7.5

1. Nov 2, 2010
    spiderpig spiderpig
    does whatever a spiderpig does
    can he swing from a web
    no he can't he's a pig
    look out he is a spiderpig
  2. MartinS.
    Aug 20, 2007
    More like 2 Episodes blown up to 90min with not-so-funny sidekicks (spider pig - wtf?) and not-so-ironic father& son stories. Too bad... and as usual - trailers took away most of the really awesome scenes (Moes Bar...)
  3. TimA.
    Aug 1, 2007
    Highly, Highly over rated by critics and press critics alike. I absolutely love the Simpsons TV series and have watched it for over 10 years. I was almost afraid to go and watch this because I didn't see the point in them making the film when they had resisted for so long. being highly cynical i feel it is one last cash in before they go and count their cash in retirement. The jokes Highly, Highly over rated by critics and press critics alike. I absolutely love the Simpsons TV series and have watched it for over 10 years. I was almost afraid to go and watch this because I didn't see the point in them making the film when they had resisted for so long. being highly cynical i feel it is one last cash in before they go and count their cash in retirement. The jokes (if some of them can truly be called that) can be seen coming a mile off and lack the brilliant suggestion at deeper comment that made the simpsons so popular in the first place. Bart - one of the principal characters spends the whole film craving Flanders as a father figure which renders him completely impotent with regards to the impact that his normally mischievous character would have. I am going to stop before i get started because this film disappointed me more then any of the last five years. You all know that its rubbish really too, you just want it to be good so you pretend it is or you're too afraid to admit it. This is a criminal waste and an insult to the awesome franchise/legacy that they have spent the best part of the last two decades building up. Expand
  4. PaulL.
    Jan 13, 2008
    This movie is a tad better than the writing that's come out of the Simpson's in the last 5 or so seasons. In other words, it just slightly better than crap.
  5. Jan 27, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is decent yet disappointing. The film feels like an everyday episode of the show but has it's jokes stretched out too thin. Not as good as it should have been.
  6. Feb 12, 2013
    While I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn'tWhile I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn't half bad, but this could easily have been cut into a three part episode. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is simply that.
    A good all around movie capturing the eyes of its target audience. Laughs, a little story, and a good bit of fun all around.
  8. Oct 6, 2014
    A wonderful movie, absolutely great any movie with The Simpsons are great its a funny movie with a good story and a great plot i advise you to go see this movie.
  9. Nov 8, 2014
    The Simpsons movie it's the best movie of all time.There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events.The best movie ever.
  10. Mar 9, 2015
    This movie is freaking hilarious. Probably in my top 10 for the best comedy movies, not kidding. I laughed so hard in some scenes. I overall had a good time with this movie!
  11. Mar 11, 2015
    I, personally, could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie. When I got out I realized my parents would not have liked it the least bit (except for the famous Spider Pig scene). Still, it's got some pretty inappropriate stuff in here. If you don't care and like stupid stuff, this is definitely your kind of thing.
  12. Mar 19, 2015
    I grew up watching 'The Simpsons' TV show, you know, like everybody else in the entire world...so when I heard that they were making a movie out of a TV show that's been on for years and that I'm a huge fan of... you can imagine how excited I was feeling.

Boy was I disappointed...massively disappointed. 'The Simpsons Movie' is a weak comedy that tries to have a big-scale plot and tries to throw in as many twists as possible, but for me, it just backfired.

The movie's main focus is about the environment and keeping it safe, Homer, however after adopting a pet pig, makes a stupid decision to dump the "Pig Crap" silo into the river and polluting the environment. Meanwhile, Lisa has fallen for a boy named Collin who shares the same interests about keeping the environment safe. Bart, for reasons of his own, has built a relationship with Ned Flanders simply because Homer is not a good enough father and Flanders respects Bart.

The family get under attack from the Springfield population after hearing what Homer did and because of his idiotic decision, it led Springfield to be trapped underneath the dome. The family manage to escape and reside in Alaska and start a new life there.

The voice actors do a great job at showing all of the characters' different emotions as you'd expect since they've been doing this throughout the television show. Obviously, one cannot go wrong with the animation as well.

My only issues with this film include the humor, it's not very funny. The television show had me laughing with the sarcastic humor and slapstick style. But this movie really scraped the bottom of the barrel here, the "Spider Pig" moment was supposed to be the funniest movie moment of 2007, but I had a straight face throughout the entire sequence...it just was not funny at all.

The plot was just uninteresting and too big-scale, it did not feel like one long "Simpsons" episode, it just felt like a huge Simpsons movie-wannabe and did not pay off in any way.

