Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: July 27, 2007
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 710 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeJan 7, 2016
I was going to give this an 8, but that's hard from it reaching there depending on this one unwanted character that could need a bit of work throughout from the entire movie. Despite that, it'll bring back the glory days of what made theI was going to give this an 8, but that's hard from it reaching there depending on this one unwanted character that could need a bit of work throughout from the entire movie. Despite that, it'll bring back the glory days of what made the Simpsons a good show before its downfall. Expand
MovieGuysMar 11, 2014
The Simpsons Movie manages to capture the same humor as the TV show, except maybe with a little more explicit content. It is a feat well done. And how can you not love Spiderpig?
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Classic Simpsons humor and particularly stellar animation throughout this successful comedy.
grandpajoe6191Sep 25, 2011
Probably America's most daring movie ever made....
Tss5078Nov 10, 2014
Many fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that theMany fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that the film didn't take place in Springfield and didn't utilize the side characters much, but again, the film wasn't meant for the die hard Simpsons fan. While the show has been on for more than a quarter century, prior to the films release, ratings for the show were in the toilet, and it was only being kept alive by syndication and merchandising money. The point of the film was to be childish and geared towards a younger audience. While fans of the show were expecting the film to be extreme like the South Park movie, what they got amounted to little more than a children's movie. The fans were upset, but the studios gamble paid off, as the ratings went up and have continued to be much better. For those who didn't see it, the film focuses on Homer, who made the mistake of polluting the town, to a point where the EPA put a big dome over Springfield to separate it from the rest of the country. As angry town folks form a mob, intent on getting Homer, the family escapes and goes on the run. The film is far from being the best the Simpsons has to offer, but it served it's purpose in attracting younger viewers and raising the ratings. Fans may have been upset with Matt Groening, but what he did saved the show for who knows how many future seasons. The film isn't spectacular, but it was good for introducing new fans to the characters we all know and love. Expand
TokyochuchuJan 27, 2013
The Simpsons Movie is decent yet disappointing. The film feels like an everyday episode of the show but has it's jokes stretched out too thin. Not as good as it should have been.
CineAutoctonoJul 26, 2015
Of all the movies this is the best and especially the most beloved family of global television, good plot , good funny content and Homer had gotten there on a big problem, but we solved it as he can do, and the spiderpig LOL! what's funny.
ZilcellNov 13, 2011
We are lucky to have a Simpsons film in the first place. It is not an overlong episode like some say. The Simpsons movie has a funny story and the characters have rarely had better moments.
FranzHcriticJul 25, 2014
A hilarious comedy based on the beloved sitcom, and not missing its trademark humor. This is a movie all Simpson fans should enjoy. Whoever doesn't enjoy this, at all, must not be a fan of the series, because it's exactly like a ninety minuteA hilarious comedy based on the beloved sitcom, and not missing its trademark humor. This is a movie all Simpson fans should enjoy. Whoever doesn't enjoy this, at all, must not be a fan of the series, because it's exactly like a ninety minute episode, which may be too prolonged for some, but I liked it well enough to rewatch it and was able laugh just as much as the first time. Expand
oxanaAug 25, 2014
The movie is tructured like the TV episodes: there is a beginning that has little to do with the end - yet they are in touch with each other.

However, we are talking about the Simpsons, and expecting an award-winning movie experience would be a little too much. The movie is funny, there's no way around that. If you like the TV show, you're guaranteed to like this. It isn't the best of the best, but satisfying enough for more than one watch.
MovieLonely94Nov 2, 2010
spiderpig spiderpig
does whatever a spiderpig does
can he swing from a web
no he can't he's a pig
look out he is a spiderpig
heyitsmegrif4Jan 17, 2012
This a creative, clever, charming and funny adventure for adults to actually enjoy. Along with its great animation and original story you get memories when animated movies were actually great. I give this film 85%.
homer4presidentMar 11, 2015
I, personally, could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie. When I got out I realized my parents would not have liked it the least bit (except for the famous Spider Pig scene). Still, it's got some pretty inappropriate stuff in here.I, personally, could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie. When I got out I realized my parents would not have liked it the least bit (except for the famous Spider Pig scene). Still, it's got some pretty inappropriate stuff in here. If you don't care and like stupid stuff, this is definitely your kind of thing. Expand
Rox22Feb 12, 2013
While I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make forWhile I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn't half bad, but this could easily have been cut into a three part episode. Expand
diogomendesAug 3, 2014
Perhaps some episodes of the series are not humorous at all, but this movie is simply hilarious. "The Simpsons Movie" will cheer you up, will make you sad , make you think and, especially , it will entertain you. A film suitable for all ages.
SEROJMar 12, 2013
This is a 100% Simpsons experience! Funny,energetic and enjoyable to watch The Simpsons Movie gets my 8/10 When it got released (i was on vacation) i couldn't wait to come back to my hometown and watch it on the theater.
MrMovieBuffMar 19, 2015
I grew up watching 'The Simpsons' TV show, you know, like everybody else in the entire world...so when I heard that they were making a movie out of a TV show that's been on for years and that I'm a huge fan of... you can imagine how excited II grew up watching 'The Simpsons' TV show, you know, like everybody else in the entire world...so when I heard that they were making a movie out of a TV show that's been on for years and that I'm a huge fan of... you can imagine how excited I was feeling.

