7.5

1. LuisO.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Give me a break to the person that said "Beware Carig Parents." There is nothing in this movie remotely offensive. And since when is the Simpsons considered a children's show anyway? Most of the jokes on the Simpsons are for a more adult audience and always have been. The only thing this movie does different than the series in that respect is that the jokes can be coupled with more Give me a break to the person that said "Beware Carig Parents." There is nothing in this movie remotely offensive. And since when is the Simpsons considered a children's show anyway? Most of the jokes on the Simpsons are for a more adult audience and always have been. The only thing this movie does different than the series in that respect is that the jokes can be coupled with more visuals that the uptight sensors at FOX would not approve for normal TV. But nothing offensive in the least. Bottom line, if you already let your kids watch the series, this movie is fine for them. Anyway, I thought the movie was awesome. The characters somehow became alive compared to how they act on TV when it comes to showing real emotion. The movie has some serious scenes and they serve to provide a lot of character development. Much more than what my expectations were for a Simpsons movie I must say. This is not Shakespeare people, it's the Simpsons. This movie will not make converts of people that are not already fans, but if you love the series, you will love the movie, period. Highly recommended. Expand
  2. FelizN.
    Sep 9, 2007
    Best movie in history of America! As a movie critic, this is kind of an amateur thing, but i highly recommend this film as a great movie! While your at the movies buy some billsberries! I gave it a 100 in my review for the Los Angeles Times, thank you.
  3. Phil&Roxee
    Jan 8, 2008
    This movie was very funny and crazy and weird and cool ans hot and cute and beautiful and pretty and yellow and long and not long and dark and blue and red and orange and green and purple and that it !!! Good luck to understand !!!
  4. AlexG.
    Apr 11, 2008
    I am very annoyed with people who say that Th Simpsons are staling, ok a couple of the recent episodes haven't been up to the usual standards but they are still going strong this superb film is evident proof that the Simpson are better than ever before, pure brilliance right down to the last detail.
  5. ChuckB
    Dec 2, 2007
    Film worth seeing. Real rating would be 8,5, but wanted to give better rating just because some retards are giving it such a low score.
  6. BillieM.
    Oct 9, 2007
    Bloody hell, this movie rocks!!!
  7. SimpleGuy
    Jul 27, 2007
    Good Movie.. Mel presented Westerners as the Saviours at the end of the Movie but in fact they were they real invaders and conquerers.. And he also presented the Mayans as Savages when these people respected each other and also respected nature.. Really disappointed at Mel..
  8. TonyFake_dude
    Jul 27, 2007
    Best. Movie. Ever. I laughed until it hurt, then laughed some more. Then I watched a second showing of the film. This is, in my opinion, the best motion picture ever.
  9. MattA
    Jul 27, 2007
    Being a longtime simpson fan, i can just say that hearing anything about this movie put my stomach in knots. Luckily, this movie met all my expectations, and the writers always had a knack for getting laughs out of the unexpected. The laughs are genuine, and often, not low-brow. I couldn't of asked for more. Job well done!
  10. Tim
    Flawlessly hilarious.
    Ima go see it 1 or 2 more times.
    Jul 30, 2007
    I thought it was pretty funny. It easily kept my attention because of all the jokes and excitement. People who're easily offended may not like the movie, it's not made by Pixar and is not supposed to be a Pixar movie so don't expect it to be one.
  12. DavidT.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Brilliant. A breath of fresh air after a lack luster summer of formula-driven unoriginal sequels.
  13. RockPaperScissors
    Aug 2, 2007
    The critics should go back and upgrade the Simpsons movie to universal acclaim status. Because this is hilariously delicious movie.
  14. dd.
    Aug 26, 2007
    The best and nothing short of it.
  15. JexxaS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    I don't think there were any flaws in the film. It wasn't like a normal Simpsons episode because it was a bigger adventure but it was just as funny. I feel that the writers were more daring than normal in some of their gags such as when Bart was skateboarding or when Homer was going down the sandpit. A great film and I will definitely be getting it on DVD.
