7.5

1. SteveK
    Oct 19, 2007
    Repeat after me, parents... This is NOT a kids movie. This is NOT a kids movie. Just because it's animated does NOT make it a kids' movie. The first 30 minutes are incredibly hilarious, it drags a bit, but then again we've never seen a feature-length Simpsons before. The audience hasn't been primed for a Simpsons experience this long or drawn out. In the end, it is an Repeat after me, parents... This is NOT a kids movie. This is NOT a kids movie. Just because it's animated does NOT make it a kids' movie. The first 30 minutes are incredibly hilarious, it drags a bit, but then again we've never seen a feature-length Simpsons before. The audience hasn't been primed for a Simpsons experience this long or drawn out. In the end, it is an entertaining movie with some nice little treats for those who've followed the Simpsons. Expand
  2. XavierJ
    Dec 8, 2007
    The Simpsons Movie was a good movie but I didn't find some other things funny like "spider pig", thought that was just silly. But the film is worth seeing, especially after the first half.
  3. MK.
    Jul 27, 2007
    Just returned from a midnight showing... Simply, It was funny, in the Simpsons way. It basically makes fun of itself using previously established ideas from "Simpsons" on TV. When you can make fun of yourself and make your old friends laugh, you deserve some respect (esp using medium differences). It's a great mix of slapstick humor and good writing. Visually, it the best looking Just returned from a midnight showing... Simply, It was funny, in the Simpsons way. It basically makes fun of itself using previously established ideas from "Simpsons" on TV. When you can make fun of yourself and make your old friends laugh, you deserve some respect (esp using medium differences). It's a great mix of slapstick humor and good writing. Visually, it the best looking Simpsons ever with 3D models for objects and backgrounds. Although it may feel like a long special episode of Simpsons without commercials, it's pulls some jokes you cant really DO on TV. If you love Simpsons, you cant miss it... it's an instant classic. I really liked it, but I just cant shake off the feeling of watching a long episode of Simpsons without those nasty commercials. It's a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Expand
  4. TylerD.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Epic? No. Good? Yes. The Simpsons movie had a wonderful story that unfolded almost perfectly. It had its share of great laughs, too. It was definitely worth the money.
  5. DavidH.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Funnier than the show has been in a long time, though not quite up to the quality of early seasons. Relies a little too heavily on slapstick, but I suppose that's only to help it play to a broader audience much of which were not brought up on Gen-X cynicism. Enjoyable, but doesn't fully take advantage of the cinematic medium.
  6. Vinoth
    Jan 12, 2008
    not the funniest simpson compared to the TV show
  7. hollyc
    Jan 5, 2008
    Unexpectedly laughed quite a bit during The Simpson's Movie---I have to admit, after about the first 6 or 7 seasons, I stopped watching the TV show religiously (I catch it from time to time), so my expectations weren't too high for the movie. However, I was very surprised at the caliber of stuff in the film--even though, by most movie standards, I don't think they were Unexpectedly laughed quite a bit during The Simpson's Movie---I have to admit, after about the first 6 or 7 seasons, I stopped watching the TV show religiously (I catch it from time to time), so my expectations weren't too high for the movie. However, I was very surprised at the caliber of stuff in the film--even though, by most movie standards, I don't think they were aiming that high. Still though, "spiderpig" had me rolling---especially with the full backing choral orchestra doing it. Bravo to the Simpson's crew and Matt Groening--on making a really enjoyable film. Expand
  8. willa.
    Dec 31, 2007
    Good but they could have done better by including more deleted scences and more behind the scenes stuff but still worth the 20$ when on sale.
  9. BillyK.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yes! CARING PARENTS BEWARE! Your children need to be sheltered from anything remotely satirical or offensive! Then, they can turn into normal well adjusted emotional cripples. There is nothing in this very funny, very satisfying Simpsons movie that you aren't already familiar with from the 400+ episodes of the series. Save one memorable scene with Bart skateboarding, that is. Let Yes! CARING PARENTS BEWARE! Your children need to be sheltered from anything remotely satirical or offensive! Then, they can turn into normal well adjusted emotional cripples. There is nothing in this very funny, very satisfying Simpsons movie that you aren't already familiar with from the 400+ episodes of the series. Save one memorable scene with Bart skateboarding, that is. Let your kids see it, they'll be better off for it. It's a poignant funny big screen debut for Homer and Co. Expand
  10. JC.
    Jul 29, 2007
    I just went and saw the movie this weekend and its a funny movie the whole theater was cracking up. Its a good movie but it could have been better. But hay don't listing to anyone who thinks its a bad movie. Go see it and see what you think about it.
  11. ArthurC.
    Jul 31, 2007
    Funny. And that is what you want a Simpsons movie to be. It sort of drags in the middle, but when the jokes are flying, they work. It reminds me a lot of what made the show so great in the first place. Smart comedy mixed with the lowbrow, mixed with genuine human emotions, mixed with Duff Beer.
  12. GregM.
    Jul 31, 2007
    BEWARE CARING PARENTS! Go take your kids to a crappy Disney flick. This is by no mean the Simpsons' best, but these old scribes can still muster up some venom once in a while. Much better than most of the crap out there, as the Simpsons have always been. Drags toward the end and pulls a few punches, but all in all fun and worthwhile. The series of writers who have passed through the BEWARE CARING PARENTS! Go take your kids to a crappy Disney flick. This is by no mean the Simpsons' best, but these old scribes can still muster up some venom once in a while. Much better than most of the crap out there, as the Simpsons have always been. Drags toward the end and pulls a few punches, but all in all fun and worthwhile. The series of writers who have passed through the Simpsons family is impressive and the series still has a ways to go, if it wants to. I'll be watching... but on DVD. Expand
  13. GatsbyJ.
    Aug 31, 2007