Boy was I disappointed...massively disappointed. 'The Simpsons Movie' is a weak comedy that tries to have a big-scale plot and tries to throw in as many twists as possible, but for me, it just backfired.

The movie's main focus is about the environment and keeping it safe, Homer, however after adopting a pet pig, makes a stupid decision to dump the "Pig Crap" silo into the river and polluting the environment. Meanwhile, Lisa has fallen for a boy named Collin who shares the same interests about keeping the environment safe. Bart, for reasons of his own, has built a relationship with Ned Flanders simply because Homer is not a good enough father and Flanders respects Bart.

The family get under attack from the Springfield population after hearing what Homer did and because of his idiotic decision, it led Springfield to be trapped underneath the dome. The family manage to escape and reside in Alaska and start a new life there.

The voice actors do a great job at showing all of the characters' different emotions as you'd expect since they've been doing this throughout the television show. Obviously, one cannot go wrong with the animation as well.

My only issues with this film include the humor, it's not very funny. The television show had me laughing with the sarcastic humor and slapstick style. But this movie really scraped the bottom of the barrel here, the "Spider Pig" moment was supposed to be the funniest movie moment of 2007, but I had a straight face throughout the entire sequence...it just was not funny at all.

The plot was just uninteresting and too big-scale, it did not feel like one long "Simpsons" episode, it just felt like a huge Simpsons movie-wannabe and did not pay off in any way.

I am disappointed, I do not plan on watching this movie again...unless I am REALLY bored.
RayzorMooseNov 13, 2013
The Simpsons Movie is simply that.
A good all around movie capturing the eyes of its target audience. Laughs, a little story, and a good bit of fun all around.
TrilobiteGJul 10, 2015
Still a brilliant animated film. The simpsons has been criticised in recent years for dry humour but this movie undoubtedly proves that they have still got it. There is something for everyone, gross-out humour, clever humour and hidden humourStill a brilliant animated film. The simpsons has been criticised in recent years for dry humour but this movie undoubtedly proves that they have still got it. There is something for everyone, gross-out humour, clever humour and hidden humour that only people that know the reference will get. Excellent comedy and still the best cartoon adaptation of a movie of all time. Expand
FreedomFightersNov 10, 2016
David Silverman has done the impossible: where most cartoon-to-film adaptations just feel like drawn out episodes of the show, "The Simpsons Movie" is a love letter to one of the longest-running TV shows in history. Beautifully-animated,David Silverman has done the impossible: where most cartoon-to-film adaptations just feel like drawn out episodes of the show, "The Simpsons Movie" is a love letter to one of the longest-running TV shows in history. Beautifully-animated, wonderfully-written, well-acted, hilarious, charming, and even some heart, "The Simpsons Movie" is easily the best cartoon-to-film adaptation that there is, and it might even be one of the best animated films out there. If you haven't gotten to see this tremendous film, please, do yourself a favor. Expand
DanBurritoSep 10, 2015
This movie is flippin' hilarious. It's got lots of Classic Simpsons humour and though it sometimes feels like an extended episode, the laughs just keep on coming so that makes it worth it. If you love the Simpsons, this is a must see.
MadMaxFuryRoadOct 30, 2015
The Simpsons Movie! I don't even know what to say... I'm speechless. I was extremely blown away by the amount of humor in this film. I had to pause the T.V. and watch it around 10 times, before it got over it! I have not seen any of theThe Simpsons Movie! I don't even know what to say... I'm speechless. I was extremely blown away by the amount of humor in this film. I had to pause the T.V. and watch it around 10 times, before it got over it! I have not seen any of the Simpsons T.V. shows, and I didn't quite know what to expect, but I was completely satisfied and there was a great amount of heart into it as well. Hope they make a sequel to this and this was near perfect, except for the fact that the film should have been rated PG instead of PG-13 cause it may cause a lot of kids not being able to watch this; but in my opinion, this is ok for them. Expand
SimpsonFansAug 4, 2016
This movie is perfect for the entire family. I actually enjoy this so much. There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events. The best movie ever based on a long-running cartoon.
BarneyOnMTJan 5, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Like the Simpsons? The movie is like an extended but not dragged out episode of Simpsons style fun and humour. The writing, animation and plot make this film something fans will love.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It's fairly forgettable
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It's fairly forgettable because nothing much sets it apart from the TV shows
VERDICT: It's very fun and it's very well written, but it'snothing particularly creative or exciting from the franchise.
MichaelDDec 29, 2010
It's a good movie. I do have a DVD of that movie but when you watch the movie too much, you get a bit tired of it. Still it's a great movie for everybody.
sil3nt_nickMar 24, 2013
Very funny with good scenes and acting. Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't he's a pig. Look out, he's a spider pig.
Potter17Sep 10, 2011
It may seem just another prolonged episode but the film is funnier and livelier than the series itself. There is only one problem with this movie: when you watch it again you will not enjoy it as much as the first time.
