons mind you. If you're a fan of the show you'll probably get some enjoymnet out of this. Expand
RyanD.Nov 12, 2007
You people who rated it badly are retarded. That is all. I, ost of the critics, and everyone in the theater laughed all the way through.
SuperManNov 7, 2007
Longer, Darker, Funnier, BETTER than ANY Simpsons episode.
SteveKOct 19, 2007
Repeat after me, parents... This is NOT a kids movie. This is NOT a kids movie. Just because it's animated does NOT make it a kids' movie. The first 30 minutes are incredibly hilarious, it drags a bit, but then again we've Repeat after me, parents... This is NOT a kids movie. This is NOT a kids movie. Just because it's animated does NOT make it a kids' movie. The first 30 minutes are incredibly hilarious, it drags a bit, but then again we've never seen a feature-length Simpsons before. The audience hasn't been primed for a Simpsons experience this long or drawn out. In the end, it is an entertaining movie with some nice little treats for those who've followed the Simpsons. Expand
BillieM.Oct 9, 2007
Bloody hell, this movie rocks!!!