I am disappointed, I do not plan on watching this movie again...unless I am REALLY bored.
  13. Sep 25, 2011
    Probably America's most daring movie ever made....
  14. KelR.
    Oct 1, 2007
    For me this movie is the disappointment of the year. The hype for this movie alludes me, it was preachy and simply not funny unless I assume you're high. Seriously, I found myself shaking my head so many times in sheer disgust while bewildered at why in the world the audience was laughing. I only laughed 3 or 4 times and yes I DO have a sense of humor but have a tendency to laugh at For me this movie is the disappointment of the year. The hype for this movie alludes me, it was preachy and simply not funny unless I assume you're high. Seriously, I found myself shaking my head so many times in sheer disgust while bewildered at why in the world the audience was laughing. I only laughed 3 or 4 times and yes I DO have a sense of humor but have a tendency to laugh at things with wit, irony, and sarcasm- not senseless arbitrary humor that I honestly believe any high school stoner could have written. Prepare to be disappointed. Expand
  15. WayneO.
    Nov 6, 2007
    I have to say that I was VERY disappointed in this movie. It amounted to nothing more than an over-extended episode. The plot was fine for a half hour show but did not translate well into feature-length. I actually fell asleep after 45 minutes of this boring movie.
  16. DanielW.
    Jul 28, 2007
    OK, but not great. Critics who raved about this should be required to watch the first few seasons of this show again, just to remind themselves of what the Simpsons represented at their peak -- a family just as significant as the Sopranos. My 7 year-old son laughed at the wiener jokes, and I felt depressingly old remembering just how good this show was years before he was born.
  17. Dec 11, 2010
    This has gotta be one of the best movies ever! It's smart, it's funny, and above all, the story is good. What else do you want from a comedy!?
  18. JoshiTheCritic
    Jan 26, 2010
    This movie was great! It's perfect if you look at the past, and what they did now.
  19. Apr 24, 2011
    1st Of All Thank You Critics!! :)
    This Movie Could Not Be Any Better.. So So So So Funny.. I Love The Cast.. This Movie Has Some Moments I Will Never Forget! The Best Movie Of 07! The Writing ROX!
  20. IsaacV
    Jan 28, 2010
    I thought this was pretty funny. 3/5 stars from me!
  21. Dec 4, 2010
    It may seem more like a prolonged episode than anything else, but it is both way more funny as well as serious, resulting in a great first film for 'The Simpsons'. Both fans (and some who aren't) will adore this movie.
  22. Jun 17, 2011
    This movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. This movie marked the beginning of the end of my love of The Simpsons. If you are a fan of the show, you will most probably love this movie. But for someoneThis movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. This movie marked the beginning of the end of my love of The Simpsons. If you are a fan of the show, you will most probably love this movie. But for someone who doesn't watch the show, I do not recommend seeing this movie. Expand
  23. Jun 3, 2012
    One Of The Best Movies Of All Time!
    The Simpsons Is The Best T.V. Show Of All Time!
  24. Jan 17, 2015
    The Simpsons Movie is one of the best movies of all time! The series has been going on for a long time with great episodes and this movie was awesome. It is really funny. It has a cool storyline. The voice actors are all back. This movie was a great movie and I highly recommend you watch it.
  25. Ianb
    Jan 2, 2008
    A long tv show not a movie....stupid story....same jokes...nothing new = very dull and lifeless.
  26. Mar 29, 2012
    My advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancelMy advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancel the Simpsons, go onto new **** You've already lost your fanbase, now try saving Futurama or just make a new franchise before we lose faith in you. Expand
  27. Nov 2, 2010
    The story was random just like almost every episode from 2000 to present. I laughed a few times but a dome going aroung springfield is not believable. I liked the movie 10 years ago but its gone to crap unfortunately. But there were some funny moments thats why it didnt get a 2.
  28. BillH.
    Aug 10, 2007
    I didn't go into this movie with any expectations, so I wasn't disappointed. That said, I just don't think it was funny in any way. It was almost sad for me to watch because as good as The Simpsons once was, that's how bad it is now. Don't waste your time with this one.
  29. MichaelP.
    Jan 7, 2008
    I really tried to like this film.......honest........ but it was just plain boring and not the least bit funny.
  30. MarkK
    Jan 9, 2009
    The Simpsons are dead. It went stale after season ten and they haven't made a decent episode since then. If this film was the best they could do then why not just make it into a two part episode? It feels a little draged out with a lot of filler lines and jokes (only a few which are funny). Family Guy and South Park are the way to go.

1. It's hard not to like it. And in both senses of the phrase, America keeps asking for it.
    It would be a stretch to call The Simpsons Movie more than a crisper, livelier-looking episode of the series. The change in mediums changes nothing.
  3. The result is two-tiered humor, broad enough to appeal to anybody but overlaid with jokes that will be funnier if you know the show.