YellowKirbySep 9, 2015
The Simpsons movie is hilarious and has a good story. The only problems are when it gets too random or when it feels like an extended episode. All in all a great movie and a must see for "Simpsons" fans.
teddylukeMay 6, 2015
love this film from beginning to end this is one of the best films of 2007. it is funny it is heartbreaking I really wanted to see where this ending is just a good film to a good TV series.
GagaForGhibliJun 3, 2012
One Of The Best Movies Of All Time!
The Simpsons Is The Best T.V. Show Of All Time!
reviewfrom19842Sep 4, 2016
Great movie. With Likeable charters and a fun story The Simpsons Movie is a fun and a heartwarming movie with a lot of great scenes. The villain was a little weak thought another then that great movie.
Tiber5Sep 27, 2016
Put simply, if somebody had to make a "Simpsons" movie, this is pretty much what it should be -- clever, irreverent, satirical and outfitted with a larger-than-22-minutes plot, capable (just barely) of sustaining a narrative roughly fourPut simply, if somebody had to make a "Simpsons" movie, this is pretty much what it should be -- clever, irreverent, satirical and outfitted with a larger-than-22-minutes plot, capable (just barely) of sustaining a narrative roughly four times the length of a standard episode. Expand
dyshpoMar 23, 2015
Epic fail this should have been 2 an half hours long filled with satirical humor and critical insights about humanity but nope we get spider pig . It should have had a R rating since they did not have to deal with TV censorship but nope theyEpic fail this should have been 2 an half hours long filled with satirical humor and critical insights about humanity but nope we get spider pig . It should have had a R rating since they did not have to deal with TV censorship but nope they went for quick money of pg13 . What a complete waste just think of all the hard critique of society failure got thrown out for profit. This movie marks when they completely sold-out. The show itself has lost it's sense of fun and commentary because of Al Jean. They could have crammed more jokes in a lot more. Had I been in charge I would have used the actors to help get this movie to be 3 hours long. Expand
ThatCooperGuyAug 14, 2015
So... this film had 11 writers, but they couldn't get past the movie standard 90 minute mark? D'oh!

Luckily, this 87 minute long movie is a solid animated flick. It's funny, the animation looks fantastic, and I love the use of the 2.40:1 aspect ratio. It can be so creative. I adore the action sequence near the end on the motorcycle and I love the film's score, along with Green Day's rendition of the show's theme song.
It's a great TV show to film adaptation.
skyminsterDec 5, 2012
Hilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint orHilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movie has redeemed the Simpsons as a whole, everyone wanting more of what made such a great series at the start of it all... and the movie... the movie is glorious. 9.3/10. Expand
RogerSmith97Apr 24, 2011
1st Of All Thank You Critics!! :)
This Movie Could Not Be Any Better.. So So So So Funny.. I Love The Cast.. This Movie Has Some Moments I Will Never Forget! The Best Movie Of 07! The Writing ROX!
CRLSep 24, 2011
Bitingly, achingly, hilariously funny. By the end of this movie you won't be able to get up from your couch to put away the popcorn; you'll have quite literally busted your gut laughing. Oh and look, it even comes with a little messageBitingly, achingly, hilariously funny. By the end of this movie you won't be able to get up from your couch to put away the popcorn; you'll have quite literally busted your gut laughing. Oh and look, it even comes with a little message inside... who could have guessed? Expand
AaronWasserman1Apr 23, 2016
The show has run out of steam, but the movie is somewhat enjoyable. It had a decent amount of funny moments the first time, however it is not a movie that really has re-watchability. It is decent on first time viewing, but that is all youThe show has run out of steam, but the movie is somewhat enjoyable. It had a decent amount of funny moments the first time, however it is not a movie that really has re-watchability. It is decent on first time viewing, but that is all you really need to give it. Expand
GamecubeLoverJul 26, 2016
I was expecting to give this movie a 10 but I gave it an 8. But the movie is still amazing! Lets talk about why this movie is amazing. One word...spiderpig.
AtTheMoviesJun 17, 2011
This movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. ThisThis movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. This movie marked the beginning of the end of my love of The Simpsons. If you are a fan of the show, you will most probably love this movie. But for someone who doesn't watch the show, I do not recommend seeing this movie. Expand
mrniceAug 5, 2013
Might this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it lessMight this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. The political/social substance in the film is not really well carved out, but I'd rather have it be in there than left out completely. The computer-assisted animation is quite well integrated and makes for some quietly impressive images of movement on a round structure etc.. Expand
TimeOfTheChimpsDec 20, 2014
This is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe'sThis is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA seals everyone in a big dome, and plots to blow up Springfield and everyone living in it. This is filled with an extreme influx of hilarious moments, including Homer trying to eat an electrified fish, the "Rock and a Hard Place" joke, Bart shooting Homer's hot-dog out of his hand with a slingshot, etc. The cast is extremely on point; they give the characters a sense of life no other show can match. Characterisation is also great. Homer is in his dumb, but lovable oaf form, Bart is the charismatic troublemaker we expect him to be (the show kind of forgot this in the later seasons), Lisa is her tree-hugger self (but she doesn't force it), Marge shows more emotion than she does on the show, and Maggie is cute and dangerous (keep the smashed bottle scene in mind). There are also plenty of emotional scenes as well. These include Lisa gushing about her new found love for an Irish boy named Colin, Bart's constant struggle to see Homer as a real father, and Marge's saddening message to Homer about their leaving Alaska for Springfield (along with the perfectly fitting "Close To You" song playing over their wedding video). Overall, this film has excellent characterisation and a flawless plot with the perfect ending (Homer and Marge riding off into the sunset), which makes this the perfect film to fit one of the world's best animated shows. 10/10. Expand
shpreaJun 28, 2013
Do you like to laugh? Good, then see this movie. It's essentially the same concept as Stephen King's "Under the Dome", just far less dark and full of jokes, jokes, and more jokes.
