7.5

1. Nov 2, 2010
    spiderpig spiderpig
    does whatever a spiderpig does
    can he swing from a web
    no he can't he's a pig
    look out he is a spiderpig
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is decent yet disappointing. The film feels like an everyday episode of the show but has it's jokes stretched out too thin. Not as good as it should have been.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    While I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn'tWhile I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn't half bad, but this could easily have been cut into a three part episode. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is simply that.
    A good all around movie capturing the eyes of its target audience. Laughs, a little story, and a good bit of fun all around.
  5. Oct 6, 2014
    A wonderful movie, absolutely great any movie with The Simpsons are great its a funny movie with a good story and a great plot i advise you to go see this movie.
  6. Nov 8, 2014
    The Simpsons movie it's the best movie of all time.There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events.The best movie ever.
  7. Mar 9, 2015
    This movie is freaking hilarious. Probably in my top 10 for the best comedy movies, not kidding. I laughed so hard in some scenes. I overall had a good time with this movie!
  8. Mar 11, 2015
    I, personally, could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie. When I got out I realized my parents would not have liked it the least bit (except for the famous Spider Pig scene). Still, it's got some pretty inappropriate stuff in here. If you don't care and like stupid stuff, this is definitely your kind of thing.
  9. Mar 19, 2015
    I grew up watching 'The Simpsons' TV show, you know, like everybody else in the entire world...so when I heard that they were making a movie out of a TV show that's been on for years and that I'm a huge fan of... you can imagine how excited I was feeling.

Boy was I disappointed...massively disappointed. 'The Simpsons Movie' is a weak comedy that tries to have a big-scale plot and tries to throw in as many twists as possible, but for me, it just backfired.

The movie's main focus is about the environment and keeping it safe, Homer, however after adopting a pet pig, makes a stupid decision to dump the "Pig Crap" silo into the river and polluting the environment. Meanwhile, Lisa has fallen for a boy named Collin who shares the same interests about keeping the environment safe. Bart, for reasons of his own, has built a relationship with Ned Flanders simply because Homer is not a good enough father and Flanders respects Bart.

The family get under attack from the Springfield population after hearing what Homer did and because of his idiotic decision, it led Springfield to be trapped underneath the dome. The family manage to escape and reside in Alaska and start a new life there.

The voice actors do a great job at showing all of the characters' different emotions as you'd expect since they've been doing this throughout the television show. Obviously, one cannot go wrong with the animation as well.

My only issues with this film include the humor, it's not very funny. The television show had me laughing with the sarcastic humor and slapstick style. But this movie really scraped the bottom of the barrel here, the "Spider Pig" moment was supposed to be the funniest movie moment of 2007, but I had a straight face throughout the entire sequence...it just was not funny at all.

The plot was just uninteresting and too big-scale, it did not feel like one long "Simpsons" episode, it just felt like a huge Simpsons movie-wannabe and did not pay off in any way.