    -Like most people who went to see this movie, I've been a fan of the show for ages. I think a lot of people will agree that the older seasons are definitely better than the newer. The older episodes were hilarious, clever, often brilliant, with focused stories, interesting twists, and the deepest cast of stereotypical characters any viewer could want. -I really dislike some of the -Like most people who went to see this movie, I've been a fan of the show for ages. I think a lot of people will agree that the older seasons are definitely better than the newer. The older episodes were hilarious, clever, often brilliant, with focused stories, interesting twists, and the deepest cast of stereotypical characters any viewer could want. -I really dislike some of the newer episodes, though there are a few gems here and there. And I've been waiting for a movie to come out for years. But since this movie released when the show was past its 18th season, I was scared it would suck-diddly-uck. I went into the theater with a queasy feeling and a nagging voice that kept telling me that I was going to be majorly disappointed with the movie. -It started off decent, but then took off well. There was a through-line which ran across the movie and kept it together. Some viewers were disappointed saying that the movie focused too much on Homer and his family and also didn't try anything radical with the story. However, I think that for the FIRST Simpsons movie this is the perfect choice. This is how the show first started off, and this is how the first movie should be, because it is called "The Simpsons" and not "The Simpsons and Friends." I think in the sequels it'll be more about the community. But they needed a simple plot for the first movie, nothing totally unique. Homer messing up and endangering his family and whole town is true to the series, both in the earlier and later seasons. -Yes, some of the humour was immature, and there weren't too many moments that had the crystal brilliance of the earlier seasons, but it was still funny. A few minutes into it I realized I wasn't going to let down and just sat back and enjoyed it. The music was wonderful (thank you Hans Zimmer), the animation clear and beautifully drawn (any fan of the show, regardless if they liked or hated this movie, should be glad it was done in traditional 2-D and not 3-D). The story was simple and various parts of it were well connected and came together nicely (i.e. Homer with the motorcycle in the cage and at the end when he uses it to save Springfield). And for those who say the movie went through so many revisions and many changes were made right up to it's release: this doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the movie, because what matters is the final product. -Best of all, there weren't a huge cast of celebrities which would take attention away from Homer and the rest of his family. -This is just my personal opinion, but overall I felt this movie was a success. S-U-C-E-E-S, that's the way you spell success. Expand
  14. MrToad
    Dec 23, 2007
    Kind of random and rambling (i don't watch the tv show), but very enjoyable. The humor works, and of course it's just a series of jokes under a very loose plot, but that doesn't detract, i don't think.
  15. Dec 4, 2010
    It may seem more like a prolonged episode than anything else, but it is both way more funny as well as serious, resulting in a great first film for 'The Simpsons'. Both fans (and some who aren't) will adore this movie.
  16. Dec 29, 2010
    It's a good movie. I do have a DVD of that movie but when you watch the movie too much, you get a bit tired of it. Still it's a great movie for everybody.
  17. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A generally good movie so I didn't feel like I was wasting my time. There were a couple of parts which I preferred not to watch where Homer visits that Inuit's home; even though it was significant to the plot, and also having the distraction of Bart skateboarding naked around Springfield. But it was funny, I can tell you that. One of the most memorable bits involved 'Spiderpig' - the Spiderpig song is still stuck in my head. The Simpsons use of humour never fails to amaze me and make me laugh. Expand
  18. Sep 10, 2011
    It may seem just another prolonged episode but the film is funnier and livelier than the series itself. There is only one problem with this movie: when you watch it again you will not enjoy it as much as the first time.
  19. Sep 25, 2011
    Probably America's most daring movie ever made....
  20. Nov 13, 2011
    We are lucky to have a Simpsons film in the first place. It is not an overlong episode like some say. The Simpsons movie has a funny story and the characters have rarely had better moments.
  21. Jan 17, 2012
    This a creative, clever, charming and funny adventure for adults to actually enjoy. Along with its great animation and original story you get memories when animated movies were actually great. I give this film 85%.
  22. Aug 5, 2013
    Might this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. TheMight this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. The political/social substance in the film is not really well carved out, but I'd rather have it be in there than left out completely. The computer-assisted animation is quite well integrated and makes for some quietly impressive images of movement on a round structure etc.. Expand
  23. Mar 17, 2012
    You've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bringYou've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bring The Simpsons onto the big screen, and that's an even better thing. This film is very very funny, very charming and overall it is a great laugh for the whole family :) Expand
  24. Jun 28, 2013
    Do you like to laugh? Good, then see this movie. It's essentially the same concept as Stephen King's "Under the Dome", just far less dark and full of jokes, jokes, and more jokes.
    Do yourself a favor and clap for Alaska.
  25. Mar 12, 2013
    This is a 100% Simpsons experience! Funny,energetic and enjoyable to watch The Simpsons Movie gets my 8/10 When it got released (i was on vacation) i couldn't wait to come back to my hometown and watch it on the theater.
  26. Mar 24, 2013
    Very funny with good scenes and acting. Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't he's a pig. Look out, he's a spider pig.
  27. Jul 25, 2014
    A hilarious comedy based on the beloved sitcom, and not missing its trademark humor. This is a movie all Simpson fans should enjoy. Whoever doesn't enjoy this, at all, must not be a fan of the series, because it's exactly like a ninety minute episode, which may be too prolonged for some, but I liked it well enough to rewatch it and was able laugh just as much as the first time.
  28. Mar 11, 2014
    The Simpsons Movie manages to capture the same humor as the TV show, except maybe with a little more explicit content. It is a feat well done. And how can you not love Spiderpig?
  29. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a big fan of The Simpsons, albeit kind of late to get on the bandwagon, I must say the movie is much better than virtually all recent episodes. But it lowballs itself in a few places.