  16. LincLink
    Jan 21, 2008
    I LOVED the film. I am especially thrilled when they deal with Shamanism, or anything Spiritual and/or Psychedelic on the show...and the Northern Shamanita was GREAT; funny, moving and gorgeous animation to watch.
  17. MichelleT.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Yoyu people are crazy. What the hell is wrong withyou. The Simpsons was hella funny. you guys have no sense of humor. You are crazy to rate the Simpsons a 2 or a 3. Just Crazy
  18. RyanD.
    Nov 12, 2007
    You people who rated it badly are retarded. That is all. I, ost of the critics, and everyone in the theater laughed all the way through.
  19. [Anonmous]
    Dec 21, 2007
    Better than expected. Along the lines of some of the funniest classic episodes.
  20. PabloR.
    Jul 27, 2007
    The Simpsons the movie is like a long, great episode. Much better than most episodes we've seen in the recent years. It has great animation, lots of humour, some novelties for the family, but basically it builds on all that we get to love about the Springfield family in these almost 20 years. It makes fun of itself brilliantly and has some nasty humour we didn't get to see on The Simpsons the movie is like a long, great episode. Much better than most episodes we've seen in the recent years. It has great animation, lots of humour, some novelties for the family, but basically it builds on all that we get to love about the Springfield family in these almost 20 years. It makes fun of itself brilliantly and has some nasty humour we didn't get to see on the TV series. If you are a fan you will laugh from start to finish, but I am not so sure that people than aren't into think kind of humour will like it. This is more like an adult cartoon, but I think that most kids nowadays love The Simpsons too. This is probably a movie that most people will love, just like Homer falls in love with that pig! Expand
  21. guy!
    Jul 28, 2007
    Funniest movie you'll ever see, I guarantee it.
  22. VEKTA
    Jul 28, 2007
    Funniest Movie Ever! A continuous laugh out loud riot. Even the story was comical. This is an instant favorite, a film to see again an again. I guess you can call this "The Simpsons like you never seen them before. Overall this is 11/10 film. Best movie all summer. Best movie ever! Extremely Recommended.
  23. steve
    Jul 28, 2007
    Haven't watched the last 5 or so seasons, but this film did not disappoint. Highly recommended.
  24. AndrewA.
    Best. Episode. Ever.
  25. KrysA.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Great movie. This will please all Simpson's fans.
  26. sRe
    Jul 28, 2007
    Nothing short of brilliant satire that will fly over middle America's heads, but has enough pig crap and fat jokes to satisfy its base.
  27. BrentD.
    Jul 31, 2007
    The Simpsons movie was brilliant. I loves the new crisper look, it looked great! I would differently go and buy the DVD when it comes out. Many, many funner jokes throughout the movie kept me laughing the entire time. Very impressed. Now will they make an Itchy and Scratchy Movie??????
  28. TomE.
    Aug 2, 2007
    This is the funniest movie ever period. I was laughing pretty much every second and the story is perfect for the movie. And homer swearing at the towns people is the icing on the cake!!!
  29. TravisR.
    Mar 16, 2008
    This movies is exactly what its title implies; The humor and characterizations are almost exactly the same as in the show, and the storyline doesn't feel too much like a Simpson's episode that you wonder how they turned it into a movie. Now as a Simpson's fan, I could appreciate the themes also, because they're so reminiscent of the earlier seasons. If you've This movies is exactly what its title implies; The humor and characterizations are almost exactly the same as in the show, and the storyline doesn't feel too much like a Simpson's episode that you wonder how they turned it into a movie. Now as a Simpson's fan, I could appreciate the themes also, because they're so reminiscent of the earlier seasons. If you've never seen the show, some of it might go over your head, but it won't be anything that'll stop you understanding the movie or its jokes. A must see for fans and non-fans alike. Expand
  30. JoshiTheCritic
    Jan 26, 2010
    This movie was great! It's perfect if you look at the past, and what they did now.
  31. BartSimpson
    Jul 28, 2007
    i really liked it, the best episode of the simpsons i have ever seen, good jokes, and it was just fun to watch.