Do yourself a favor and clap for Alaska.
WiesyJan 22, 2013
Very funny movie from a very funny program. I like the humor and the scenes where you don't expected what gonna happens. Of now on spider pig is my favorite song of 2007 :-) . This is the funniest movie of 2007.
MonkiReviewsMay 22, 2017
I have seen every episode and the movie. The movie, is amazing. I can't believe how funny it was and how many times a laughed. The story and characters are of course, classic Simpsons.
JaySupertrampFeb 6, 2012
Who does not know The Simpsons? I love the TV-Series and the movie is nothing else than a really long episode. And its one of the best episodes ever by the way. Nothing more to say!
GavGav96Dec 4, 2010
It may seem more like a prolonged episode than anything else, but it is both way more funny as well as serious, resulting in a great first film for 'The Simpsons'. Both fans (and some who aren't) will adore this movie.
MetallicCriticDec 14, 2011
Only funny if you watch it in theaters. You need an audience to appreciate and laugh hard while watching this. It's also only funny the first time. It lacks the charm and everything else that the show has. I was also discussed by the showingOnly funny if you watch it in theaters. You need an audience to appreciate and laugh hard while watching this. It's also only funny the first time. It lacks the charm and everything else that the show has. I was also discussed by the showing of Bart's penis. The writing was okay. My favorite line was "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does what ever Spiderpig does, can he swing from a web no he can't he's a pig lookout, lookout for Spiderpig." I'm not sure if that is how you write that line but you understand what I'm getting at. Expand
f3l1p3Sep 17, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O filme dos Simpsons é legal,histórico e divertido. Não chega a ser excepcional,mas chega quase lá. E ainda popularizou uma famosa canção: "Porco Aranha,porco aranha" Expand
MariofanJan 17, 2015
The Simpsons Movie is one of the best movies of all time! The series has been going on for a long time with great episodes and this movie was awesome. It is really funny. It has a cool storyline. The voice actors are all back. This movie wasThe Simpsons Movie is one of the best movies of all time! The series has been going on for a long time with great episodes and this movie was awesome. It is really funny. It has a cool storyline. The voice actors are all back. This movie was a great movie and I highly recommend you watch it. Expand
PeterParkerNov 8, 2014
The Simpsons movie it's the best movie of all time.There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events.The best movie ever.
SimpleReviewzSep 1, 2014
I'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this isI'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of the funniest films I have ever seen. All The Simpsons humour you love is here, and it pays tributes to the first 10 seasons more than The Simpsons episodes you've been seeing lately. Since the span of the movie is 90 minutes, pretty much every single character has lines. The storyline here is nothing noteworthy, but it didn't matter to me. One very small flaw is that within the first act very similiar jokes are used. I've said it once and I'll say it again: The Simpsons Movie is hilarious from start to finish. Expand
xXAnthonyXxFeb 17, 2011
spiderpig spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a pig, look out!! He is a spiderpig....nuff' said, love the movie.
EndermanJan 20, 2017
The Simpsons Movie, in the end, is as good as an average episode of "The Simpsons." In other words, I’d be willing to watch it only -- excuse me while I crunch some numbers here -- 20 or 30 more times.
TiberScientistNov 10, 2016
The critics should go back and upgrade the Simpsons movie to universal acclaim status. Because this is hilariously delicious movie and also the best animated film of the year. YAYY!!!
libnoDec 11, 2010
This has gotta be one of the best movies ever! It's smart, it's funny, and above all, the story is good. What else do you want from a comedy!?
AGKJun 14, 2015
I love the simpsons a lot, and this movie when i was younger was really good and I was really excited to see it. I also got it on DVD but then it got stolen so I couldn't watch it, about 4 years later of not seeing it i caught it on TV, II love the simpsons a lot, and this movie when i was younger was really good and I was really excited to see it. I also got it on DVD but then it got stolen so I couldn't watch it, about 4 years later of not seeing it i caught it on TV, I recorded it, watched it and I still liked it! I definitely recommend it for all simpsons fans and movie fans out there! it is worth it. Expand
MichaelBagameryApr 19, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a big fan of The Simpsons, albeit kind of late to get on the bandwagon, I must say the movie is much better than virtually all recent episodes. But it lowballs itself in a few places.

The main plot takes a bit too long to get off the ground, and when it does, it’s a rehash of Marge leaving Homer with the kids again. YMMV on Bart’s nude skateboarding scene; I find it both funny and disgusting in one shot.