The main plot takes a bit too long to get off the ground, and when it does, it’s a rehash of Marge leaving Homer with the kids again. YMMV on Bart’s nude skateboarding scene; I find it both funny and disgusting in one shot.

But when the jokes hit in this movie, they hit HARD!
  30. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The main Simpson family consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and they reside in the fictional town of Springfield. Each of them have their own unique characteristics but in addition to Homer's epic level of intelligence, the family is largely, helplessly dysfunctional (which is kind of sad) but that's their life and that is, funny.

This film is indeed hilarious, there are lots of American humor, lots of sarcastic moments and lots of references to films like those of Disney, Titanic, Harry Potter, etc., in this film but those might be confusing to those who are new to the TV series too. However, The Simpsons fans, who are really fond of the family members will like this! It's the only film they have so far and people who like the typical adult American sitcoms would also enjoy this.

To be honest, this film is not easy to justify as it does feels like several episodes merged into one instead of one great film. Some people may find this film as one of the best animated feature film but this is truly no justice for a successful franchise with lots of potentials. Still, at the end of the film, it is strangely fun and fulfilling. Love the themes, which are mostly about family, religion and environment. If you needed a silly funny movie to watch, this could be the film you're looking for!

PS. This film is great for preaching about environmental.
  31. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O filme dos Simpsons é legal,histórico e divertido. Não chega a ser excepcional,mas chega quase lá. E ainda popularizou uma famosa canção: "Porco Aranha,porco aranha" Expand
  32. Mar 9, 2015
    This movie is freaking hilarious. Probably in my top 10 for the best comedy movies, not kidding. I laughed so hard in some scenes. I overall had a good time with this movie!
  33. Mar 11, 2015
    I, personally, could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie. When I got out I realized my parents would not have liked it the least bit (except for the famous Spider Pig scene). Still, it's got some pretty inappropriate stuff in here. If you don't care and like stupid stuff, this is definitely your kind of thing.
  34. Walter
    Aug 15, 2007
    I am a Simpson's fanatic...this was a good movie, not a great one. It's basically a long Simpson's episode. It was funny, not hysterical, good not great, and recommendable, but not must-see. For a script that took so many years to put together, it might've been better, but overall a good movie with good laughs, just not great laughs.
  35. WilliamT
    Jan 25, 2008
    Although funny and clever at times, The Simpsons Movie is basically just an extended episode. No giant plot twists, and you feel that some of the characters have been left out or given a very brief moment on screen. Then again, over 20 years of Episodes means that it might be just a bit hard to fit them into 80 minutes. If you love everything Simpson, watch this but be prepared to be a Although funny and clever at times, The Simpsons Movie is basically just an extended episode. No giant plot twists, and you feel that some of the characters have been left out or given a very brief moment on screen. Then again, over 20 years of Episodes means that it might be just a bit hard to fit them into 80 minutes. If you love everything Simpson, watch this but be prepared to be a tad disappointed. If you aren't a fan, then you'll just be watching some other animated movie. Not bad, it just has way too much legacy to live up to for it to become a classic. Expand
  36. IsaacV
    Jan 28, 2010
    I thought this was pretty funny. 3/5 stars from me!
  37. GaborA.
    Jul 29, 2007
    (7.5) When this movie's on its on fire. Unfortunately it can't keep this up for the entirety and there are long stretches where the jokes die down but at least never become embarrassing like in many of the new episodes. Its also interesting to watch an episode of the Simpsons with a crowded theater. You get a little insight into why the humor went down the toilet. Every (7.5) When this movie's on its on fire. Unfortunately it can't keep this up for the entirety and there are long stretches where the jokes die down but at least never become embarrassing like in many of the new episodes. Its also interesting to watch an episode of the Simpsons with a crowded theater. You get a little insight into why the humor went down the toilet. Every hilariously, satirical joke I found myself and four others laughing. But when Homer hurts himself for the fifteenth time in the movie the theater goes wild. The writers knew this and ended the movie on such a note. Its just a shame that it might have been their last joke, though, it is fitting. Expand
  38. DF.
    Jul 31, 2007
    As a life long Simpsons fan i went in with high expectations. Unfortunately, the script seems like it could have just as easily been a normal, 22 minute episode. I find it hard to believe this story would have been years in the making. The lack of lines from several of Springfield's key residents (skinner, burns) was also disappointing. Aside from these miscues, it still is The As a life long Simpsons fan i went in with high expectations. Unfortunately, the script seems like it could have just as easily been a normal, 22 minute episode. I find it hard to believe this story would have been years in the making. The lack of lines from several of Springfield's key residents (skinner, burns) was also disappointing. Aside from these miscues, it still is The Simpsons and is worth seeing for that reason alone. Expand
  39. AB
    Sep 7, 2007
    Considering the fact that "The Simpsons Movie" is based on one of the most hilarious shows ever created, the execution of this high concept is a slight disappointment. The movie is generally great, but, at times, the dialogue and stereotypes become clichéd. Thankfully, some great moments keep "The Simpsons Movie" far from mediocrity.
  40. AndrewN
    Nov 10, 2008
    Brilliant for the first 30 minutes but slid into relative mediocrity after that.
  41. TommyN.
    Dec 18, 2007
    True that The Simpsons Movie beats Bigger, Longer and Uncut. And South Park... make sure to swear it right to make it funny.
  42. BrandonS.
    Dec 19, 2007
    It was an enjoyable movie, but hardly amazing. Better than South Park, but not as good as Beavis and Butt-head Do America.
  43. PeterJ.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Goodsolid movie. I was not expecting it to be as good as it actually was. I took away 1 point for the penis scene though...
  44. RickyQ.
    Jul 27, 2007
    I just came back from the theater and I must say the movie was really good, but not as amazing as it could have been. I'm not saying I'm disappointed because I never expected this to be perfect, it just doesn't achieve the classic status of the episodes from the earlier seasons.
  45. AlanK.
    Jul 28, 2007
    The Simpson Movie has most of the great qualities of the TV series - pointed iconoclastic social satire (digs at religion, bureaucracy, crass materialism), clever slapstick humor, dialog that is both intelligent and intelligently dumb, and great visual gags (esp in the first 15 minutes). Much of the humor references some of the best specific scenes from various episodes (probably only The Simpson Movie has most of the great qualities of the TV series - pointed iconoclastic social satire (digs at religion, bureaucracy, crass materialism), clever slapstick humor, dialog that is both intelligent and intelligently dumb, and great visual gags (esp in the first 15 minutes). Much of the humor references some of the best specific scenes from various episodes (probably only long-time fans will understand these jokes). The film is basically a good (not great) episode extended to 90 min - that's both reassuring and a slightly disappointing: Reassuring because it reaffirms the seemingly infinite versatility and mutability of the show's formula, but also a little disappointing because the writers/producers/etc don't take as many chances with the formula as I would've liked. I was hoping for something that would transcend the TV show the way South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, took that that show's bawdy, offensive humor to new levels, then transformed it into a statement and big middle-finger at the MPA for it's misguided priorities and hypocrisy. The Simpson Movie never goes much farther than the TV show - the PG-13 rating does enable the writers to be a little more naughty with some of the jokes, but not in a way that enhances the TV show's insight or irreverence. As an ardent fan maybe I'm being too hard on the film and expecting too much. The series has been on so long and lampooned virtually every aspect of Western culture (and numerous others), maybe there just isn't anywhere left for the creative team to go they haven't at least touched on already. Taken as it is The Simpson movie is an intelligently written, visually clever satire. And even if it's not as potent as the best episodes it's still entertaining for both casual and avid fans. Expand
  46. ScottW.
    Aug 24, 2007
    The first Simpson movie is a winner. Funny, smart and very simply done. Not the funniest movie of 2007 but, anyone can enjoy this film with the way its been crafted together, even if some how you have never seen or been into the show on tv.
  47. Mar 10, 2011
    Very good but it lost points for lack of characters and jokes
  48. Nov 27, 2011
    I truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an American family with fantastic humour brought to life by the most amazing array of characters. In spite of this, the movie just felt like one long episode and,I truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an American family with fantastic humour brought to life by the most amazing array of characters. In spite of this, the movie just felt like one long episode and, to be so hyped up, let me down on that pointer alone. The storyline is typical of an episode which, let's be honest, isn't a bad thing... there's yet to be a Simpsons episode where I'm shaking my head at the end credits; I sat at the end of The Simpsons Movie with a grin on my face after loving some of the new characters and the typical Simpsons humour, however I was just expecting something a bit fresh for such a hyped up movie. The problem continues along those lines; there isn't really much else you can do for a Simpsons movie (or any cartoon movie for that matter) other than a feature-long episode, however The Simpsons have undoubtably set the bar to be the the funniest, most enthralling cartoon movie with a pretty decent storyline and the best set of characters ever created. If you want a pretty decent watch which is bound to provide laughs and all-round entertainment then The Simpsons Movie is designed for you; however, if you are expecting a block-buster to be packed into this film then you will be rather disappointed. Expand
  49. Aug 25, 2014
    The movie is tructured like the TV episodes: there is a beginning that has little to do with the end - yet they are in touch with each other.