  32. DeanP.
    Jul 29, 2007
    Brilliant. Loved it........with tons of one-liners and excellent sight gags.
  33. MichaelL.
    Jul 29, 2007
    Caring parents be warned?? Huh? SInce when has The Simpsons EVER been geared to the Pixar set? It's bright, caustic social commentary with just enough sophomoric humor to keep us oldsters laughing in spite of ourselves. Though the movie runs out of steam after the first brilliant 45 minutes, it's still smarter, funnier, wiser and more topical than all of the Adam Sandler, Robin Caring parents be warned?? Huh? SInce when has The Simpsons EVER been geared to the Pixar set? It's bright, caustic social commentary with just enough sophomoric humor to keep us oldsters laughing in spite of ourselves. Though the movie runs out of steam after the first brilliant 45 minutes, it's still smarter, funnier, wiser and more topical than all of the Adam Sandler, Robin Williams, and Jim Carrey dreck combined. And, no, this isn't for the Scooby Doo set. Does that really need to be said? Expand
  34. BrianS.
    Nov 25, 2007
    So funny your guts will pop out
  35. Dec 11, 2010
    This has gotta be one of the best movies ever! It's smart, it's funny, and above all, the story is good. What else do you want from a comedy!?
  36. Feb 17, 2011
    spiderpig spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a pig, look out!! He is a spiderpig....nuff' said, love the movie.
  37. Apr 24, 2011
    1st Of All Thank You Critics!! :)
    This Movie Could Not Be Any Better.. So So So So Funny.. I Love The Cast.. This Movie Has Some Moments I Will Never Forget! The Best Movie Of 07! The Writing ROX!
  38. Feb 6, 2012
    Who does not know The Simpsons? I love the TV-Series and the movie is nothing else than a really long episode. And its one of the best episodes ever by the way. Nothing more to say!
  39. Jun 3, 2012
    One Of The Best Movies Of All Time!
    The Simpsons Is The Best T.V. Show Of All Time!
  40. Feb 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the funniest comedy I have seen in my life, enough so that to compare it to minor flicks like Jim Carry or Robin Williams would just be unfair. This flick brings you the Simpson family at their finest, introducing the audience to a clever, cynical world on the brink of corruption, and when Springfield becomes the most polluted city in the world,the audience will let out gasps of hilarity as they watch a nobody family almost contribute against a global conspiracy. This movie is one of the few in the world to truly bring its A-Game, without a single joke falling flat. Expand
  41. Dec 20, 2014
    This is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA sealsThis is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA seals everyone in a big dome, and plots to blow up Springfield and everyone living in it. This is filled with an extreme influx of hilarious moments, including Homer trying to eat an electrified fish, the "Rock and a Hard Place" joke, Bart shooting Homer's hot-dog out of his hand with a slingshot, etc. The cast is extremely on point; they give the characters a sense of life no other show can match. Characterisation is also great. Homer is in his dumb, but lovable oaf form, Bart is the charismatic troublemaker we expect him to be (the show kind of forgot this in the later seasons), Lisa is her tree-hugger self (but she doesn't force it), Marge shows more emotion than she does on the show, and Maggie is cute and dangerous (keep the smashed bottle scene in mind). There are also plenty of emotional scenes as well. These include Lisa gushing about her new found love for an Irish boy named Colin, Bart's constant struggle to see Homer as a real father, and Marge's saddening message to Homer about their leaving Alaska for Springfield (along with the perfectly fitting "Close To You" song playing over their wedding video). Overall, this film has excellent characterisation and a flawless plot with the perfect ending (Homer and Marge riding off into the sunset), which makes this the perfect film to fit one of the world's best animated shows. 10/10. Expand
  42. Aug 3, 2014
    Perhaps some episodes of the series are not humorous at all, but this movie is simply hilarious. "The Simpsons Movie" will cheer you up, will make you sad , make you think and, especially , it will entertain you. A film suitable for all ages.