I am disappointed, I do not plan on watching this movie again...unless I am REALLY bored.
  10. Sep 25, 2011
    Probably America's most daring movie ever made....
  11. Dec 11, 2010
    This has gotta be one of the best movies ever! It's smart, it's funny, and above all, the story is good. What else do you want from a comedy!?
  12. Apr 24, 2011
    1st Of All Thank You Critics!! :)
    This Movie Could Not Be Any Better.. So So So So Funny.. I Love The Cast.. This Movie Has Some Moments I Will Never Forget! The Best Movie Of 07! The Writing ROX!
  13. Dec 4, 2010
    It may seem more like a prolonged episode than anything else, but it is both way more funny as well as serious, resulting in a great first film for 'The Simpsons'. Both fans (and some who aren't) will adore this movie.
  14. Jun 17, 2011
    This movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. This movie marked the beginning of the end of my love of The Simpsons. If you are a fan of the show, you will most probably love this movie. But for someoneThis movie was pretty bad. There were some laughs, but they were few and far between. The movie couldn't help but feel like an episode of The Simpsons that went on for way too long. The plot was a little ridiculous even for a cartoon. This movie marked the beginning of the end of my love of The Simpsons. If you are a fan of the show, you will most probably love this movie. But for someone who doesn't watch the show, I do not recommend seeing this movie. Expand
  15. Jun 3, 2012
    One Of The Best Movies Of All Time!
    The Simpsons Is The Best T.V. Show Of All Time!
  16. Jan 17, 2015
    The Simpsons Movie is one of the best movies of all time! The series has been going on for a long time with great episodes and this movie was awesome. It is really funny. It has a cool storyline. The voice actors are all back. This movie was a great movie and I highly recommend you watch it.
  17. Mar 29, 2012
    My advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancelMy advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancel the Simpsons, go onto new **** You've already lost your fanbase, now try saving Futurama or just make a new franchise before we lose faith in you. Expand
  18. Nov 2, 2010
    The story was random just like almost every episode from 2000 to present. I laughed a few times but a dome going aroung springfield is not believable. I liked the movie 10 years ago but its gone to crap unfortunately. But there were some funny moments thats why it didnt get a 2.
  19. Dec 14, 2011
    Only funny if you watch it in theaters. You need an audience to appreciate and laugh hard while watching this. It's also only funny the first time. It lacks the charm and everything else that the show has. I was also discussed by the showing of Bart's penis. The writing was okay. My favorite line was "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does what ever Spiderpig does, can he swing from a web no he can'tOnly funny if you watch it in theaters. You need an audience to appreciate and laugh hard while watching this. It's also only funny the first time. It lacks the charm and everything else that the show has. I was also discussed by the showing of Bart's penis. The writing was okay. My favorite line was "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does what ever Spiderpig does, can he swing from a web no he can't he's a pig lookout, lookout for Spiderpig." I'm not sure if that is how you write that line but you understand what I'm getting at. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2014
    Many fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that the film didn't take place in Springfield and didn't utilize the side characters much, but again, the film wasn't meant for the die hard Simpsons fan.Many fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that the film didn't take place in Springfield and didn't utilize the side characters much, but again, the film wasn't meant for the die hard Simpsons fan. While the show has been on for more than a quarter century, prior to the films release, ratings for the show were in the toilet, and it was only being kept alive by syndication and merchandising money. The point of the film was to be childish and geared towards a younger audience. While fans of the show were expecting the film to be extreme like the South Park movie, what they got amounted to little more than a children's movie. The fans were upset, but the studios gamble paid off, as the ratings went up and have continued to be much better. For those who didn't see it, the film focuses on Homer, who made the mistake of polluting the town, to a point where the EPA put a big dome over Springfield to separate it from the rest of the country. As angry town folks form a mob, intent on getting Homer, the family escapes and goes on the run. The film is far from being the best the Simpsons has to offer, but it served it's purpose in attracting younger viewers and raising the ratings. Fans may have been upset with Matt Groening, but what he did saved the show for who knows how many future seasons. The film isn't spectacular, but it was good for introducing new fans to the characters we all know and love. Expand