But when the jokes hit in this movie, they hit HARD!
fanguychrisMar 17, 2012
You've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. PessimistsYou've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bring The Simpsons onto the big screen, and that's an even better thing. This film is very very funny, very charming and overall it is a great laugh for the whole family :) Expand
emlugo123Mar 9, 2015
This movie is freaking hilarious. Probably in my top 10 for the best comedy movies, not kidding. I laughed so hard in some scenes. I overall had a good time with this movie!
hayashimegumiJul 31, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The main Simpson family consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and they reside in the fictional town of Springfield. Each of them have their own unique characteristics but in addition to Homer's epic level of intelligence, the family is largely, helplessly dysfunctional (which is kind of sad) but that's their life and that is, funny.

This film is indeed hilarious, there are lots of American humor, lots of sarcastic moments and lots of references to films like those of Disney, Titanic, Harry Potter, etc., in this film but those might be confusing to those who are new to the TV series too. However, The Simpsons fans, who are really fond of the family members will like this! It's the only film they have so far and people who like the typical adult American sitcoms would also enjoy this.

To be honest, this film is not easy to justify as it does feels like several episodes merged into one instead of one great film. Some people may find this film as one of the best animated feature film but this is truly no justice for a successful franchise with lots of potentials. Still, at the end of the film, it is strangely fun and fulfilling. Love the themes, which are mostly about family, religion and environment. If you needed a silly funny movie to watch, this could be the film you're looking for!

PS. This film is great for preaching about environmental.
ImaginaryCriticApr 19, 2015
An instant classic with hilarious jokes and great quotes. The Simpsons Movie sure is the best animated/cartoon movie that i have seen. Homer as the idiot dad and Bart as the brat like always. The movie is original and perfect in any way. TheAn instant classic with hilarious jokes and great quotes. The Simpsons Movie sure is the best animated/cartoon movie that i have seen. Homer as the idiot dad and Bart as the brat like always. The movie is original and perfect in any way. The movie that you will more than once. Expand
KrabsAbsNov 23, 2016
starmarx39Feb 11, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the funniest comedy I have seen in my life, enough so that to compare it to minor flicks like Jim Carry or Robin Williams would just be unfair. This flick brings you the Simpson family at their finest, introducing the audience to a clever, cynical world on the brink of corruption, and when Springfield becomes the most polluted city in the world,the audience will let out gasps of hilarity as they watch a nobody family almost contribute against a global conspiracy. This movie is one of the few in the world to truly bring its A-Game, without a single joke falling flat. Expand
Candy-FlossJul 23, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A generally good movie so I didn't feel like I was wasting my time. There were a couple of parts which I preferred not to watch where Homer visits that Inuit's home; even though it was significant to the plot, and also having the distraction of Bart skateboarding naked around Springfield. But it was funny, I can tell you that. One of the most memorable bits involved 'Spiderpig' - the Spiderpig song is still stuck in my head. The Simpsons use of humour never fails to amaze me and make me laugh. Expand
MalamarOct 6, 2014
A wonderful movie, absolutely great any movie with The Simpsons are great its a funny movie with a good story and a great plot i advise you to go see this movie.
Jiano74Jan 24, 2016
Brilliant movie simply put this is how to make a comedy movie properly maybe Adam Sandler should take a few notes, eh what am I saying that won't help. Back to the movie I have seen it hundreds of time maybe a few to many and I love it everyBrilliant movie simply put this is how to make a comedy movie properly maybe Adam Sandler should take a few notes, eh what am I saying that won't help. Back to the movie I have seen it hundreds of time maybe a few to many and I love it every time I watch it. Expand
Kieran91Nov 27, 2011
I truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an AmericanI truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an American family with fantastic humour brought to life by the most amazing array of characters. In spite of this, the movie just felt like one long episode and, to be so hyped up, let me down on that pointer alone. The storyline is typical of an episode which, let's be honest, isn't a bad thing... there's yet to be a Simpsons episode where I'm shaking my head at the end credits; I sat at the end of The Simpsons Movie with a grin on my face after loving some of the new characters and the typical Simpsons humour, however I was just expecting something a bit fresh for such a hyped up movie. The problem continues along those lines; there isn't really much else you can do for a Simpsons movie (or any cartoon movie for that matter) other than a feature-long episode, however The Simpsons have undoubtably set the bar to be the the funniest, most enthralling cartoon movie with a pretty decent storyline and the best set of characters ever created. If you want a pretty decent watch which is bound to provide laughs and all-round entertainment then The Simpsons Movie is designed for you; however, if you are expecting a block-buster to be packed into this film then you will be rather disappointed. Expand
spearspitter65Aug 3, 2013
kinda disappointing compared to the tv show and is kinda moronic and does not feature the karn and kudos kolly man an early adaption to the simpsons show it also does not feature comic book guys brother gamer guy it also failed to put in askinda disappointing compared to the tv show and is kinda moronic and does not feature the karn and kudos kolly man an early adaption to the simpsons show it also does not feature comic book guys brother gamer guy it also failed to put in as much hilarity as the tv show Expand
ThemazedudeApr 16, 2015
This is a great movie! If your a fan of the simpsons then watch this! It's very funny and you will have a great time watching it with your friends or family or just by yourself!
AndremaxMay 9, 2014
very funny as well as the entire series of the simpsons,
it looks like a giant episode
...........................................