  43. Oct 6, 2014
    A wonderful movie, absolutely great any movie with The Simpsons are great its a funny movie with a good story and a great plot i advise you to go see this movie.
  44. Apr 16, 2015
    This is a great movie! If your a fan of the simpsons then watch this! It's very funny and you will have a great time watching it with your friends or family or just by yourself!
  45. Nov 8, 2014
    The Simpsons movie it's the best movie of all time.There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events.The best movie ever.
  46. Jan 17, 2015
    The Simpsons Movie is one of the best movies of all time! The series has been going on for a long time with great episodes and this movie was awesome. It is really funny. It has a cool storyline. The voice actors are all back. This movie was a great movie and I highly recommend you watch it.
  47. Apr 19, 2015
    An instant classic with hilarious jokes and great quotes. The Simpsons Movie sure is the best animated/cartoon movie that i have seen. Homer as the idiot dad and Bart as the brat like always. The movie is original and perfect in any way. The movie that you will more than once.
  48. DavidL.
    Jul 29, 2007
    Definitely funny, highly entertaining. There was unfortunately a complete lack of Sideshow Bob and very little Mr Burns. I would say that the writers crossed the line on 3 occasions which was upsetting for this longtime fan. There was no need to see Bart's genitals, Homer giving the middle finger, or Marge using the "G-D" phrase. The writers should be above that.
  49. Jo-AnneM.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Enjoyed it so much. Laughed a lot, plan to see it again to catch what I didn't the first time around. Lots of big broad humour, but sly bits tucked in here and there to catch you up and make you roar with hilarity! Tell everyone to see this!
  50. BJN.
    Jul 27, 2007
    So much fun and laughs a plenty.
  51. JeremyX
    Jan 18, 2008
    I agree, some of the newer Simpsons episodes of the last 3 series' have been pretty bad, but I know I will watch them again and realise that it is really funny. I thought that the Simpsons was getting bad since around series 13 or so, but I watch the episodes again and found that the jokes are among the funniest. The Simpsons should keep going, and this film has proven this. The film I agree, some of the newer Simpsons episodes of the last 3 series' have been pretty bad, but I know I will watch them again and realise that it is really funny. I thought that the Simpsons was getting bad since around series 13 or so, but I watch the episodes again and found that the jokes are among the funniest. The Simpsons should keep going, and this film has proven this. The film itself had a laugh almost every minute until it became more and more serious, but you can tell that even then the writers didn't take it too seriously. The Simpsons Movie was produced by almost all the executive producers has ever had and even though some of us expected better, I'm sure they will make up for it in the next movie. Expand
  52. ArthurX
    Jan 21, 2008
    I came for laughs, and this movie delivered. The first 30 minutes alone is worth the ticket/movie price.
  53. sufiH
    May 2, 2009
    I loved this movie!I am a huge fan of the simpsons and i didnt think there was something to make me like it even more but I was WRONG! It still isnt perfect and i know that they could have made it much better but this is also good.
  54. SuperMan
    Nov 7, 2007
    Longer, Darker, Funnier, BETTER than ANY Simpsons episode.
  55. Cooel
    Dec 9, 2007
    Officially the funniest film I've ever seen.
  56. JanS.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just watched the movie yesterday evening and found it pretty good. First i feared that i wouldn't like the design, artwork and drawings, but in the end i was really satisfied with all of these points. Yes and the movie was a real lot of fun, couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes in the beginning. All together one of the best movies in cinema for some time. 9/10 from me
  57. WaldysP.
    Jul 29, 2007
    The movie is excellent, I laughed from beginning to end. I recommend it to anyone who understand Homer and his fellows. Go to watch it, you won't be disappointed.
  58. CL.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Personally I absolutely loved it! people who call the movie "offensive" should wear extra padding on their helmets; fluffy mittens; and an extra layer of sunblock to protect their delicate skin from the harsh rays emanating from the sun. that "sick feeling" in your stomach -Joseph B.- is probably your head. to alleviate it, just place your hands on your butt cheeks and push.