  21. Mar 23, 2015
    Epic fail this should have been 2 an half hours long filled with satirical humor and critical insights about humanity but nope we get spider pig . It should have had a R rating since they did not have to deal with TV censorship but nope they went for quick money of pg13 . What a complete waste just think of all the hard critique of society failure got thrown out for profit. This movieEpic fail this should have been 2 an half hours long filled with satirical humor and critical insights about humanity but nope we get spider pig . It should have had a R rating since they did not have to deal with TV censorship but nope they went for quick money of pg13 . What a complete waste just think of all the hard critique of society failure got thrown out for profit. This movie marks when they completely sold-out. The show itself has lost it's sense of fun and commentary because of Al Jean. They could have crammed more jokes in a lot more. Had I been in charge I would have used the actors to help get this movie to be 3 hours long. Expand
  22. Feb 17, 2011
    spiderpig spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a pig, look out!! He is a spiderpig....nuff' said, love the movie.
  23. Dec 29, 2010
    It's a good movie. I do have a DVD of that movie but when you watch the movie too much, you get a bit tired of it. Still it's a great movie for everybody.
  24. Mar 10, 2011
    Very good but it lost points for lack of characters and jokes
  25. CRL
    Sep 24, 2011
    Bitingly, achingly, hilariously funny. By the end of this movie you won't be able to get up from your couch to put away the popcorn; you'll have quite literally busted your gut laughing. Oh and look, it even comes with a little message inside... who could have guessed?
  26. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A generally good movie so I didn't feel like I was wasting my time. There were a couple of parts which I preferred not to watch where Homer visits that Inuit's home; even though it was significant to the plot, and also having the distraction of Bart skateboarding naked around Springfield. But it was funny, I can tell you that. One of the most memorable bits involved 'Spiderpig' - the Spiderpig song is still stuck in my head. The Simpsons use of humour never fails to amaze me and make me laugh. Expand
  27. Sep 10, 2011
    It may seem just another prolonged episode but the film is funnier and livelier than the series itself. There is only one problem with this movie: when you watch it again you will not enjoy it as much as the first time.
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    We are lucky to have a Simpsons film in the first place. It is not an overlong episode like some say. The Simpsons movie has a funny story and the characters have rarely had better moments.
  29. Nov 27, 2011
    I truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an American family with fantastic humour brought to life by the most amazing array of characters. In spite of this, the movie just felt like one long episode and,I truly struggled between what score to give this film as a massive Simpsons fan, but I just couldn't fall in love with the movie as much as I have done with the series. The Simpsons is unquestionably the funniest rendition of an American family with fantastic humour brought to life by the most amazing array of characters. In spite of this, the movie just felt like one long episode and, to be so hyped up, let me down on that pointer alone. The storyline is typical of an episode which, let's be honest, isn't a bad thing... there's yet to be a Simpsons episode where I'm shaking my head at the end credits; I sat at the end of The Simpsons Movie with a grin on my face after loving some of the new characters and the typical Simpsons humour, however I was just expecting something a bit fresh for such a hyped up movie. The problem continues along those lines; there isn't really much else you can do for a Simpsons movie (or any cartoon movie for that matter) other than a feature-long episode, however The Simpsons have undoubtably set the bar to be the the funniest, most enthralling cartoon movie with a pretty decent storyline and the best set of characters ever created. If you want a pretty decent watch which is bound to provide laughs and all-round entertainment then The Simpsons Movie is designed for you; however, if you are expecting a block-buster to be packed into this film then you will be rather disappointed. Expand
  30. Jan 17, 2012
    This a creative, clever, charming and funny adventure for adults to actually enjoy. Along with its great animation and original story you get memories when animated movies were actually great. I give this film 85%.
  31. Aug 25, 2014
    The movie is tructured like the TV episodes: there is a beginning that has little to do with the end - yet they are in touch with each other.