However, we are talking about the Simpsons, and expecting an award-winning movie experience would be a little too much. The movie is funny, there's no way around that. If you like the TV show, you're guaranteed to like this. It isn't the best of the best, but satisfying enough for more than one watch.
  50. Nov 28, 2012
    Classic Simpsons humor and particularly stellar animation throughout this successful comedy.
  51. Feb 12, 2013
    While I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn'tWhile I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn't half bad, but this could easily have been cut into a three part episode. Expand
  52. Aug 3, 2013
    kinda disappointing compared to the tv show and is kinda moronic and does not feature the karn and kudos kolly man an early adaption to the simpsons show it also does not feature comic book guys brother gamer guy it also failed to put in as much hilarity as the tv show
  53. DanielW.
    Jul 28, 2007
    OK, but not great. Critics who raved about this should be required to watch the first few seasons of this show again, just to remind themselves of what the Simpsons represented at their peak -- a family just as significant as the Sopranos. My 7 year-old son laughed at the wiener jokes, and I felt depressingly old remembering just how good this show was years before he was born.
  54. BenW.
    Jul 29, 2007
    Joseph B.'s review was HILARIOUS. Did you think this was a pixar movie or something? Have you ever even seen the TV show? My opinion...the movie just wasn't all that good. The big screen didn't bring anything new to the simpson legacy. and the jokes were of the same caliber as the tv show. so i don't quite understand the point of making a movie at this point. it Joseph B.'s review was HILARIOUS. Did you think this was a pixar movie or something? Have you ever even seen the TV show? My opinion...the movie just wasn't all that good. The big screen didn't bring anything new to the simpson legacy. and the jokes were of the same caliber as the tv show. so i don't quite understand the point of making a movie at this point. it wasn't bad. but it definitely wasn't as good as it could have been. Expand
  55. MartinR.
    Dec 25, 2007
    Is this a movie? Not really, but really good.
  56. MatthewF.
    Jul 29, 2007
    Good but not anywhere great. Good movie to watch when bored.
  57. AMovieCritic
    Aug 4, 2007
    It's....safe. That's the word to describe the Simpsons Movie...it's safe. It really doesn't take any chances, it does nothing different, it really doesn't try to break any new ground...it's basically an extended episode of the series. Which is...I don't know. Obviously critics found this acceptable, but I really can't. When you look at something It's....safe. That's the word to describe the Simpsons Movie...it's safe. It really doesn't take any chances, it does nothing different, it really doesn't try to break any new ground...it's basically an extended episode of the series. Which is...I don't know. Obviously critics found this acceptable, but I really can't. When you look at something like the South Park movie....(released a mere 2 years after the show's debut,) THAT's how you bring an animated show to the screen. It took big risks, (it was an R-rated musical!) and did things not seen on the show and featured an epic soundtrack and battle scenes...it felt like a movie. And it was much funnier than any episodes of the show. (At the time.) The Simpsons Movie, though, despite being based on a show that's been around for nearly 20 years, disappointingly takes no risks. Don't get me wrong, it's about as funny as most episodes of the series...but it's different to sit at home and laugh at a TV show than to pay to see it in a theater with popcorn, etc. You expect MORE. You expect it to be funnier. It just wasn't. I was reminded of Family Guy's straight-to-DVD movie and couldn't help but wonder why this movie didn't feature the same fate. Despite a whopping 70 million budget, this movie actually feels very small-scale, whereas the South Park movie, for example, felt much larger than anything attempted on the show. Not really helping matters are some corny attempts at emotional moments, the extremely predictable the US government jokes, and the fact that every character in the show besides the Simpson family is basically only there for a cameo. Still, there are laughs to be had and some inspired gags. (The best ones borrow well from a scene from Wrongfully Accused and another from Austin Powers.) And on the rare occasion that the movie does take advantage of its PG-13 rating, we get a pretty funny "dirty joke." Overall, it's a pretty amusing movie but not one that I can recommend seeing in a theater. It's really not a movie, it felt like a collection of episodes of the show, and it really fails to deliver any gigantic laughs or anything unexpected or push the envelope in any way. The decision to play it so safe ultimately results in an unmemorable movie. Expand
  58. JaredC.
    Jan 11, 2008
    While "The Simpsons Movie" is
  59. RaniS.
    Average.
  60. Marc
    Aug 15, 2007
    This was sometimes amusing, also the social and political criticism is correct, I can't say I laughed though... Of course I didn't see it on wide-screen with many people around (torrents)... It felt too long, really... a too long episode, and most of the Simpsons characters are mainly extras in this "movie", with maybe one line each somewhere and not particularly interesting nor This was sometimes amusing, also the social and political criticism is correct, I can't say I laughed though... Of course I didn't see it on wide-screen with many people around (torrents)... It felt too long, really... a too long episode, and most of the Simpsons characters are mainly extras in this "movie", with maybe one line each somewhere and not particularly interesting nor funny ones... Also, what happens with the pig? And who cares about this pig? Expand
  61. AndrewK.
    Aug 19, 2007