  59. ThomasC.
    Jul 30, 2007
    I'm not quite sure what Joseph B. was thinking when he suggested not to take young kids to see this movie. This is The Simpsons, and unless you've been in a hole for the past 18 years, the comedic stylings of Mr. James L. Brooks and the rest of the team are those of witty, intellectual tones. The movie is rated PG-13 for a reason: Most kids under the age of 13 won't see I'm not quite sure what Joseph B. was thinking when he suggested not to take young kids to see this movie. This is The Simpsons, and unless you've been in a hole for the past 18 years, the comedic stylings of Mr. James L. Brooks and the rest of the team are those of witty, intellectual tones. The movie is rated PG-13 for a reason: Most kids under the age of 13 won't see this as anything more than a visual roller coaster ride. This movie was worth waiting the 18 years for. Jokes were carefully crafted and characters filled their roles exactly how we've come to know them over 400+ episodes. If you are not a fan of The Simpsons, you may not enjoy this movie. That being said, any Simpsons fan would be foolish not to see it! Collapse
  60. Joe
    Aug 2, 2007
    One word sums up this hilarious film: Spiderpig.
  61. DannyV.V.
    Aug 2, 2007
    I think the Simpsons movie way overshot my expectations, as they were very low. The last few seasons can be called "disappointing" at best. The movie was pretty funny, but sometimes, especially at the beginning, it tries to cram too many jokes into one scene, making it look like it was trying too hard. Overall, the movie was very touching and hilarious at moments, although if you really I think the Simpsons movie way overshot my expectations, as they were very low. The last few seasons can be called "disappointing" at best. The movie was pretty funny, but sometimes, especially at the beginning, it tries to cram too many jokes into one scene, making it look like it was trying too hard. Overall, the movie was very touching and hilarious at moments, although if you really want to laugh your a** off, go watch Borat. [***SPOILER***] Can't wait for, as maggie says at the end, the "sequel". Expand
  62. JD
    Aug 24, 2007
    One thing you need to understand going into this movie is that it holds little resemblance to what the legendary, historic, landmark television show did for the first 18 years. That being said, I've NEVER laughed as loud and consistently than I did during the SIMPSONS movie. One word of caution : the raunchy matches the riot. This movie is much more crass than I'd expected.
  63. ComicBookGuy
    Aug 6, 2007
    Best movie adaption of a cartoon series ever!
  64. EricC.
    Jul 27, 2007
    I'm reading some of these reviews and I'm thinking...Are these people on crack? I thought the movie was wonderful. Yeah it's very PG-13 (not PG-13 so it sounds cooler and edgier ...cough ...Harry Potter) The jokes were funny, the plot sustained itself for 90 minutes, and it actually built on what we love about the show. Ignore the Comic Book Guys and Ned Flanders of the I'm reading some of these reviews and I'm thinking...Are these people on crack? I thought the movie was wonderful. Yeah it's very PG-13 (not PG-13 so it sounds cooler and edgier ...cough ...Harry Potter) The jokes were funny, the plot sustained itself for 90 minutes, and it actually built on what we love about the show. Ignore the Comic Book Guys and Ned Flanders of the world. This is a move both Homer and Lisa could like. Expand
  65. BrianA.
    Jul 27, 2007
    The Simpsons moves brilliantly from the small screen to the large screen in one of the funniest films of the year.
  66. TylerG.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Being a Simpsons lover from the beginning. This movie met all my expectations. I didn't know how it would turn out, but I hardly stopped laughing the whole time. I'm going back to the movies to watch this movie again no doubt. It was non-stop laughs, a must-see for anyone.
  67. ChrisK.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Everything a Simpsons fan would love, and a little more heart and plot than a regular episode. I had mixed expectations from the commercials but the movie far outshone my expectations. All Simpsons fans must go see this movie. Some of the animation is so nicely done that it makes it worth seeing it on the big screen.