...................
DavidL.Jul 29, 2007
Definitely funny, highly entertaining. There was unfortunately a complete lack of Sideshow Bob and very little Mr Burns. I would say that the writers crossed the line on 3 occasions which was upsetting for this longtime fan. There was no Definitely funny, highly entertaining. There was unfortunately a complete lack of Sideshow Bob and very little Mr Burns. I would say that the writers crossed the line on 3 occasions which was upsetting for this longtime fan. There was no need to see Bart's genitals, Homer giving the middle finger, or Marge using the "G-D" phrase. The writers should be above that. Expand
SpongeeeJul 30, 2007
The movie runs parallel with the Simpsons of today. The show reached its prime in the mid to late 90s and has been pretty funny since. The movie itself is pretty funny but fails to reach the prime. Thats ok. It's still way kewl to see The movie runs parallel with the Simpsons of today. The show reached its prime in the mid to late 90s and has been pretty funny since. The movie itself is pretty funny but fails to reach the prime. Thats ok. It's still way kewl to see the Simpsons on large format and the 3D animation really gives it a big world feel which a tv to film transfer needs and deserves. If you liked the Simpsons at any point, go see this movie. Def worth a shot. Expand
IanbJan 2, 2008
A long tv show not a movie....stupid story....same jokes...nothing new = very dull and lifeless.
2 of 5 users found this helpful
KelR.Oct 1, 2007
For me this movie is the disappointment of the year. The hype for this movie alludes me, it was preachy and simply not funny unless I assume you're high. Seriously, I found myself shaking my head so many times in sheer disgust while For me this movie is the disappointment of the year. The hype for this movie alludes me, it was preachy and simply not funny unless I assume you're high. Seriously, I found myself shaking my head so many times in sheer disgust while bewildered at why in the world the audience was laughing. I only laughed 3 or 4 times and yes I DO have a sense of humor but have a tendency to laugh at things with wit, irony, and sarcasm- not senseless arbitrary humor that I honestly believe any high school stoner could have written. Prepare to be disappointed. Expand
4 of 6 users found this helpful
WayneO.Nov 6, 2007
I have to say that I was VERY disappointed in this movie. It amounted to nothing more than an over-extended episode. The plot was fine for a half hour show but did not translate well into feature-length. I actually fell asleep after 45 I have to say that I was VERY disappointed in this movie. It amounted to nothing more than an over-extended episode. The plot was fine for a half hour show but did not translate well into feature-length. I actually fell asleep after 45 minutes of this boring movie. Expand
2 of 3 users found this helpful
DanielW.Jul 28, 2007
OK, but not great. Critics who raved about this should be required to watch the first few seasons of this show again, just to remind themselves of what the Simpsons represented at their peak -- a family just as significant as the Sopranos. OK, but not great. Critics who raved about this should be required to watch the first few seasons of this show again, just to remind themselves of what the Simpsons represented at their peak -- a family just as significant as the Sopranos. My 7 year-old son laughed at the wiener jokes, and I felt depressingly old remembering just how good this show was years before he was born. Expand
2 of 3 users found this helpful
JoeG.Jul 30, 2007
Very very funny movie. Simpsons kept constant laughs coming (usually at least once a minute) in its typical style of humor. The only part that was slow was (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) after Homer's family left him in Alaska (END SPOILERS)... Very very funny movie. Simpsons kept constant laughs coming (usually at least once a minute) in its typical style of humor. The only part that was slow was (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) after Homer's family left him in Alaska (END SPOILERS)... But then the movie came back with a hilarious joke (to be continued...). Overall good movie -- but not kid-friendly. A few offensive parts (relating to the Bible and Christianity) but otherwise good. Again, it was FREAKIN HILARIOUS! Expand
LuisO.Jul 30, 2007
Give me a break to the person that said "Beware Carig Parents." There is nothing in this movie remotely offensive. And since when is the Simpsons considered a children's show anyway? Most of the jokes on the Simpsons are for a more Give me a break to the person that said "Beware Carig Parents." There is nothing in this movie remotely offensive. And since when is the Simpsons considered a children's show anyway? Most of the jokes on the Simpsons are for a more adult audience and always have been. The only thing this movie does different than the series in that respect is that the jokes can be coupled with more visuals that the uptight sensors at FOX would not approve for normal TV. But nothing offensive in the least. Bottom line, if you already let your kids watch the series, this movie is fine for them. Anyway, I thought the movie was awesome. The characters somehow became alive compared to how they act on TV when it comes to showing real emotion. The movie has some serious scenes and they serve to provide a lot of character development. Much more than what my expectations were for a Simpsons movie I must say. This is not Shakespeare people, it's the Simpsons. This movie will not make converts of people that are not already fans, but if you love the series, you will love the movie, period. Highly recommended. Expand
JoeyK.Aug 10, 2007
Everything that a reasonable person should expect from a Simpsons Movie. Not a great, innovative, or typical film, but the TV show transformed into a feature film in the only way that would work. The humor, while not the absolute best that Everything that a reasonable person should expect from a Simpsons Movie. Not a great, innovative, or typical film, but the TV show transformed into a feature film in the only way that would work. The humor, while not the absolute best that The Simpsons has to offer, hearkens back to the prime of the show. I haven't really watched the show in ages. It got stale, preachy, and unfunny. But this movie really reminded me of how the show used to be great. And good news, all the social and political commentary is right where it belongs: tucked away in snarky comments sprinkled throughout the movie. *Homer flipping through the Bible* "This book doesn't have any answers!" If you ever liked The Simpsons, you'll enjoy this movie, but it's nothing amazing. It's The Simpsons in movie form. That's all. Expand