    well...what can be said about this movie that hasn't been said already? I'll try and keep it brief. All of us real Simpsons fans haven't been able to watch the show without gagging since somewhere around season ten. I wasn't expecting to like this movie at all. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very funny, although it's true that if the movie had well...what can be said about this movie that hasn't been said already? I'll try and keep it brief. All of us real Simpsons fans haven't been able to watch the show without gagging since somewhere around season ten. I wasn't expecting to like this movie at all. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very funny, although it's true that if the movie had been made ten years ago, it would have been so much more relevant and so much more genuinely funny. It's worth the price of a ticket, but don't expect to be blown away. The fact is that The Simpsons will never be what it once was, and we all just have to face it. Also, the little bits in the film that couldn't have been done on TV (bart's penis, Homer giving the finger, Marge swearing) were funny, though I couldn't help feeling they were out of place. While the show has always been on the edge, there has always been the feeling that they wouldn't go any further even if they could. It just goes against the feel of the show. Whereas South Park has always included that kind of stuff on their show, even if it had to be censored. So the film was just an uncensored episode. Not quite the same with The Simpsons. Just my thoughts on a pretty much unimportant aspect of the film. There's plenty of worse movies you could go see. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2014
    Many fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that the film didn't take place in Springfield and didn't utilize the side characters much, but again, the film wasn't meant for the die hard Simpsons fan.Many fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that the film didn't take place in Springfield and didn't utilize the side characters much, but again, the film wasn't meant for the die hard Simpsons fan. While the show has been on for more than a quarter century, prior to the films release, ratings for the show were in the toilet, and it was only being kept alive by syndication and merchandising money. The point of the film was to be childish and geared towards a younger audience. While fans of the show were expecting the film to be extreme like the South Park movie, what they got amounted to little more than a children's movie. The fans were upset, but the studios gamble paid off, as the ratings went up and have continued to be much better. For those who didn't see it, the film focuses on Homer, who made the mistake of polluting the town, to a point where the EPA put a big dome over Springfield to separate it from the rest of the country. As angry town folks form a mob, intent on getting Homer, the family escapes and goes on the run. The film is far from being the best the Simpsons has to offer, but it served it's purpose in attracting younger viewers and raising the ratings. Fans may have been upset with Matt Groening, but what he did saved the show for who knows how many future seasons. The film isn't spectacular, but it was good for introducing new fans to the characters we all know and love. Expand
  63. Nov 13, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is simply that.
    A good all around movie capturing the eyes of its target audience. Laughs, a little story, and a good bit of fun all around.
  64. RobB.
    Aug 2, 2007
    Disappointing for sure. You would think the writers would save some of their best gags for this venue, but it really was not even as good as a good Simpsons TV episode. The hardest I laughed was at the very beginning when the cartoon camera zooms through Springfield to spy on some of the characters, and we see Apu changing the expiration date from 2006 to 2008 on a carton of milk. That Disappointing for sure. You would think the writers would save some of their best gags for this venue, but it really was not even as good as a good Simpsons TV episode. The hardest I laughed was at the very beginning when the cartoon camera zooms through Springfield to spy on some of the characters, and we see Apu changing the expiration date from 2006 to 2008 on a carton of milk. That was the highlight for me. You would be much better off renting a Simpsons season DVD from your local video store. Expand
  65. MarkK
    Jan 9, 2009
    The Simpsons are dead. It went stale after season ten and they haven't made a decent episode since then. If this film was the best they could do then why not just make it into a two part episode? It feels a little draged out with a lot of filler lines and jokes (only a few which are funny). Family Guy and South Park are the way to go.
  66. thinkerrific
    Oct 10, 2007
    I have long loved The Simpsons. In the early years, you got both low-brow humor and brilliant, satirical humor that made the show appealing to all types of viewers. Recent seasons, as many have pointed out, have much less of the intelligent, have-to-be-culturally-aware-to-get-it humor that made it a classic, and much more "Dumb and Dumber" type of humor, relying mostly on gratuitous I have long loved The Simpsons. In the early years, you got both low-brow humor and brilliant, satirical humor that made the show appealing to all types of viewers. Recent seasons, as many have pointed out, have much less of the intelligent, have-to-be-culturally-aware-to-get-it humor that made it a classic, and much more "Dumb and Dumber" type of humor, relying mostly on gratuitous violence, and crass sexual humor. And unfortunately, the movie really was like one long episode of the current show, funny in parts, but mostly pandering to the baser, low-brow elements of society. (Can you say "white trash"?) Which means that although there are a few parts that are funny to people with brains, most of the movie is geared towards low-brow humor. It just isn't that great of a movie. The jokes were often forced, the plot not that engaging, and it just wasn't worth the money. I think a lot of us who have loved the Simpsons for a long time are fooling themselves into thinking that it is still as great as it once was... Sorry, guys, it is not the quality that it once was. This is a two out of four stars kind of movie, that's it. I felt like I accidentally walked into the wrong theater and was watching a mediocre kids movie... Expand
  67. JosephB.
    Jul 27, 2007
    I just got back from the midnight showing of "The Simpsons Movie", and I have to be honest, it wasn't that great! It is much more offensive than my wife and I were thinking it would be going in, and we left with a sick feeling in our mouth as we left the theater. I turned to my wife and asked her if she liked it and she said "I hate this movie!" Please don't take your young kids I just got back from the midnight showing of "The Simpsons Movie", and I have to be honest, it wasn't that great! It is much more offensive than my wife and I were thinking it would be going in, and we left with a sick feeling in our mouth as we left the theater. I turned to my wife and asked her if she liked it and she said "I hate this movie!" Please don't take your young kids to see this movie...it is not a cartoon like the Pixar movies. BEWARE CARING PARENTS!!! Expand