  68. JessalR.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Does this movie redeem the tv series from its mediocrity in the past years? No...but it comes close. This movie has all the wit and hidden jokes you'd come to expect from the Simpson's at their greatest but also has those stupid humor consisting of homer hurting himself for no reason. If the didn't show all the jokes on the trailer and tv spots this would have been much Does this movie redeem the tv series from its mediocrity in the past years? No...but it comes close. This movie has all the wit and hidden jokes you'd come to expect from the Simpson's at their greatest but also has those stupid humor consisting of homer hurting himself for no reason. If the didn't show all the jokes on the trailer and tv spots this would have been much more funny but in the end this was a great movie in the Simpson's library of great shows. Expand
  69. MarkL.
    Jul 29, 2007
    The characters in the movie have much more depth and evolve to a greater degree than any of the single episodes could possibly accomplish in a half hour. Bravo!
  70. DeezN.
    Aug 31, 2007
    This movie was sooofunny, one of the best of the summer. The entire sold out movie theater was cracking up throughout.
  71. MarkJ.
    Dec 22, 2007
    The Simpson's movie is the perfect barometer needed to separate the decent critics from the elitist ones. Yes, it's silly. Yes, it's not quite what the show was 10 years ago. Yes, some of the humor doesn't work. But yes, it's a good movie. It's funny, it's got heart and it's succeeded where South Park did before it: It told a story to big for the The Simpson's movie is the perfect barometer needed to separate the decent critics from the elitist ones. Yes, it's silly. Yes, it's not quite what the show was 10 years ago. Yes, some of the humor doesn't work. But yes, it's a good movie. It's funny, it's got heart and it's succeeded where South Park did before it: It told a story to big for the small-screen. Expand
  72. JoB
    Dec 22, 2007
    Anyone that doesn't appreciate the humor of the Simpsons or this movie simply has no understanding of what a satire is. Although the quality of recent Simpsons seasons is questionable, this film was hilarious--I laughed the entire way through, especially when the jokes were bad because they were bad on purpose. If you didn't pick up on that, then, well, you don't understand Anyone that doesn't appreciate the humor of the Simpsons or this movie simply has no understanding of what a satire is. Although the quality of recent Simpsons seasons is questionable, this film was hilarious--I laughed the entire way through, especially when the jokes were bad because they were bad on purpose. If you didn't pick up on that, then, well, you don't understand the show. Expand
  73. Nov 2, 2010
    spiderpig spiderpig
    does whatever a spiderpig does
    can he swing from a web
    no he can't he's a pig
    look out he is a spiderpig
  74. CRL
    Sep 24, 2011
    Bitingly, achingly, hilariously funny. By the end of this movie you won't be able to get up from your couch to put away the popcorn; you'll have quite literally busted your gut laughing. Oh and look, it even comes with a little message inside... who could have guessed?
  75. Dec 5, 2012
    Hilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movieHilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movie has redeemed the Simpsons as a whole, everyone wanting more of what made such a great series at the start of it all... and the movie... the movie is glorious. 9.3/10. Expand
  76. Sep 26, 2012
    The Simpsons Movie
    The Simpsons Movie
    Story: While performing on Lake Springfield, rock band Green Day are killed when pollution in the lake dissolves their barge, following an audience revolt after frontman Billie Joe Armstrong proposes an environmental discussion. At a memorial service, Grampa has a prophetic vision in which he predicts the impending doom of the town, but only Marge takes it seriously. Then Homer dares Bart to skate naked and he does so. Lisa and an Irish boy named Colin, with whom she has fallen in love, hold a meeting where they convince the town to clean up the lake.
    Characters:
    Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Maggie
    Personal Opinion: Funny, humorous, references from other films
    Harry Potter (Homer names the pig
  77. Jan 22, 2013
    Very funny movie from a very funny program. I like the humor and the scenes where you don't expected what gonna happens. Of now on spider pig is my favorite song of 2007 :-) . This is the funniest movie of 2007.
  78. May 9, 2014
    very funny as well as the entire series of the simpsons,
    it looks like a giant episode
    ...........................................
    ...................