TimA.Aug 1, 2007
Highly, Highly over rated by critics and press critics alike. I absolutely love the Simpsons TV series and have watched it for over 10 years. I was almost afraid to go and watch this because I didn't see the point in them making the Highly, Highly over rated by critics and press critics alike. I absolutely love the Simpsons TV series and have watched it for over 10 years. I was almost afraid to go and watch this because I didn't see the point in them making the film when they had resisted for so long. being highly cynical i feel it is one last cash in before they go and count their cash in retirement. The jokes (if some of them can truly be called that) can be seen coming a mile off and lack the brilliant suggestion at deeper comment that made the simpsons so popular in the first place. Bart - one of the principal characters spends the whole film craving Flanders as a father figure which renders him completely impotent with regards to the impact that his normally mischievous character would have. I am going to stop before i get started because this film disappointed me more then any of the last five years. You all know that its rubbish really too, you just want it to be good so you pretend it is or you're too afraid to admit it. This is a criminal waste and an insult to the awesome franchise/legacy that they have spent the best part of the last two decades building up. Expand
2 of 2 users found this helpful
BillH.Aug 10, 2007
I didn't go into this movie with any expectations, so I wasn't disappointed. That said, I just don't think it was funny in any way. It was almost sad for me to watch because as good as The Simpsons once was, that's how I didn't go into this movie with any expectations, so I wasn't disappointed. That said, I just don't think it was funny in any way. It was almost sad for me to watch because as good as The Simpsons once was, that's how bad it is now. Don't waste your time with this one. Expand
Jo-AnneM.Aug 17, 2007
Enjoyed it so much. Laughed a lot, plan to see it again to catch what I didn't the first time around. Lots of big broad humour, but sly bits tucked in here and there to catch you up and make you roar with hilarity! Tell everyone to see this!
MartinS.Aug 20, 2007
More like 2 Episodes blown up to 90min with not-so-funny sidekicks (spider pig - wtf?) and not-so-ironic father& son stories. Too bad... and as usual - trailers took away most of the really awesome scenes (Moes Bar...)
3 of 3 users found this helpful
RobB.Aug 2, 2007
Disappointing for sure. You would think the writers would save some of their best gags for this venue, but it really was not even as good as a good Simpsons TV episode. The hardest I laughed was at the very beginning when the cartoon camera Disappointing for sure. You would think the writers would save some of their best gags for this venue, but it really was not even as good as a good Simpsons TV episode. The hardest I laughed was at the very beginning when the cartoon camera zooms through Springfield to spy on some of the characters, and we see Apu changing the expiration date from 2006 to 2008 on a carton of milk. That was the highlight for me. You would be much better off renting a Simpsons season DVD from your local video store. Expand
DanF.Aug 6, 2007
The first half is a 10, as I was completely involved and laughing hysterically the whole time. (Just about busted a gut when Homer said, "I helped a little".) The sharpness and angles available on the big screen were definitely new and fun. The first half is a 10, as I was completely involved and laughing hysterically the whole time. (Just about busted a gut when Homer said, "I helped a little".) The sharpness and angles available on the big screen were definitely new and fun. But the second half gets a 6, because the jokes are fewer and the plot doesn't have the weight to carry the movie. So 8 it is... It could have been condensed and made into two of the greatest Simpsons episodes of all time, but it was still worth seeing in the theater. Expand
MatthieuRAug 6, 2007
The Simpsons movie was better than I expected, but, as others have pointed out, not quite as good as a top-tier episode. It's true that certain characters are barely in it, while others are too present, but overall this was a lot of The Simpsons movie was better than I expected, but, as others have pointed out, not quite as good as a top-tier episode. It's true that certain characters are barely in it, while others are too present, but overall this was a lot of fun. This movie was bound to be divisive (just read Robert K's tantrum below), but if you like the simpsons, you owe it to yourself to go see it! Expand
DanKellyAug 9, 2007
Smart, sassy and equally moronic The Simpsons Movie is everything a Simpsons fan could have wanted. A few gags where a bit generic but overall I was so happy that the film could achieve this level of quality considering the expectations that Smart, sassy and equally moronic The Simpsons Movie is everything a Simpsons fan could have wanted. A few gags where a bit generic but overall I was so happy that the film could achieve this level of quality considering the expectations that where heaped on it's shoulders., Expand
FelizN.Sep 9, 2007
Best movie in history of America! As a movie critic, this is kind of an amateur thing, but i highly recommend this film as a great movie! While your at the movies buy some billsberries! I gave it a 100 in my review for the Los Angeles Times, Best movie in history of America! As a movie critic, this is kind of an amateur thing, but i highly recommend this film as a great movie! While your at the movies buy some billsberries! I gave it a 100 in my review for the Los Angeles Times, thank you. Expand
EldonJan 2, 2008
Overall, so very lame. zzzzzzzzzz...