  68. BlobbysB.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Some good site gags. Some funny lines. Average movie at best. Except for main 5 Simpsons - everyone else is barely a cameo.
  69. KenC
    Jan 10, 2008
    Ok - Like the later Simpson's episodes - just missing that IT stuff.
  70. TravisS.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Now i am a simpsons fan... I love the Simpsons better than family guy or American Dad. However, the movie wasn't so great. There was only like one scene with "spider pig" and then he became "Harry Plopper". The movie didnt make the jokes funnier like in the show. There would be a joke and little dialog and thats it. They should of kept the movie like the show. And, although i love Now i am a simpsons fan... I love the Simpsons better than family guy or American Dad. However, the movie wasn't so great. There was only like one scene with "spider pig" and then he became "Harry Plopper". The movie didnt make the jokes funnier like in the show. There would be a joke and little dialog and thats it. They should of kept the movie like the show. And, although i love the Simpsons that was one movie i kept falling asleep in. Expand
  71. DrewT.
    Mar 4, 2008
    More disappointment than dislike. I would have been completely satisfied if it was split into about 3 or 4 episodes and then put on TV, or if it were released straight to DVD. Homer may have said it perfectly at the beginning when they're watching the Itchy and Scratchy Movie, he said something along the lines of (possibly misquoted) "Why did we pay to see something at the movies More disappointment than dislike. I would have been completely satisfied if it was split into about 3 or 4 episodes and then put on TV, or if it were released straight to DVD. Homer may have said it perfectly at the beginning when they're watching the Itchy and Scratchy Movie, he said something along the lines of (possibly misquoted) "Why did we pay to see something at the movies that we can see for free on TV?" My thoughts exactly. Expand
  72. HeatherJ
    Dec 31, 2007
    Seriously! I was a lil sad...I paused it took a shower and came back. I ended up finishing it becasue nothing else was on. And this is coming from someone whos dad used to steal cable for them just so they could watch the Simpsons when they were little. NOT IMPRESSED!
  73. PittmanW.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Lots of funny jokes but as an entire movie very average. Whereas South Park realized greatness through their adventure in cinematic adaptation, the Simpson movie is just an average episode that happens to be 85 minutes long. Homer said it," why would you pay for something you can get for free?" I'm sad that I did.
  74. MichelleN.
    Aug 21, 2007
    It was cute and funny! But I think my expectations were a little high, the storyline was a little too sappy for the Simpsons. However, I still find myself singing Spider Pig!
  75. Don
    Aug 26, 2007
    I'm a huge Simpsons fan and this movie was a big letdown for me. There was no edginess to it, the plot was lame. The audience I saw it with barely laughed and I heard people after say it was "terrible". Definitely not worth it.
  76. Nate
    Aug 6, 2007
    The more i think about it, the less i like the movie. the few serious scenes overwhelmed the rest of it, which was funny but nowhere near classic.
  77. conors.
    Jan 11, 2008
    The movie provides nothing new.Homer has to learn to appreciate his family again...no belly laughs but some funny moments.
  78. EricE
    Jan 15, 2008
    It was alright. Typical later years simpsons, thought it was just a long episode.
  79. AaronD
    Jan 8, 2008
    This movie is ok, but I prefer the Simpsons as a tv show. I kind of expected it to be over after about 45 minutes, but it just kept going and I didn't care anymore. And it seemed preachy for absolutely no reason.
  80. PaulL.
    Jan 13, 2008
    This movie is a tad better than the writing that's come out of the Simpson's in the last 5 or so seasons. In other words, it just slightly better than crap.
  81. LiamP-M
    Dec 16, 2007
    look, this movie is funny; i laughed a lot, but the show isn't suitable for a movie. This is a show about the small life in middle class America. There was no reason for this movie, and, while being very funny, I found it dull overall. Whether or not it's good, this movie will be really sucessful, just for the popularity of the TV series. I'm not sure why the family guy look, this movie is funny; i laughed a lot, but the show isn't suitable for a movie. This is a show about the small life in middle class America. There was no reason for this movie, and, while being very funny, I found it dull overall. Whether or not it's good, this movie will be really sucessful, just for the popularity of the TV series. I'm not sure why the family guy movie worked, but it did, and this doesn't. go see a better movie, and wait for The Simpsons Movie to arrive on DVD. Expand
  82. Nov 2, 2010
    The story was random just like almost every episode from 2000 to present. I laughed a few times but a dome going aroung springfield is not believable. I liked the movie 10 years ago but its gone to crap unfortunately. But there were some funny moments thats why it didnt get a 2.
  83. Jan 27, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is decent yet disappointing. The film feels like an everyday episode of the show but has it's jokes stretched out too thin. Not as good as it should have been.
  84. Dec 14, 2011
    Only funny if you watch it in theaters. You need an audience to appreciate and laugh hard while watching this. It's also only funny the first time. It lacks the charm and everything else that the show has. I was also discussed by the showing of Bart's penis. The writing was okay. My favorite line was "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does what ever Spiderpig does, can he swing from a web no he can'tOnly funny if you watch it in theaters. You need an audience to appreciate and laugh hard while watching this. It's also only funny the first time. It lacks the charm and everything else that the show has. I was also discussed by the showing of Bart's penis. The writing was okay. My favorite line was "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does what ever Spiderpig does, can he swing from a web no he can't he's a pig lookout, lookout for Spiderpig." I'm not sure if that is how you write that line but you understand what I'm getting at. Expand
  85. Mar 19, 2015
    I grew up watching 'The Simpsons' TV show, you know, like everybody else in the entire world...so when I heard that they were making a movie out of a TV show that's been on for years and that I'm a huge fan of... you can imagine how excited I was feeling.