However, we are talking about the Simpsons, and expecting an award-winning movie experience would be a little too much. The movie is funny, there's no way around that. If you like the TV show, you're guaranteed to like this. It isn't the best of the best, but satisfying enough for more than one watch.
  32. Aug 5, 2013
    Might this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. TheMight this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. The political/social substance in the film is not really well carved out, but I'd rather have it be in there than left out completely. The computer-assisted animation is quite well integrated and makes for some quietly impressive images of movement on a round structure etc.. Expand
  33. Feb 6, 2012
    Who does not know The Simpsons? I love the TV-Series and the movie is nothing else than a really long episode. And its one of the best episodes ever by the way. Nothing more to say!
  34. Dec 5, 2012
    Hilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movieHilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movie has redeemed the Simpsons as a whole, everyone wanting more of what made such a great series at the start of it all... and the movie... the movie is glorious. 9.3/10. Expand
  35. Mar 17, 2012
    You've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bringYou've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bring The Simpsons onto the big screen, and that's an even better thing. This film is very very funny, very charming and overall it is a great laugh for the whole family :) Expand
  36. Feb 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the funniest comedy I have seen in my life, enough so that to compare it to minor flicks like Jim Carry or Robin Williams would just be unfair. This flick brings you the Simpson family at their finest, introducing the audience to a clever, cynical world on the brink of corruption, and when Springfield becomes the most polluted city in the world,the audience will let out gasps of hilarity as they watch a nobody family almost contribute against a global conspiracy. This movie is one of the few in the world to truly bring its A-Game, without a single joke falling flat. Expand
  37. Sep 26, 2012
    The Simpsons Movie
    The Simpsons Movie
    Story: While performing on Lake Springfield, rock band Green Day are killed when pollution in the lake dissolves their barge, following an audience revolt after frontman Billie Joe Armstrong proposes an environmental discussion. At a memorial service, Grampa has a prophetic vision in which he predicts the impending doom of the town, but only Marge takes it seriously. Then Homer dares Bart to skate naked and he does so. Lisa and an Irish boy named Colin, with whom she has fallen in love, hold a meeting where they convince the town to clean up the lake.
    Characters:
    Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Maggie
    Personal Opinion: Funny, humorous, references from other films
    Harry Potter (Homer names the pig
  38. Nov 28, 2012
    Classic Simpsons humor and particularly stellar animation throughout this successful comedy.
  39. Jan 22, 2013
    Very funny movie from a very funny program. I like the humor and the scenes where you don't expected what gonna happens. Of now on spider pig is my favorite song of 2007 :-) . This is the funniest movie of 2007.
  40. Jun 28, 2013
    Do you like to laugh? Good, then see this movie. It's essentially the same concept as Stephen King's "Under the Dome", just far less dark and full of jokes, jokes, and more jokes.
    Do yourself a favor and clap for Alaska.
  41. Mar 12, 2013
    This is a 100% Simpsons experience! Funny,energetic and enjoyable to watch The Simpsons Movie gets my 8/10 When it got released (i was on vacation) i couldn't wait to come back to my hometown and watch it on the theater.
  42. Mar 24, 2013
    Very funny with good scenes and acting. Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't he's a pig. Look out, he's a spider pig.
  43. Aug 3, 2013
    kinda disappointing compared to the tv show and is kinda moronic and does not feature the karn and kudos kolly man an early adaption to the simpsons show it also does not feature comic book guys brother gamer guy it also failed to put in as much hilarity as the tv show
  44. Jul 25, 2014
    A hilarious comedy based on the beloved sitcom, and not missing its trademark humor. This is a movie all Simpson fans should enjoy. Whoever doesn't enjoy this, at all, must not be a fan of the series, because it's exactly like a ninety minute episode, which may be too prolonged for some, but I liked it well enough to rewatch it and was able laugh just as much as the first time.
  45. May 9, 2014
    very funny as well as the entire series of the simpsons,
    it looks like a giant episode
    ...........................................
    ...................
  46. Mar 11, 2014
    The Simpsons Movie manages to capture the same humor as the TV show, except maybe with a little more explicit content. It is a feat well done. And how can you not love Spiderpig?
  47. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a big fan of The Simpsons, albeit kind of late to get on the bandwagon, I must say the movie is much better than virtually all recent episodes. But it lowballs itself in a few places.