MichaelP.Jan 7, 2008
I really tried to like this film.......honest........ but it was just plain boring and not the least bit funny.
Phil&RoxeeJan 8, 2008
This movie was very funny and crazy and weird and cool ans hot and cute and beautiful and pretty and yellow and long and not long and dark and blue and red and orange and green and purple and that it !!! Good luck to understand !!!
AlexG.Apr 11, 2008
I am very annoyed with people who say that Th Simpsons are staling, ok a couple of the recent episodes haven't been up to the usual standards but they are still going strong this superb film is evident proof that the Simpson are better I am very annoyed with people who say that Th Simpsons are staling, ok a couple of the recent episodes haven't been up to the usual standards but they are still going strong this superb film is evident proof that the Simpson are better than ever before, pure brilliance right down to the last detail. Expand
MarkKJan 9, 2009
The Simpsons are dead. It went stale after season ten and they haven't made a decent episode since then. If this film was the best they could do then why not just make it into a two part episode? It feels a little draged out with a lot The Simpsons are dead. It went stale after season ten and they haven't made a decent episode since then. If this film was the best they could do then why not just make it into a two part episode? It feels a little draged out with a lot of filler lines and jokes (only a few which are funny). Family Guy and South Park are the way to go. Expand
0 of 2 users found this helpful
thinkerrificOct 10, 2007
I have long loved The Simpsons. In the early years, you got both low-brow humor and brilliant, satirical humor that made the show appealing to all types of viewers. Recent seasons, as many have pointed out, have much less of the intelligent, I have long loved The Simpsons. In the early years, you got both low-brow humor and brilliant, satirical humor that made the show appealing to all types of viewers. Recent seasons, as many have pointed out, have much less of the intelligent, have-to-be-culturally-aware-to-get-it humor that made it a classic, and much more "Dumb and Dumber" type of humor, relying mostly on gratuitous violence, and crass sexual humor. And unfortunately, the movie really was like one long episode of the current show, funny in parts, but mostly pandering to the baser, low-brow elements of society. (Can you say "white trash"?) Which means that although there are a few parts that are funny to people with brains, most of the movie is geared towards low-brow humor. It just isn't that great of a movie. The jokes were often forced, the plot not that engaging, and it just wasn't worth the money. I think a lot of us who have loved the Simpsons for a long time are fooling themselves into thinking that it is still as great as it once was... Sorry, guys, it is not the quality that it once was. This is a two out of four stars kind of movie, that's it. I felt like I accidentally walked into the wrong theater and was watching a mediocre kids movie... Expand
IndiS.Nov 3, 2007
This film is lame just like the series when they start making it new. If The Simpson's series was canceled instead of Futurama series that will make a better entertainment.
RoyP.Dec 19, 2007
I wish I had the time to do a video side by side of how many past episodes this movie shamelessly ripped off. Homer getting a Pig (Homer goes to college), Bart idolizing Flanders (Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood), Lisa crusading for the I wish I had the time to do a video side by side of how many past episodes this movie shamelessly ripped off. Homer getting a Pig (Homer goes to college), Bart idolizing Flanders (Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood), Lisa crusading for the environment (The Old Man and Lisa), Springfield destroyed by pollution (Trash of the Titans), Homer goes on a hallucinogenic quest (El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer, and probably a few others), Marge and Homer having marital problems (every 6th episode), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Except none of it is as clever or smart or endearing as the show was for the first 10 seasons (more or less). Right about now, the shows creators would trot out the Comic Book Guy and have him point to me and say "Worst Reviewer Ever!", something they seemed to do a few seasons ago, for nearly every episode to deflect all the criticism the show had been receiving, rather than come to their senses. The sad reality is, The Simpsons has long faded from its intelligent, witty, and social relevance years ago. It has sadly devolved into a clichéd, mishmash of recycling old episodes and tired jokes. What's worse is that newer episodes are typically stapled together with potty humor, drug jokes, and chronically arduous slapstick. Something, the series used to sparring incorporate, and mostly for irony. This movie practically drowns in exhaustive slapstick, and includes at least 2 blows to the... "family jewels". Word of mouth and positive reviews gave me hope that years of development time and rewrites could've signaled a return to its brilliant form. It didn't even come close. Expand
ChuckBDec 2, 2007
Film worth seeing. Real rating would be 8,5, but wanted to give better rating just because some retards are giving it such a low score.
SophieM.Oct 7, 2007
A great movie, and one of the standouts of the summer. Not only is it great to see your favourite characters on the big screen, it's refreshing to see a cartoon in the cinema that isn't computer animated. Is it as good as the early A great movie, and one of the standouts of the summer. Not only is it great to see your favourite characters on the big screen, it's refreshing to see a cartoon in the cinema that isn't computer animated. Is it as good as the early Simpsons episodes? No, but aside from Futurama, nothing else is. The movie does a sublime job of reminding you of the wit and good humour of earlier episodes, and that makes a good movie in itself. I highly recommend this one. Expand
BillieM.Oct 9, 2007
Bloody hell, this movie rocks!!!