Boy was I disappointed...massively disappointed. 'The Simpsons Movie' is a weak comedy that tries to have a big-scale plot and tries to throw in as many twists as possible, but for me, it just backfired.

The movie's main focus is about the environment and keeping it safe, Homer, however after adopting a pet pig, makes a stupid decision to dump the "Pig Crap" silo into the river and polluting the environment. Meanwhile, Lisa has fallen for a boy named Collin who shares the same interests about keeping the environment safe. Bart, for reasons of his own, has built a relationship with Ned Flanders simply because Homer is not a good enough father and Flanders respects Bart.

The family get under attack from the Springfield population after hearing what Homer did and because of his idiotic decision, it led Springfield to be trapped underneath the dome. The family manage to escape and reside in Alaska and start a new life there.

The voice actors do a great job at showing all of the characters' different emotions as you'd expect since they've been doing this throughout the television show. Obviously, one cannot go wrong with the animation as well.

My only issues with this film include the humor, it's not very funny. The television show had me laughing with the sarcastic humor and slapstick style. But this movie really scraped the bottom of the barrel here, the "Spider Pig" moment was supposed to be the funniest movie moment of 2007, but I had a straight face throughout the entire sequence...it just was not funny at all.

The plot was just uninteresting and too big-scale, it did not feel like one long "Simpsons" episode, it just felt like a huge Simpsons movie-wannabe and did not pay off in any way.