  79. Sep 1, 2014
    I'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of theI'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of the funniest films I have ever seen. All The Simpsons humour you love is here, and it pays tributes to the first 10 seasons more than The Simpsons episodes you've been seeing lately. Since the span of the movie is 90 minutes, pretty much every single character has lines. The storyline here is nothing noteworthy, but it didn't matter to me. One very small flaw is that within the first act very similiar jokes are used. I've said it once and I'll say it again: The Simpsons Movie is hilarious from start to finish. Expand
  80. May 6, 2015
    love this film from beginning to end this is one of the best films of 2007. it is funny it is heartbreaking I really wanted to see where this ending is just a good film to a good TV series.
  81. Spongeee
    Jul 30, 2007
    The movie runs parallel with the Simpsons of today. The show reached its prime in the mid to late 90s and has been pretty funny since. The movie itself is pretty funny but fails to reach the prime. Thats ok. It's still way kewl to see the Simpsons on large format and the 3D animation really gives it a big world feel which a tv to film transfer needs and deserves. If you liked the The movie runs parallel with the Simpsons of today. The show reached its prime in the mid to late 90s and has been pretty funny since. The movie itself is pretty funny but fails to reach the prime. Thats ok. It's still way kewl to see the Simpsons on large format and the 3D animation really gives it a big world feel which a tv to film transfer needs and deserves. If you liked the Simpsons at any point, go see this movie. Def worth a shot. Expand
  82. JoeG.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Very very funny movie. Simpsons kept constant laughs coming (usually at least once a minute) in its typical style of humor. The only part that was slow was (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) after Homer's family left him in Alaska (END SPOILERS)... But then the movie came back with a hilarious joke (to be continued...). Overall good movie -- but not kid-friendly. A few offensive parts (relating to Very very funny movie. Simpsons kept constant laughs coming (usually at least once a minute) in its typical style of humor. The only part that was slow was (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) after Homer's family left him in Alaska (END SPOILERS)... But then the movie came back with a hilarious joke (to be continued...). Overall good movie -- but not kid-friendly. A few offensive parts (relating to the Bible and Christianity) but otherwise good. Again, it was FREAKIN HILARIOUS! Expand
  83. JoeyK.
    Aug 10, 2007
    Everything that a reasonable person should expect from a Simpsons Movie. Not a great, innovative, or typical film, but the TV show transformed into a feature film in the only way that would work. The humor, while not the absolute best that The Simpsons has to offer, hearkens back to the prime of the show. I haven't really watched the show in ages. It got stale, preachy, and unfunny. Everything that a reasonable person should expect from a Simpsons Movie. Not a great, innovative, or typical film, but the TV show transformed into a feature film in the only way that would work. The humor, while not the absolute best that The Simpsons has to offer, hearkens back to the prime of the show. I haven't really watched the show in ages. It got stale, preachy, and unfunny. But this movie really reminded me of how the show used to be great. And good news, all the social and political commentary is right where it belongs: tucked away in snarky comments sprinkled throughout the movie. *Homer flipping through the Bible* "This book doesn't have any answers!" If you ever liked The Simpsons, you'll enjoy this movie, but it's nothing amazing. It's The Simpsons in movie form. That's all. Expand
  84. DanF.
    Aug 6, 2007
    The first half is a 10, as I was completely involved and laughing hysterically the whole time. (Just about busted a gut when Homer said, "I helped a little".) The sharpness and angles available on the big screen were definitely new and fun. But the second half gets a 6, because the jokes are fewer and the plot doesn't have the weight to carry the movie. So 8 it is... It could have The first half is a 10, as I was completely involved and laughing hysterically the whole time. (Just about busted a gut when Homer said, "I helped a little".) The sharpness and angles available on the big screen were definitely new and fun. But the second half gets a 6, because the jokes are fewer and the plot doesn't have the weight to carry the movie. So 8 it is... It could have been condensed and made into two of the greatest Simpsons episodes of all time, but it was still worth seeing in the theater. Expand
  85. MatthieuR
    Aug 6, 2007
    The Simpsons movie was better than I expected, but, as others have pointed out, not quite as good as a top-tier episode. It's true that certain characters are barely in it, while others are too present, but overall this was a lot of fun. This movie was bound to be divisive (just read Robert K's tantrum below), but if you like the simpsons, you owe it to yourself to go see it!