The main plot takes a bit too long to get off the ground, and when it does, it’s a rehash of Marge leaving Homer with the kids again. YMMV on Bart’s nude skateboarding scene; I find it both funny and disgusting in one shot.

But when the jokes hit in this movie, they hit HARD!
  48. Dec 20, 2014
    This is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA sealsThis is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA seals everyone in a big dome, and plots to blow up Springfield and everyone living in it. This is filled with an extreme influx of hilarious moments, including Homer trying to eat an electrified fish, the "Rock and a Hard Place" joke, Bart shooting Homer's hot-dog out of his hand with a slingshot, etc. The cast is extremely on point; they give the characters a sense of life no other show can match. Characterisation is also great. Homer is in his dumb, but lovable oaf form, Bart is the charismatic troublemaker we expect him to be (the show kind of forgot this in the later seasons), Lisa is her tree-hugger self (but she doesn't force it), Marge shows more emotion than she does on the show, and Maggie is cute and dangerous (keep the smashed bottle scene in mind). There are also plenty of emotional scenes as well. These include Lisa gushing about her new found love for an Irish boy named Colin, Bart's constant struggle to see Homer as a real father, and Marge's saddening message to Homer about their leaving Alaska for Springfield (along with the perfectly fitting "Close To You" song playing over their wedding video). Overall, this film has excellent characterisation and a flawless plot with the perfect ending (Homer and Marge riding off into the sunset), which makes this the perfect film to fit one of the world's best animated shows. 10/10. Expand
  49. Sep 1, 2014
    I'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of theI'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of the funniest films I have ever seen. All The Simpsons humour you love is here, and it pays tributes to the first 10 seasons more than The Simpsons episodes you've been seeing lately. Since the span of the movie is 90 minutes, pretty much every single character has lines. The storyline here is nothing noteworthy, but it didn't matter to me. One very small flaw is that within the first act very similiar jokes are used. I've said it once and I'll say it again: The Simpsons Movie is hilarious from start to finish. Expand
  50. Aug 3, 2014
    Perhaps some episodes of the series are not humorous at all, but this movie is simply hilarious. "The Simpsons Movie" will cheer you up, will make you sad , make you think and, especially , it will entertain you. A film suitable for all ages.
  51. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The main Simpson family consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and they reside in the fictional town of Springfield. Each of them have their own unique characteristics but in addition to Homer's epic level of intelligence, the family is largely, helplessly dysfunctional (which is kind of sad) but that's their life and that is, funny.

This film is indeed hilarious, there are lots of American humor, lots of sarcastic moments and lots of references to films like those of Disney, Titanic, Harry Potter, etc., in this film but those might be confusing to those who are new to the TV series too. However, The Simpsons fans, who are really fond of the family members will like this! It's the only film they have so far and people who like the typical adult American sitcoms would also enjoy this.

To be honest, this film is not easy to justify as it does feels like several episodes merged into one instead of one great film. Some people may find this film as one of the best animated feature film but this is truly no justice for a successful franchise with lots of potentials. Still, at the end of the film, it is strangely fun and fulfilling. Love the themes, which are mostly about family, religion and environment. If you needed a silly funny movie to watch, this could be the film you're looking for!

PS. This film is great for preaching about environmental.
  52. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O filme dos Simpsons é legal,histórico e divertido. Não chega a ser excepcional,mas chega quase lá. E ainda popularizou uma famosa canção: "Porco Aranha,porco aranha" Expand
  53. Apr 16, 2015
    This is a great movie! If your a fan of the simpsons then watch this! It's very funny and you will have a great time watching it with your friends or family or just by yourself!
  54. May 6, 2015
    love this film from beginning to end this is one of the best films of 2007. it is funny it is heartbreaking I really wanted to see where this ending is just a good film to a good TV series.
  55. Apr 19, 2015
    An instant classic with hilarious jokes and great quotes. The Simpsons Movie sure is the best animated/cartoon movie that i have seen. Homer as the idiot dad and Bart as the brat like always. The movie is original and perfect in any way. The movie that you will more than once.

1. It's hard not to like it. And in both senses of the phrase, America keeps asking for it.
    It would be a stretch to call The Simpsons Movie more than a crisper, livelier-looking episode of the series. The change in mediums changes nothing.
  3. The result is two-tiered humor, broad enough to appeal to anybody but overlaid with jokes that will be funnier if you know the show.