I am disappointed, I do not plan on watching this movie again...unless I am REALLY bored.
  86. TimA.
    Aug 1, 2007
    Highly, Highly over rated by critics and press critics alike. I absolutely love the Simpsons TV series and have watched it for over 10 years. I was almost afraid to go and watch this because I didn't see the point in them making the film when they had resisted for so long. being highly cynical i feel it is one last cash in before they go and count their cash in retirement. The jokes Highly, Highly over rated by critics and press critics alike. I absolutely love the Simpsons TV series and have watched it for over 10 years. I was almost afraid to go and watch this because I didn't see the point in them making the film when they had resisted for so long. being highly cynical i feel it is one last cash in before they go and count their cash in retirement. The jokes (if some of them can truly be called that) can be seen coming a mile off and lack the brilliant suggestion at deeper comment that made the simpsons so popular in the first place. Bart - one of the principal characters spends the whole film craving Flanders as a father figure which renders him completely impotent with regards to the impact that his normally mischievous character would have. I am going to stop before i get started because this film disappointed me more then any of the last five years. You all know that its rubbish really too, you just want it to be good so you pretend it is or you're too afraid to admit it. This is a criminal waste and an insult to the awesome franchise/legacy that they have spent the best part of the last two decades building up. Expand
  87. MartinS.
    Aug 20, 2007
    More like 2 Episodes blown up to 90min with not-so-funny sidekicks (spider pig - wtf?) and not-so-ironic father& son stories. Too bad... and as usual - trailers took away most of the really awesome scenes (Moes Bar...)
  88. LiamL.
    Aug 1, 2007
    Good, but the animation was a bit 'fantasia-esque' and the jokes are particularly worn out by the "leaking" on YouTube.
  89. JulianC.
    Apr 13, 2008
    It's only 83 minutes, but still feels too long. I think it would have made a brilliant two-part episode on TV. There are several very funny parts, but nothing very sustained. It felt like there was a lot of padding added to make it up to feature length. It was reasonably entertaining on the whole. Probably worth renting. Not terrible, but not especially good either.
  90. DanH.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Made out to be the film of the century. When, in fact, it turned out to be big anti climax. They could've done SO much better.
  91. AndrewG.
    Jul 27, 2007
    There were a few funny parts - spider pig and seeing Bart's penis, in particular - but overall, it seemed very stale. Most of the jokes were a little off for me, even when others in the theater laughed a lot. Definitely not as good as the show.
  92. MarkW.
    Jul 28, 2007
    I agree whole-heartedly with Joseph B. and C.S. ... this movie had flashes of brilliance which only marginally compensated for a lot of unfunny gags. It really wasn't that good at all. The show has been going downhill since around '98, but I was hoping that the movie (written by some of the Simpsons longstanding creators) would redeem the series. Boy, was I wrong. Maybe the show I agree whole-heartedly with Joseph B. and C.S. ... this movie had flashes of brilliance which only marginally compensated for a lot of unfunny gags. It really wasn't that good at all. The show has been going downhill since around '98, but I was hoping that the movie (written by some of the Simpsons longstanding creators) would redeem the series. Boy, was I wrong. Maybe the show set too high a standard, but I don't think that's any excuse for the movie to be less than would it should have ... it was clever, at times, but is wasn't inspired. To quote C.S., about five reviews below mine, "A very great shame." Expand
  93. KevinR.
    Jul 30, 2007
    About 2/3 of the jokes were just cheesy--I mean like "Take my wife, please" level cheesy. Only a few had any satirical bite. The plot was pretty poorly developed and didn't have much more range than a typical TV episode. Underwhelming!
  94. MattR.
    Jul 31, 2007
    Through and through, a waste of time. While it entertained and gave me quite a few laughs, I couldn't help feeling very disappointed in the movie. It might just have been acceptable as a Primetime TV Special. The plot is contrived and stale, and instead of getting rich characters we get quick snippet gags. Theres nothing new here for fans who have seen this plot play out countless Through and through, a waste of time. While it entertained and gave me quite a few laughs, I couldn't help feeling very disappointed in the movie. It might just have been acceptable as a Primetime TV Special. The plot is contrived and stale, and instead of getting rich characters we get quick snippet gags. Theres nothing new here for fans who have seen this plot play out countless times before. Instead of introducing new things that would be impossible on TV, the writers lazily kept the same archetypes going about the same things. Its a shame that this once proud show has bottomed out these past 5 years. Its time to call it quits Simpsons. Expand
  95. JoshuaE.
    Aug 16, 2007
    Mediocre at best, The Simpson's Movie is a string of average gags and one liners strung together weakly by the most obvious (read easiest) dumb plot the writers could come up with. There was nothing clever about it and none of the quirky character that earlier incarnations of the show had. Many of the great characters that live in this world are left to rot with only one or two words Mediocre at best, The Simpson's Movie is a string of average gags and one liners strung together weakly by the most obvious (read easiest) dumb plot the writers could come up with. There was nothing clever about it and none of the quirky character that earlier incarnations of the show had. Many of the great characters that live in this world are left to rot with only one or two words to say in the whole movie. With all of the great ideas tossed off in half hour episodes over the years, it's a real shame they couldn't come up with, or save, one last good one for this movie. Expand
  96. RaduE.
    Dec 21, 2007
    This movies not that great. If your going to see it, dont get your hopes up like i did, you will be disapointed. The plot lacks real depth (homer screws up, total chaos, all back to normal) and most of the jokes and ideas have been done before on the Simpsons Tv series. This bores you half to death and makes you sub-consciously pick up the dvd case to check how long the movie really is. This movies not that great. If your going to see it, dont get your hopes up like i did, you will be disapointed. The plot lacks real depth (homer screws up, total chaos, all back to normal) and most of the jokes and ideas have been done before on the Simpsons Tv series. This bores you half to death and makes you sub-consciously pick up the dvd case to check how long the movie really is. What's worse, this movie losses it's Simpsons feel, after a while. Maybe the Simpsons just weren't mean for the big screen. All in all its an ok movie, but doesnt live up to the hype. (why doesnt the whole town just dig under the dome)? Expand
  97. Jun 17, 2011
    This movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. This movie marked the beginning of the end of my love of The Simpsons. If you are a fan of the show, you will most probably love this movie. But for someoneThis movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. This movie marked the beginning of the end of my love of The Simpsons. If you are a fan of the show, you will most probably love this movie. But for someone who doesn't watch the show, I do not recommend seeing this movie. Expand
  98. Mar 29, 2012
    My advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancelMy advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancel the Simpsons, go onto new **** You've already lost your fanbase, now try saving Futurama or just make a new franchise before we lose faith in you. Expand
  99. KelR.
    Oct 1, 2007
    For me this movie is the disappointment of the year. The hype for this movie alludes me, it was preachy and simply not funny unless I assume you're high. Seriously, I found myself shaking my head so many times in sheer disgust while bewildered at why in the world the audience was laughing. I only laughed 3 or 4 times and yes I DO have a sense of humor but have a tendency to laugh at For me this movie is the disappointment of the year. The hype for this movie alludes me, it was preachy and simply not funny unless I assume you're high. Seriously, I found myself shaking my head so many times in sheer disgust while bewildered at why in the world the audience was laughing. I only laughed 3 or 4 times and yes I DO have a sense of humor but have a tendency to laugh at things with wit, irony, and sarcasm- not senseless arbitrary humor that I honestly believe any high school stoner could have written. Prepare to be disappointed. Expand
  100. CharethC.
    Jul 28, 2007
    First of all, ignore Jospeh B, there's nothing particularly offensive about this movie other than the fact that I wasted 15 quid taking my family to see it. The positive reviews that it is receiving, I am assuming, are down to people WANTING to like this film. I know I wanted to, however, when all is said and done, it's just not funny. There are very few jokes for adults and to First of all, ignore Jospeh B, there's nothing particularly offensive about this movie other than the fact that I wasted 15 quid taking my family to see it. The positive reviews that it is receiving, I am assuming, are down to people WANTING to like this film. I know I wanted to, however, when all is said and done, it's just not funny. There are very few jokes for adults and to be honest not a great deal for the kids (I'm not to proud to laugh at people being juvenile, but it just wasn't there). Buy one of the earlier seasons on dvd instead of paying the ticket price, you'll have a much better time. Expand

1. It's hard not to like it. And in both senses of the phrase, America keeps asking for it.
    It would be a stretch to call The Simpsons Movie more than a crisper, livelier-looking episode of the series. The change in mediums changes nothing.
  3. The result is two-tiered humor, broad enough to appeal to anybody but overlaid with jokes that will be funnier if you know the show.