  86. DanKelly
    Aug 9, 2007
    Smart, sassy and equally moronic The Simpsons Movie is everything a Simpsons fan could have wanted. A few gags where a bit generic but overall I was so happy that the film could achieve this level of quality considering the expectations that where heaped on it's shoulders.,
  87. SophieM.
    Oct 7, 2007
    A great movie, and one of the standouts of the summer. Not only is it great to see your favourite characters on the big screen, it's refreshing to see a cartoon in the cinema that isn't computer animated. Is it as good as the early Simpsons episodes? No, but aside from Futurama, nothing else is. The movie does a sublime job of reminding you of the wit and good humour of earlier A great movie, and one of the standouts of the summer. Not only is it great to see your favourite characters on the big screen, it's refreshing to see a cartoon in the cinema that isn't computer animated. Is it as good as the early Simpsons episodes? No, but aside from Futurama, nothing else is. The movie does a sublime job of reminding you of the wit and good humour of earlier episodes, and that makes a good movie in itself. I highly recommend this one. Expand
  88. SteveS.
    Jul 28, 2007
    First half of the movie was non-stop laughs in the theater. The laughs slowed down some in the second half, but not sure they could have (or should have) sustained the pace set earlier. Very funny, very well done, very Simpsons!
  89. Scott
    Jul 28, 2007
    Nearly perfect. Hilarious through and through.
  90. ScottS.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Excellent. Those offended have not been paying attention to the TV show, or don't understand what The Simpson's are about. America's first family make their leap to the big screen in the exact manner they should: wittily, lovingly, and, of course, subversively.
  91. DanP
    Aug 14, 2007
    I haven't been a fan since the 11th season ended with more and more mindless stupidity and poor writing, but the film was a pleasant surprise. Still dumb and random and not nearly as intelligent as Season 4 or 5, but at least it was along the same level as season 9 or 10.
  92. RienyeN
    Aug 15, 2007
    I have to admit i had high expectations for this movie and even though it didn't disappoint, i still feel there was something missing...or it felt like an ultra-long episode of the series. All in all, it was great for laughs and very entertaining.
  93. ChrisV
    Aug 21, 2007
    Its an ok movie, not great, but... ill definitely buy it on dvd when it comes out.
  94. JackB.
    Aug 9, 2007
    I thought this was a good movie, some of it was inappropriate for kids, and some of it was kid-friendly. The main plot of the story was global warming. One flaw of this movie was they milked spider-pig so much, he was only in the movie for about 5 minutes. overall, I'd say it was a pretty good movie.
  95. Oligami
    Sep 1, 2007
    I really like the show, and the movie doesn't dissapoint. I expected more jokes though.
  96. ColinC
    Sep 5, 2007
    Good fun. I you like the Simpsons, you'll enjoy this movie.
  97. PriyanthT.
    Jan 31, 2008
    really funny but still not like the tv show.the advantage is that it is longer than the tv show and its a good entertainer.
  98. GaryH.
    May 10, 2008
    Fresh and entertainingly hilarious but limited with its run time.
  99. HarlenM
    Jul 27, 2008
    Like watching a ninety minute-long episode of the Simpsons, but a bit funnier.
  100. BenC
    Nov 17, 2007
    It was so cool to finally see the Simpsons on the big screen. The good and bad thing about this film is that it's basically just an extended episode of the show, the earlier seasons mind you. If you're a fan of the show you'll probably get some enjoymnet out of this.

1. It's hard not to like it. And in both senses of the phrase, America keeps asking for it.
    It would be a stretch to call The Simpsons Movie more than a crisper, livelier-looking episode of the series. The change in mediums changes nothing.
  3. The result is two-tiered humor, broad enough to appeal to anybody but overlaid with jokes that will be funnier if you know the show.